Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 73

Author Topic: Serial Killer Roguelike  (Read 115214 times)

Ringmaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Serial Killer Roguelike
« Reply #810 on: August 26, 2010, 01:12:50 pm »

Not to keep on at this argument, but do keep in mind you aren't forced to kill innocent people. In fact, two of the traits you can select make it nigh-impossible to kill innocent people.

Anyway, moving swiftly on...

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: August 26, 2010, 01:28:27 pm »

LCS is definitely fairly similar to this, there is intimate descriptive murder of those who oppose you.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #812 on: August 26, 2010, 01:35:45 pm »

Is it me, or were words crammed into my mouth while I was away?

Let me just simplify my point even further. It's a game, have fun with it; don't like it, don't play it. I'm violent, you're violent; we're all violent; Some of us just have discretion on how we apply it. The edutainment crap is just a random occurrence. People learn random things at random times from random things (it could be from anywhere, at any time, from anything, about anything; and it's a completely random occurrence).

Or simplest in RAW format:
[VIOLENCE:ABLE:DONT_CONDONE][GAME:FUN:RECREATIONAL_PURPOSE][CAN_LEARN_FROM:RANDOM_CHANCE:FULL_RANDOM]

Leave me out of the rest of the arguments please. I like to continue having fun with this thread. I mean, look at my earlier posts; I was coming up with feature ideas for crying out loud. I want to play this game as much as the next guy, and I have my own scruples/features I would want/don't want to use. I mean, I'm as human/dwarfy as the next guy. So, let's just leave it here, and enjoy the thread again. Please?

[/DEBATE:REQUEST]
« Last Edit: August 26, 2010, 01:50:15 pm by Itnetlolor »

Hugna

• Bay Watcher
  • Till the Earth!
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: August 26, 2010, 02:33:52 pm »

Is it me, or were words crammed into my mouth while I was away?

Let me just simplify my point even further. It's a game, have fun with it; don't like it, don't play it. I'm violent, you're violent; we're all violent; Some of us just have discretion on how we apply it. The edutainment crap is just a random occurrence. People learn random things at random times from random things (it could be from anywhere, at any time, from anything, about anything; and it's a completely random occurrence).

Or simplest in RAW format:
[VIOLENCE:ABLE:DONT_CONDONE][GAME:FUN:RECREATIONAL_PURPOSE][CAN_LEARN_FROM:RANDOM_CHANCE:FULL_RANDOM]

Leave me out of the rest of the arguments please. I like to continue having fun with this thread. I mean, look at my earlier posts; I was coming up with feature ideas for crying out loud. I want to play this game as much as the next guy, and I have my own scruples/features I would want/don't want to use. I mean, I'm as human/dwarfy as the next guy. So, let's just leave it here, and enjoy the thread again. Please?

[/DEBATE:REQUEST]
.....Why do i feel we think alike? I know how to simplify politics on games, and we both know what games are all about.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: August 26, 2010, 03:24:45 pm »

and we both know what games are all about.
Having fun? Far too many seem to forget that sometimes...
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

nuker w

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: August 26, 2010, 03:33:26 pm »

I really, really don't see peoples problems if they don't like it. To graphic? Don't play it, you can't go and make people follow YOUR rules (thats for the political people). Worried your kid might get to it in the huge space of the internet? Don't censor OUR world, just your kids so that when he grows up, he wont have a clue about whats, what. Want to take action against it? Its a free, non-graphic (as in no 3d characters), hobbie game. Not a lot is going to stick.

cappstv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: August 26, 2010, 04:08:27 pm »

So, since kids are going to be in the game can we  make a kid serial killer?
The French were adept of the "Losing is Fun" philosophy long before Dwarf Fortress.

janekk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: August 26, 2010, 04:09:46 pm »

This looks awesome. Is there any date on it?

cappstv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: August 26, 2010, 04:21:42 pm »

Any chance that when are character goes to sleep that when he wakes up we can read a little text about his dreams. Just to go deeper into their psychology? Or even have dreams about the people you kill, or getting caught, which can make your character nervous.
The French were adept of the "Losing is Fun" philosophy long before Dwarf Fortress.

Ringmaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: August 26, 2010, 04:32:43 pm »

Any chance that when are character goes to sleep that when he wakes up we can read a little text about his dreams. Just to go deeper into their psychology? Or even have dreams about the people you kill, or getting caught, which can make your character nervous.

That's a property of two of the traits. One that allows you to have interactive hallucinations. The other has you hallucinate about your victims (Assumably also interactive)

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: August 26, 2010, 04:48:41 pm »

I know how to simplify politics on games

No. No you don't. "Politics want all video games to be banned" wasn't just an ungrammatical statement, it was also simplistic, a child's notion of political realities and video games.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

cappstv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: August 26, 2010, 04:50:17 pm »

So does that mean if you haven't kill someone in a while your victims will just start randomly appear in your apartment? If so, I find that creepy and awesome.

Farce

• Bay Watcher
  • muttermutterbabble
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: August 26, 2010, 04:56:30 pm »

Too graphic?

Talking about a roguelike

Can I just say, this made me laugh.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: August 26, 2010, 05:00:31 pm »

Well... a book can have "graphic violence".

rawr359

• Bay Watcher
  • dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: August 26, 2010, 05:02:36 pm »

Quit fucking arguing. All of you.
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 73