Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73

Author Topic: Serial Killer Roguelike  (Read 113626 times)

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Serial Killer Roguelike
« Reply #1065 on: August 28, 2010, 05:39:54 pm »

If it had been a college task at least they'd have a justification for all that pointless work.

There might not've been much work involved. We don't even know if it was even a working program, let alone something that was "interactive" in the sense of a game.

Kusgnos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: August 28, 2010, 05:40:12 pm »

Don't lock this. This thread is now about attempts to make a real version of this shit.

GOGOGO

Haha, that sounds cool. I'll leave it open unless a mod decides to lock it, then.

Hugehead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: August 28, 2010, 05:40:38 pm »

It's not that hard to fake a turn based tileset game, it would take a bit of time but it's not that hard.
We're Bay12er's. If there is a bug, we will find it, exploit it, and make a recursive statue out of it. Just look up Planepacked.
When a dwarf enters a martial trance, they become Jedi. Short, drunken Jedi.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: August 28, 2010, 05:40:54 pm »

Lock this. We all know that these dozens of attempts to make it real will die in about a month or so.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: August 28, 2010, 05:41:49 pm »

Monumentally awesome Troll if it was. I'd like CK to comment on this if it is, and he certainly gets my applause

Megaman

• Bay Watcher
  • What is love?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: August 28, 2010, 05:45:18 pm »

Indeed, I'd like CK to put the last word in this.
Hello Hunam

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: August 28, 2010, 05:46:40 pm »

It was a troll, and an epic one, but at least:

Yes, you can use the video or any of the shit I threw out there as a basis for your own game. Make it look exactly the same as it does in the video if you want. I don't claim any copyrights on it.

DO IT!!!!!
Nothing important here, move along.

rawr359

• Bay Watcher
  • dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: August 28, 2010, 05:48:47 pm »

I'm talking to CK via youtube PMs. I asked him to put an end to this and tell everyone on every thread he's made that he's trolling, and to do so under the name we know him as.
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: August 28, 2010, 05:49:16 pm »

If it had been a college task at least they'd have a justification for all that pointless work.

There might not've been much work involved. We don't even know if it was even a working program, let alone something that was "interactive" in the sense of a game.

Actually, I meant bothering with the youtube account, fabricating the video, doing all those posts in the relevant threads, etc...
It's a lot of pointless work-hours, which might have been better spent in something more productive (reading, actual videogames, onanism, movies....)
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Apple Master

• Bay Watcher
  • The Master of Apples. IT IS AN APPLE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: August 28, 2010, 05:50:29 pm »

Just saying, it's illegal to perform any form of study without informed consent, meaning any participant has to have consented to be part of it.
Ergo it's a load of bullshit.

i.e dis be real
PSN: SirAppleforth. Add me and say you're from Bay12!

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1075 on: August 28, 2010, 05:51:07 pm »

Actually, I meant bothering with the youtube account, fabricating the video, doing all those posts in the relevant threads, etc...
It's a lot of pointless work-hours, which might have been better spent in something more productive (reading, actual videogames, onanism, movies....)
Trolls don't understand productiveness. They only like to see others be angry/dissapointed/soul-crushingly depressed.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Megaman

• Bay Watcher
  • What is love?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: August 28, 2010, 05:51:22 pm »

What I really applaud is making up all that BS about the features, and taking advantage of our want for an early release.
Hello Hunam

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: August 28, 2010, 05:51:43 pm »

Just saying, it's illegal to perform any form of study without informed consent
You're wrong.
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

TheCrimsonKing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: August 28, 2010, 05:52:08 pm »

"Can you do me one favor then?

Go to the threads you've started and, under the name you've made, tell people that you were fucking with us."

I was fucking with you. I'm a troll, I know. All the threads and accounts I used will be locked\deleted\whatever so I'm not going anywhere else.

rawr359

• Bay Watcher
  • dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: August 28, 2010, 05:53:50 pm »

You're a masterful troll. Good job.
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73