Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73]

Author Topic: Serial Killer Roguelike  (Read 112924 times)

Lap

• Bay Watcher
  • I <3 Lua
    • View Profile
Re: Serial Killer Roguelike
« Reply #1080 on: August 28, 2010, 05:54:17 pm »

"Can you do me one favor then?

Go to the threads you've started and, under the name you've made, tell people that you were fucking with us."

I was fucking with you. I'm a troll, I know. All the threads and accounts I used will be locked\deleted\whatever so I'm not going anywhere else.

So did you use an existing roguelike framework for the mockup?

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: August 28, 2010, 05:54:25 pm »

Hey, while you are here, why did you go through all that bother when you could have spent that time watching pr0n and playing Counterstrike?
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Ringmaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: August 28, 2010, 05:54:35 pm »

"Can you do me one favor then?

Go to the threads you've started and, under the name you've made, tell people that you were fucking with us."

I was fucking with you. I'm a troll, I know. All the threads and accounts I used will be locked\deleted\whatever so I'm not going anywhere else.

Very expertly done. I wish we had an applause emote.

kholhaus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pissed and Inspired
    • View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: August 28, 2010, 05:54:50 pm »

Mmkay, screw Te4, going with a basic Python Roguelike tut first.

And TheCrimsonKing, no matter how bad a bastard you just became by doing this, I thank you, for sparking all this inspiration in my mind. It's mind-blowing.
Kholhaus has been inspired recently.
Kholhaus has lost a favorite to tragedy recently.

Megaman

• Bay Watcher
  • What is love?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: August 28, 2010, 05:54:59 pm »

Bravo, let this thread be remembered forever as an example to trolls everywhere.
Hello Hunam

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: August 28, 2010, 05:57:01 pm »

How about we don't? There's nothing good about trolls or trolling, unless we're talking Homestuck. It's pure Schadenfreude.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: August 28, 2010, 05:57:54 pm »

So you're suggesting that "negative emotion == bad", are you?

(Wait and see this become a philosophy-related derail. Just wait)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: August 28, 2010, 05:58:56 pm »

No, I'm suggesting "wasting everyone's time and effort to get your retarded chuckles == bad".
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

TheCrimsonKing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: August 28, 2010, 05:59:05 pm »

Hey, while you are here, why did you go through all that bother when you could have spent that time watching pr0n and playing Counterstrike?

Because I can? Do trolls need legitimate reasons to do what they do? It was fun and I was bored.

I didn't use an existing game as a template and I made the videos using flash. Didn't take that long, maybe an hour for the first game play footage. Much less for the other one. The response was extremely positive though. Didn't expect that. I figured I'd run with it anyway, throwing out possible game play elements. Why not?

Labs

• Bay Watcher
  • This aggresion will not stand, man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: August 28, 2010, 05:59:46 pm »

Good show. I'm surprised people are taking this so well. So much hype but my god, it played out so well.
I like to slip into bear caves around midnight and gently caress the carnivore inside before leaving a small cut of fresh fish and sneaking out.

Skeeblix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: August 28, 2010, 06:00:12 pm »

I hope you die in a fire.

kthx.  :D
This is not a signature.

Julius Clonkus

• Bay Watcher
  • [NIGHTMARE_FETISHIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: August 28, 2010, 06:02:01 pm »

So I've been following this thread silently to see the outcome and I can say only one thing...

Well played.
I would applaud you for this masterpiece of a prank, but you wouldn't be able to see or hear it. Really, I wish more trolls were this creative.
Holy schist, this thread is mica me sick.
DF Players never truly leave.  They just abandon the fortress for a few years and then reclaim.
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73]