Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 73

Author Topic: Serial Killer Roguelike  (Read 115215 times)

vagel7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Serial Killer Roguelike
« Reply #375 on: August 24, 2010, 09:21:54 am »

I would not pay either
That last gobbo would stand there, missing an arm, punctured in a kidney, liver, and spleen, fading in and out of consciousness at the far end of where the drawbridge would go, and his last sight would be the drawbridge dropping down and smashing him like a bug.

God DAMN I love this game!

Zorgn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: August 24, 2010, 09:29:10 am »

:o I have the odd urge to play this and see how long I can live in a victim's house without them noticing. Live in the attic and spy on them, plotting their demise when I'm not raiding their fridge, that sort of thing.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: August 24, 2010, 09:32:52 am »

:o I have the odd urge to play this and see how long I can live in a victim's house without them noticing. Live in the attic and spy on them, plotting their demise when I'm not raiding their fridge, that sort of thing.

And maybe move their stuff around, see if you can convince them that there are poltergeists about.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

eclipsetail

• Bay Watcher
  • [HIGH_FIVES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: August 24, 2010, 09:33:59 am »

And maybe move their stuff around, see if you can convince them that there are poltergeists about.

Fun.

Twerty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: August 24, 2010, 09:34:22 am »

You have my preorder if you go that way!
Donating would probably be better.
Stop ruining beautiful things with money, damnit. Stop it. Stop it now. He JUST announced it and you're already ruining it. :[
« Last Edit: August 24, 2010, 09:41:20 am by Twerty »
Free-to-play games are like the fountains in NetHack. At first, they look refreshing, but when you approach snakes pour out and eat you.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: August 24, 2010, 09:36:49 am »

Leave messages around in your own blood, and make him so crazy with fear that you could just call the police and he'd start shooting when they knocked on the door.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: August 24, 2010, 09:59:25 am »

Leave messages around in your own blood, and make him so crazy with fear that you could just call the police and he'd start shooting when they knocked on the door.

And this is why we play Dwarf Fortress.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

kholhaus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pissed and Inspired
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: August 24, 2010, 10:08:05 am »

>Murder many hobos

>Dismember hobos and nail their body parts to walls and things in a decrepit house.

>Make loud noises, wait for sirens.

>SLOWLY KILL THE POLICE AS THEY INVESTIGATE THE DISTURBANCE AHAHAHAHAH.
Kholhaus has been inspired recently.
Kholhaus has lost a favorite to tragedy recently.

Little

• Bay Watcher
  • IN SOVIET RUSSIA, LITTLE IS YOU!
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: August 24, 2010, 10:08:59 am »

An alpha release would be awesome :D
Blizzard is managed by dark sorcerers, and probably have enough money to bail-out the federal government.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: August 24, 2010, 10:09:48 am »

wow sounds like manhunt in 2d without esrb breathing down its devs back.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: August 24, 2010, 10:10:42 am »

I just realized that this game would allow me to be Jigsaw, but without the elaborate traps. Hello, Officer Dunmont. You don't know me, but I know you. I want to play a game.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

kholhaus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pissed and Inspired
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: August 24, 2010, 10:14:03 am »

Yes, an alpha release would be the best thing ever.

I think most of us enjoy this game because it's refreshing, it's strategic, and you always have the threat of being found out. A great risk that we can't carry out in real life because of death, which is the worst penalty ever. Because we fear death, and our guilt for others dying, we can't carry this out. But in a game, we KNOW it's a game. Therefore all risks are gone.
Anyone who goes out on a killing spree or what what, probably was already mentally unstable to begin with. It was inevitable.
Kholhaus has been inspired recently.
Kholhaus has lost a favorite to tragedy recently.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: August 24, 2010, 10:23:01 am »

Would severed body parts distract and scare people? Police aren't going to move so quickly into a doorway made entirely out of severed fingers that you just have to touch to get through, I'd think. Also, it would be nice if there was some kind of sanity checks for npcs just like how the pc can do things not intended. Make an npc pretty much crazy so that by the time they reach you they might just attack their friend.
If I had an alpha release I would almost definitely donate, if only to persuade you to spend less time at work and more time coding.

Hugehead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: August 24, 2010, 10:46:38 am »

If this hits 50 pages will you give us the demo in the video? Pweeeaase? :'(
We're Bay12er's. If there is a bug, we will find it, exploit it, and make a recursive statue out of it. Just look up Planepacked.
When a dwarf enters a martial trance, they become Jedi. Short, drunken Jedi.

Whiskey mcgin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: August 24, 2010, 10:49:36 am »

It feels like that this is what my life has been missing... DO WANT!  :)
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 73