Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 73

Author Topic: Serial Killer Roguelike  (Read 114106 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Serial Killer Roguelike
« Reply #525 on: August 25, 2010, 03:25:30 am »

So, King said that we could make a limb monster by sewing parts together, but was he joking in that it would move on its own?
I want to cut a different body part from each victim and sew them together until I've got a frankenstein style monster. I'll then unleash it on the townspeople.

I cant think of many serial killers in movies who did that.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: August 25, 2010, 03:32:14 am »

So, King said that we could make a limb monster by sewing parts together, but was he joking in that it would move on its own?
I want to cut a different body part from each victim and sew them together until I've got a frankenstein style monster. I'll then unleash it on the townspeople.

What are you talking about? It's a common trope.

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: August 25, 2010, 03:33:13 am »

Really? I think a lot of horror films have to do with serial killers that have magical powers for some reason and possess puppets and stuff. And the scope of the game sounds pretty ambitious. Letting you be a mad scientist harvesting the suburbs for parts to use in your Great Work might find its way in if development goes on for long enough. Or working for one. When Master asks for a brain at three in the morning, you bloody well get him a brain.

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
  • Multiclass Bard/Kitten trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: August 25, 2010, 03:40:22 am »

Can we play evil Orson Welles?
Come see the MOST interesting Twitter account on the internet!  Mine!

Don't worry!  Be happy!  It's the law!

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: August 25, 2010, 03:43:24 am »

Really? I think a lot of horror films have to do with serial killers that have magical powers for some reason and possess puppets and stuff. And the scope of the game sounds pretty ambitious. Letting you be a mad scientist harvesting the suburbs for parts to use in your Great Work might find its way in if development goes on for long enough. Or working for one. When Master asks for a brain at three in the morning, you bloody well get him a brain.

Slasher films, maybe. But this doesn't look like it's going to be a slasher film-type game. More of a thriller/suspense-type, from the killer's point of view.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

mnjiman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: August 25, 2010, 03:44:57 am »

This game looks like it will have great promise.

Ill be keeping track of this, I hope a version comes out soon <3.
I was thinking more along the lines of this legendary champion, all clad in dented and dinged up steel plate, his blood-drenched axe slung over his back, a notch in the handle for every enemy that saw the swing of that blade as the last sight they ever saw, a battered shield strapped over his arm... and a fluffy, pink stuffed hippo hidden discretely in his breastplate.

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
  • Pile the bodies, set them aflame.
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: August 25, 2010, 03:46:39 am »

Are there going to be children in this game?you have NO idea how much I want to sew the severed limbs of a (video game) childs parents onto it.

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: August 25, 2010, 03:47:21 am »

How about a manic pixie dream girl character who using her manic pixie dream girl wiles to lure lonely men to their doom because um... I dunno.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: August 25, 2010, 03:48:44 am »

How about a manic pixie dream girl character who using her manic pixie dream girl wiles to lure lonely men to their doom because um... I dunno.

Because that's just how she rolls, is why.
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: August 25, 2010, 03:51:12 am »

Because she wants to feed all the starving stray kittens!

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: August 25, 2010, 03:55:19 am »

How the hell did pixies manage their way into the conversation? Let's stick to modes of death vaguely realistic, and work our way up from there with mods or whathaveyou.

Now, I personally wonder if there will be any significant amount of terrain destruction in this game. I'd like to go all axe-crazy like Jack from the Shining, and chop down doors going "HERE'S JOHNNY!". Or maybe make flying leaps through windows and tackle my unsuspecting victims in a crazed stabbing rampage.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: August 25, 2010, 03:56:38 am »

How the hell did pixies manage their way into the conversation? Let's stick to modes of death vaguely realistic, and work our way up from there with mods or whathaveyou.

Now, I personally wonder if there will be any significant amount of terrain destruction in this game. I'd like to go all axe-crazy like Jack from the Shining, and chop down doors going "HERE'S JOHNNY!". Or maybe make flying leaps through windows and tackle my unsuspecting victims in a crazed stabbing rampage.

Clearly you are not as well versed in the troping ways as I thought, Josh. :P

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
  • Pile the bodies, set them aflame.
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: August 25, 2010, 03:57:42 am »

What I want to do is shoot somebody in the leg through a window and then go and strangle their children with a coil of rope WHILE they are watching and then dissasemble the children and stich every limb onto the parent.

I'm a sick bastard, arent I?

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: August 25, 2010, 03:58:09 am »

Clearly you are not as well versed in the troping ways as I thought, Josh. :P

NO! I have been undone!

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: August 25, 2010, 03:59:53 am »

Pixie is just a term to describe a whimsical personality.

So a Manic Pixie Dream Girl serial killer would be someone who sweeps lonely business men off their feet and teaches them to enjoy life and then murders them horribly to feed her friends, the stray kittens.

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 73