Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 73

Author Topic: Serial Killer Roguelike  (Read 113490 times)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Serial Killer Roguelike
« Reply #345 on: August 24, 2010, 07:20:48 am »

I'm glad you could join us Mr. King.

jnecros

• Bay Watcher
  • Black dog runs at night
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #346 on: August 24, 2010, 07:22:24 am »

no idea if this has been said yet in these 20 something pages, but: needs cooking skill, no way I am eating raw human flesh..
Half beard
half belly
all dwarf

LukeRM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: August 24, 2010, 07:23:42 am »

It looks awesome. I'm going to play it the moment it comes out.

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
  • Pile the bodies, set them aflame.
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: August 24, 2010, 07:53:41 am »

I betcha Fox News will pick up on this once it is released,free advertising!

eclipsetail

• Bay Watcher
  • [HIGH_FIVES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: August 24, 2010, 07:53:54 am »

I betcha Fox News will pick up on this once it is released,free advertising!

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: August 24, 2010, 07:59:37 am »

This. Looks. AWESOME. Everyone has a little serial killer in them; thats why they play games like Dwarf Fortress (or Fallout 3, or GTA) so they can get a taste of it without, you know, the actual bad things happening to them.

Though I'm sure someone will do a study linking the playing of psychopathic video games to actual mental disorders. Fox News seems a likely candidate. And yeah, the thread exploding from one page to, what, 24? All in less than a day? Is pretty neat. Maybe you underestimated everyones' serial killer tendencies.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: August 24, 2010, 08:01:36 am »

It's been said before, but we play Dwarf Fortress. We commit crimes against humanity on an hourly basis.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: August 24, 2010, 08:04:48 am »

There are plenty of things which nobody - not the media, not scholars - has paid any attention to whatsoever. So I see no reason why this should be any different, especially as it's only partially graphical.

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
  • Pile the bodies, set them aflame.
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: August 24, 2010, 08:05:25 am »

This. Looks. AWESOME. Everyone has a little serial killer in them; thats why they play games like Dwarf Fortress (or Fallout 3, or GTA) so they can get a taste of it without, you know, the actual bad things happening to them.

Though I'm sure someone will do a study linking the playing of psychopathic video games to actual mental disorders. Fox News seems a likely candidate. And yeah, the thread exploding from one page to, what, 24? All in less than a day? Is pretty neat. Maybe you underestimated everyones' serial killer tendencies.
Concidering Dwarf Fortress is a game where you can torture babies and kill their parents WITH THE BABIES GUTS I wouldn't be surprised if a few of us were serial killers.
 :P
« Last Edit: August 24, 2010, 08:09:33 am by Dwarf mc dwarf »

TheCrimsonKing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: August 24, 2010, 08:23:31 am »

no idea if this has been said yet in these 20 something pages, but: needs cooking skill, no way I am eating raw human flesh..

I haven't got around to adding an actual hunger stat, but cooking will be in there when I do.

I've got the basics down for nailing limbs to walls and objects. Haven't got the time to code it now, but you'll eventually be able to nail/sew/attach limbs (or any objects I guess) to anything, including other NPC's. Hell, sew together thousands of limbs and make a giant pissed off limb monster that cavorts through your dreams feeding on stray hobos. Or cut your own hand off and sew on a butchers knife or hook or something.

That's it for today, got work.

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: August 24, 2010, 08:26:45 am »

Hell, sew together thousands of limbs and make a giant pissed off limb monster that cavorts through your dreams feeding on stray hobos. Or cut your own hand off and sew on a butchers knife or hook or something.

Have my babies.

Deliciously demented... I think I'm going to like this game.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: August 24, 2010, 08:27:12 am »

So then, in a fully hypothetical way, we could hypotheticly go around collecting body parts to recreate the Welder from 7 Days a Skeptic?
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: August 24, 2010, 08:32:17 am »

Fuck that. I am going to play as the Tall Man.

First step will be removing my face.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

vagel7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: August 24, 2010, 08:33:01 am »

This thing is just so awesome, maybe we should be able to skin our victims too?
That last gobbo would stand there, missing an arm, punctured in a kidney, liver, and spleen, fading in and out of consciousness at the far end of where the drawbridge would go, and his last sight would be the drawbridge dropping down and smashing him like a bug.

God DAMN I love this game!

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: August 24, 2010, 08:34:15 am »

Yeah, good luck surviving that without the assistance of a pain elemental god thing.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 73