Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 73

Author Topic: Serial Killer Roguelike  (Read 112920 times)

Kusgnos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Serial Killer Roguelike
« Reply #30 on: August 23, 2010, 06:25:01 pm »

I made an account and posted there to provide encouragement. Linked to this thread. Hopefully the dev will know that he's already got supporters in his endeavor. :D

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 23, 2010, 06:26:25 pm »

I hope it eventually gets complex enough that we can set up Dark Knight Joker style sadistic choices for the cops/criminals/civilians/anyone who happens to be nearby.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 23, 2010, 06:26:59 pm »

I can see myself working hard as a police man until I am head of police, or some other high ranking officer, then secretly killing off all the other cops until I am the Law.
Nom nom nom

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 23, 2010, 06:27:30 pm »

The game is also supposed to let you work as a sortof vigilante as well.  That's probably be more difficult though.

Hmm... plotline killings?

Megaman

• Bay Watcher
  • What is love?
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 23, 2010, 06:28:29 pm »

It seems the entire forum orgasm'd with posts. Thats it, when it comes out I'm going to play it at a dark night with a cloak on.
Hello Hunam

dbfuru

• Bay Watcher
  • TRICKINGGG
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube -Videos of my tricking progression-
« Reply #35 on: August 23, 2010, 06:30:37 pm »

Wow, this sounds really freaking awesome! All sorts of gasms.

TheCrimsonKing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 23, 2010, 06:30:57 pm »

Wow, thanks for the kind comments, guys. Glad you enjoyed the video!

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 23, 2010, 06:31:29 pm »

Sometimes it's the small things.  For some reason I really like the finality of dying, even if it probably won't stay the way it is.  No high score screen, no would you like to identify your possessions, it's over.
Shoes...

Kusgnos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 23, 2010, 06:33:48 pm »

Quote from: Crimsonking, on the other forum
In other news, I've got the frame work down for a thought log for your character, similar to that of Dwarf Fortress. "John is in an exuberant mood. He slaughtered someone recently." That's not what it'll say, but you get the idea.

That sounds awesome. Thought logs?! More fun to read. "Serial Killer is gleeful. He eviscerated a cop recently."

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 23, 2010, 06:34:48 pm »

Awesome. Release it to us, even if there be bugs. We play Dwarf Fortress, we care not.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

eclipsetail

• Bay Watcher
  • [HIGH_FIVES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 23, 2010, 06:36:02 pm »

Awesome. Release it to us, even if there be bugs. We play Dwarf Fortress, we care not.

So true.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 23, 2010, 06:36:12 pm »

Yeah, we will think no less of you for it not being finished or bug-free. Indeed, we will only end up thinking even better of you when it becomes more advanced.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

TheCrimsonKing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 23, 2010, 06:38:28 pm »

I don't have a specific road map set down for features, I'm simply implementing what I want as I go along. The end result should be something like this :

* Randomly generated city with various districts, or a large, premade city based on a real life location. I prefer the latter. More character can be placed into the locations you create yourself.
* Dynamic AI that adhere to schedules (work,the eat, sleep and so on)
* Night and day with lighting changes to reflect the time.
* Realistic line of sight, realistic stealth and lighting.
* Starting house \ apartment for the player and real estate to buy.
* Regular jobs for income support (or simply steal from your victims or, hell, live like a hobo)
* Hunger and various edible (and not so edible) foods. Cooking.
* Multiple attacks for each weapon (edge, point & blunt for a knife, as an example)
* Trophies. Body parts, fluids and possessions. Place drops of blood on slides if you want.
* Fleshed out mental states, traits and psychological profiles. Experience hallucinations, insomnia, black outs, fits of rage and other conditions. Have traits that automatically perform actions against the players will -- a psychotic who randomly takes off his clothes and runs naked through the streets.
* Drug and alcohol abuse, which ties into mental states and can change your psychological profile.
* Realistic justice system. Get life or the chair for serious crimes, jail time or community service for lesser.
* Realistic evidence system. Police gather evidence and actively seek to find you.
* Disguise's and evidence prevention items. Wear protective plastic suits and masks during messy jobs to avoid spraying blood on your clothes and skin. Place sheets of plastic around the surroundings to reduce the risk of evidence exposure, Dexter style.
* The ability to kidnap characters and take them to any location. Keep them prisoner.
* Reports on the television and newspaper concerning your crimes. Media and public hysteria.
* Join various factions. Become a mob hitman, a crime scene analyst who uses his departments assets to track murderers (hmmm...), a dirty cop, a psychologist who eats his patients. So on and so forth.

Most of those features are a LONG way away though.

Edit : No, no no! Hands off the cookie jar. I'll release it when it's in a state that doesn't drive me to fits of rage.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2010, 06:41:52 pm by TheCrimsonKing »

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 23, 2010, 06:42:28 pm »

Any thoughts on letting the game be played while in prison after being convicted (perhaps with accelerated time so it doesn't last for a boring amount of time unless a life sentance)? Plenty of serial murder goes on there.

No Gods, No Masters.

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 23, 2010, 06:43:00 pm »

Sound very awesome, good luck on it.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 73