Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 73

Author Topic: Serial Killer Roguelike  (Read 114988 times)

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
Re: Serial Killer Roguelike
« Reply #990 on: August 28, 2010, 04:44:28 pm »

Someone should 'serial kill' them both. Would be the greatest irony in the games history.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: August 28, 2010, 04:46:44 pm »

I'm now almost tempted to attempt to learn how to program with the purpose of making something like this. Bah.

Kusgnos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: August 28, 2010, 04:46:56 pm »

Hahaha, it was very well thought out, if it's true. All the posts in different forums, and the very detailed responses to...pretty much everything. I still have a glimmer of hope that the guy just got his Youtube account hacked, since it's an extremely original concept in the first place. Hmm. Maybe someone else will try to take up the mantle and design one!

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: August 28, 2010, 04:47:05 pm »

This has to be a joke...

Also I feel kind of insulted by the clarification.

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: August 28, 2010, 04:48:04 pm »

Geez, that was smart.

"Hey, let's see how people would react if we made a game about serial killing. I wonder if people will be all negative about it and think it's horrible. Oh, wait, there's a bunch who think it's a great idea. In fact, there even giving us suggestions on how to make it more violent and fucked-up! I think this is the perfect time to tell them we lied to their faces, and these hundreds of possibly psychotic individuals are not getting what they wanted. I'm sure they understand, and won't seek a more real-life alternative to the game we promised. ESPECIALLY not on us!"

I'm going to be paying close attention to the news for a few weeks.
Nothing important here, move along.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: August 28, 2010, 04:48:18 pm »

This has to be a joke...

It's not likely to be a joke; the guy's personality appeared stable enough.

Wait, am I setting myself up for a "beware the nice ones" joke? I think I might be.

Lap

• Bay Watcher
  • I <3 Lua
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: August 28, 2010, 04:49:48 pm »

At the very least there will probably be some very angry harassment from /b/. Poor decision.

rawr359

• Bay Watcher
  • dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: August 28, 2010, 04:50:24 pm »

What a dick.
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #998 on: August 28, 2010, 04:50:40 pm »

Ugh, what a dick.

ninja:  Dammit rawr
Shoes...

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: August 28, 2010, 04:50:54 pm »

I can't believe it. They make this hoax, it would genuinely be an original idea if it were real, and when they reveal the truth they take the moral high ground. So, to "Crimson King": You two are the deceitful ones here. Don't act like you're some saints for creating this hoax to collect data. What happens in fiction doesn't translate to reality in healthy individuals, which makes up the majority of us.

So, for those who fall in the catagory that understands the value of honesty, kudos to you.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2010, 04:53:18 pm by MetalSlimeHunt »
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1000 on: August 28, 2010, 04:51:33 pm »

I'll wait a week to see how this pans over. I don't want to overreact until I'm absolutely sure this was the ultimate intent.

but yeah, /b/ is gonna mess them up.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: August 28, 2010, 04:51:45 pm »

It doesnt make sense that it was all part of a "study", though, because the author specifically stated that the game wasn't just about "serial killing", but in general a crime simulator, and that you could also play a policeman or a burglar.

EDIT:

http://www.roguetemple.com/forums/index.php?topic=1298.msg8872#msg8872

Besides, what would such a study prove? There is already a "serial killer" game (I read about it on this same forum, it's about some ship in which you have to assasinate other passengers), and plenty of games that allow heavy criminal behavior (Not least Dwarf Fortress or LCS). So what would a study about the replies of people that show interest in the game show anyway?
« Last Edit: August 28, 2010, 04:56:06 pm by ChairmanPoo »
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: August 28, 2010, 04:54:03 pm »

So who believes they have no girl(boy) friends? (They probably 'watch' them, collecting data.)
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Hugehead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: August 28, 2010, 04:54:33 pm »

He loses several billion interwebs.
What a dick.
We're Bay12er's. If there is a bug, we will find it, exploit it, and make a recursive statue out of it. Just look up Planepacked.
When a dwarf enters a martial trance, they become Jedi. Short, drunken Jedi.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: August 28, 2010, 04:55:00 pm »

Eh, he changed it.
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 73