Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 73

Author Topic: Serial Killer Roguelike  (Read 112933 times)

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
  • Pile the bodies, set them aflame.
    • View Profile
Re: Serial Killer Roguelike
« Reply #570 on: August 25, 2010, 06:04:55 am »

Yeah, when will you release a demo?

TheCrimsonKing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: August 25, 2010, 06:11:58 am »

Will it be moddable to an extent?

Depends on what I make available for modifying. Like I said, I might include an editor so you can change the attributes of items, NPC's and some of the interactions. The application itself is protected against decompiling but it wouldn't surprise me if someone managed to do just that and added whatever the hell they wanted to.

Alpha version will be released when I'm done with it, and, like I said before, will not take any longer than a month or two. Shesh, the first version of DF was released years after its first announcement. Be patient.

Pillow_Killer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: August 25, 2010, 06:13:07 am »

We cant.
Quote from: x2yzh9
every man faps to every person he knows/likes. I've done that for about 2 girls that I've liked really, and it's because they have big boobs. 'Nuff said amirite?

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: August 25, 2010, 06:15:03 am »

We're kind of crazy, sorry. =p

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: August 25, 2010, 06:16:27 am »

Just dropping by to say I am looking forward to playing this game!
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: August 25, 2010, 06:16:58 am »

I can be patient....I CAN'T STAND IT ANYMORE!RELEASE THE GAME!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

mnjiman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: August 25, 2010, 06:18:27 am »

Om nom nom nom nom nom nom nom
I was thinking more along the lines of this legendary champion, all clad in dented and dinged up steel plate, his blood-drenched axe slung over his back, a notch in the handle for every enemy that saw the swing of that blade as the last sight they ever saw, a battered shield strapped over his arm... and a fluffy, pink stuffed hippo hidden discretely in his breastplate.

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: August 25, 2010, 06:20:51 am »

Wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf?

I have a few suggestions

Rope:To bind and strangle victims

Gasoline and matches:to trap somebody in their house with fire,burn their house down or burn them alive with it

« Last Edit: August 25, 2010, 07:16:15 am by Dwarf mc dwarf »

Leonon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: August 25, 2010, 07:24:15 am »

There will be basic weapons : blunt weapons and slashing weapons, as well as pistols and shotguns.
It may be good to differentiate slashing and impaling weapons/damage. Impaling attacks are more likely to disrupt vital functions and send someone into shock.

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: August 25, 2010, 07:57:17 am »

There will be basic weapons : blunt weapons and slashing weapons, as well as pistols and shotguns.
It may be good to differentiate slashing and impaling weapons/damage. Impaling attacks are more likely to disrupt vital functions and send someone into shock.
Yeah that is really a must have in a serial killer game. (I'm not being sarcastic if you thought I was)
« Last Edit: August 25, 2010, 07:59:22 am by Dwarf mc dwarf »

Apple Master

• Bay Watcher
  • The Master of Apples. IT IS AN APPLE
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: August 25, 2010, 07:58:20 am »

Maybe you should lock this thread, then unlock it when a version is released. I really really don't want to wait, it'd be better to forget for a while..

Hah who am I kidding this thread grows stupidly quick and I need somewhere to beg.

PSN: SirAppleforth. Add me and say you're from Bay12!

Farce

• Bay Watcher
  • muttermutterbabble
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: August 25, 2010, 07:59:13 am »

I don't expect it in your first release, but do you have anything planned for hiding under stuff, and slashing peoples ankles when they walk by?  If you can then drag them in, that's even more awesome.

Also, how long will the police linger on the scene/in the map after they've been called, and is there anything you can do to get rid of the blood on your clothes?

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: August 25, 2010, 08:07:03 am »

I have a few more ideas

victims eating food, why? because you'll need that to poison food  :P

The effects of indigested poison:The victim will start feeling nauseous which means they are less capable of fighting back a while after that they will begin to vomit and be in pain and after that, death! however a paranoid victim may make themselves vomit straight after they feel nauseous thus saving themselves.

Sledgehammers:for plain brain crushing brutality

Chainsaws:You can't have a serial killer game without chainsaws!

Random power tools:can't think of any right now  :-[
« Last Edit: August 25, 2010, 08:14:10 am by Dwarf mc dwarf »

Xombie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: August 25, 2010, 08:16:50 am »

I've got no issues with adding child NPC's to the game once I've got some kind of family relationship system and proper schedules set up, so it'll be up to you whether you want to hurt them or not. I draw the line, for the time being, at sexual crimes. Everything else is permissible. If I ever do add sexual crimes, I can guarantee you that you won't be able to perform them on children. That's something I definitely don't want to touch.
ahem
why do you 'want to touch' butchering children and nailing their limbs to the wall?
IMO: just cut that feature completely (or make it usable on everyone if you insist)

Also did you say your bosses and co-workers don't exist in the world so you cant kill them?
How about cops? Do they live somewhere and have their shedules or just spawn around like in GTA? What if PC is a cop?

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: August 25, 2010, 08:20:43 am »

Wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf?

I have a few suggestions

Rope:To bind and strangle victims

Gasoline and matches:to trap somebody in their house with fire,burn their house down or burn them alive with it

Or how about take a razor to their ear and sing into it?
"OH NO! That carp is gulping at me menacingly, even though it cannot really threaten me from here on land!  I KNOW! I'll dodge into the water, where I'll be safe!"
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 73