Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 73

Author Topic: Serial Killer Roguelike  (Read 113534 times)

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
  • Pile the bodies, set them aflame.
    • View Profile
Re: Serial Killer Roguelike
« Reply #555 on: August 25, 2010, 04:50:09 am »

.If I ever do add sexual crimes, I can guarantee you that you won't be able to perform them on children. That's something I definitely don't want to touch.
More than fair enough, as a matter of fact I would prefer not to have raping children in this game :D but if I created a game I probably would but regret it.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: August 25, 2010, 04:50:53 am »

Yeah. All I do is hunt mermaids to sell their skulls as luxury items.

Yeah, I really appreciate that mermaid skull ashtray Muz. Really comes in handy, because while I don't personally smoke, whenever a fine lady comes over, I can be all like "Hey wanna light one up? I got a mermaid skull ashtray.".

Gets'em every time.

I've got no issues with adding child NPC's to the game once I've got some kind of family relationship system and proper schedules set up, so it'll be up to you whether you want to hurt them or not. I draw the line, for the time being, at sexual crimes. Everything else is permissible. If I ever do add sexual crimes, I can guarantee you that you won't be able to perform them on children. That's something I definitely don't want to touch.

Don't worry, so long as I have my human centipede, I'm happy.

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
  • Multiclass Bard/Kitten trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: August 25, 2010, 04:51:03 am »

I've got no issues with adding child NPC's to the game once I've got some kind of family relationship system and proper schedules set up, so it'll be up to you whether you want to hurt them or not. I draw the line, for the time being, at sexual crimes. Everything else is permissible. If I ever do add sexual crimes, I can guarantee you that you won't be able to perform them on children. That's something I definitely don't want to touch.

You've let down your RPG Codex fans... :P

Well who cares they don't really love you.  Their darkened hearts are incapable of such an emotion. :)

Will there be able to chloroform and kidnap people then take pictures of them in compromising poses and post them to our character's facebook page?  I think adding some sort of facebook parody far down the line would be a really cool idea.

Or maybe twitter.  "Hot blond on 42d street.  Sneaking up on her now."

"Dam!!11 She ran away11 Gess shesa follower."
Come see the MOST interesting Twitter account on the internet!  Mine!

Don't worry!  Be happy!  It's the law!

mnjiman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: August 25, 2010, 04:53:11 am »

Reasonable.
I was thinking more along the lines of this legendary champion, all clad in dented and dinged up steel plate, his blood-drenched axe slung over his back, a notch in the handle for every enemy that saw the swing of that blade as the last sight they ever saw, a battered shield strapped over his arm... and a fluffy, pink stuffed hippo hidden discretely in his breastplate.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: August 25, 2010, 04:53:40 am »

It's cool you've laid out how basic the game is CrimsonKing, so these jackals don't get all disappointed. Also sounds like you've got a solid framework on which to build features into. Just one thing...

The "You hear sirens!" prompt will be removed so you won't know when they arrive.

You should be able to hear this sometime. Perhaps as you've become more infamous, cops respond to calls for service Hollywood style. The sound of sirens is one of those primordial things criminals react to, don't just blanketly get rid of it.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: August 25, 2010, 05:01:14 am »

You can do it CrimsonKing!Don't doubt yourself and DON'T give your adress out to the fans.

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: August 25, 2010, 05:02:25 am »

And make sure your real name isn't linked to your screen name.

mnjiman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: August 25, 2010, 05:05:36 am »

It's cool you've laid out how basic the game is CrimsonKing, so these jackals don't get all disappointed. Also sounds like you've got a solid framework on which to build features into. Just one thing...

The "You hear sirens!" prompt will be removed so you won't know when they arrive.

You should be able to hear this sometime. Perhaps as you've become more infamous, cops respond to calls for service Hollywood style. The sound of sirens is one of those primordial things criminals react to, don't just blanketly get rid of it.

"You Hear Sirens" should be something that happens when you do your first 1-3 murders. After words though, the cops should stop using their sirens because your 'threat' level has increased due to the recent murders.
I was thinking more along the lines of this legendary champion, all clad in dented and dinged up steel plate, his blood-drenched axe slung over his back, a notch in the handle for every enemy that saw the swing of that blade as the last sight they ever saw, a battered shield strapped over his arm... and a fluffy, pink stuffed hippo hidden discretely in his breastplate.

TheCrimsonKing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: August 25, 2010, 05:09:08 am »

It'll be removed for the initial alpha version because there are no vehicles, hence no cop cars. The mental image I get at the moment, with that message, is of swarms of cops arriving on foot, vocally imitating the sounds of sirens. Rather disturbing, like something you'd see in Twin Peaks.

Edit:

Maybe they just park off map.

Good point. Okay, I'll leave it in.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2010, 05:32:21 am by TheCrimsonKing »

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: August 25, 2010, 05:20:21 am »

I loled when I saw your comment CrimsonKing  :P

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: August 25, 2010, 05:26:31 am »

Maybe they just park off map.

Quarr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: August 25, 2010, 05:35:18 am »

Do you plan on accepting donations during the development? I'm sure there's at least a handful of people who would donate once you get a release out the door (myself being one of them).

What about the source code -- when you're 'finished', would you consider releasing it to the public?

TheCrimsonKing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: August 25, 2010, 05:55:06 am »

Do you plan on accepting donations during the development? I'm sure there's at least a handful of people who would donate once you get a release out the door (myself being one of them).

What about the source code -- when you're 'finished', would you consider releasing it to the public?

Appreciated, but no. I'd feel uncomfortable receiving any money for the game. It's something I make in my spare time anyway, and donations would probably drive me to spend more time working on it than I want to.

The game is coded in Java. I might include another application that will allow you modify the code for weapons, NPC's and interactions so you can attempt to come up with your own stuff. That'll probably help greatly with development as well with the custom content that people will make.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: August 25, 2010, 05:56:12 am »

Will it be moddable to an extent?

Pillow_Killer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: August 25, 2010, 05:57:37 am »

When will you release us a demo?
Quote from: x2yzh9
every man faps to every person he knows/likes. I've done that for about 2 girls that I've liked really, and it's because they have big boobs. 'Nuff said amirite?
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 73