Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 22

Author Topic: Battle of the Gods: an RP Thread  (Read 44401 times)

Xotes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Battle of the Gods: an RP Thread
« Reply #30 on: February 07, 2008, 11:04:00 am »

Yah...

May I request a relocation, then? That forest only a couple tiles away from the desert would be nice.

[ February 07, 2008: Message edited by: Xotes ]

[ February 07, 2008: Message edited by: Xotes ]

Quote from: Josephus
"Compatibility mode", dude. If he tries running it under "capatability mode" some terrible thing involving elder gods will probably happen.
Quote from: Aqizzar
You say that like it's not a good time to discuss weird people. It's always a good time to discuss weird people.
Quote from: freeformschooler
I was like, ha, this looks like a pretty dumb and boring game. I was so wrong. Gentlemen, I have discovered true fun.

Dark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 07, 2008, 11:06:00 am »

Figured it out! From now on the map will be seperated in to 16x16 segments rather than 1 continuous area.

[ February 07, 2008: Message edited by: Dark ]

Fire of Algir Mountain - A quest that doesn't involve getting a crown.

Xotes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 07, 2008, 11:07:00 am »

Thank you.
"Compatibility mode", dude. If he tries running it under "capatability mode" some terrible thing involving elder gods will probably happen.
You say that like it's not a good time to discuss weird people. It's always a good time to discuss weird people.
I was like, ha, this looks like a pretty dumb and boring game. I was so wrong. Gentlemen, I have discovered true fun.

Dark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 07, 2008, 11:22:00 am »

Xotes do you like your new location? It doesnt look like the game has started yet so I can still move you, btw Fenrir any location you want in particular?

Also Fenrir; I may be the world builder and the lore maker, but you're the Game Master, dont dump this on me just cause yer a lazy git. (No offense, im lazy too a certain degree too.  :D )

Fenrir

« Reply #34 on: February 07, 2008, 11:29:00 am »

Put my Werewolf den in the southern forest in the Redwood River map next to the lake along the southern shore.

Xotes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 07, 2008, 11:29:00 am »

Yah, I like it. Besides, my ironmen can always migrate if the need arises.

Dark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 07, 2008, 11:37:00 am »

Done, now I think we're ready to start. We have enough players and enough empty tiles to do some stuff. Fenrir, il leave the opening move to you, unless, you'll leave the opening move to me?  ;)

Fenrir

« Reply #37 on: February 07, 2008, 11:47:00 am »

You take the opening move, Dark. I'm getting to work on Einherjar; I've let that project fade from my consciousness for too long.

[ February 07, 2008: Message edited by: Fenrir ]

Dark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 07, 2008, 11:56:00 am »

(OOC: the game is now in session!)

Hermatus stepped up to the game table, the rest of the gods had already gathered around the miniature world. He nodded to them in greeting and began rummaging in the pockets of his leather armour. "Heh, got it around ere somewhere, jus' gimi a sec..." He takes out a small miniature dwarf and places it on the table.

code:

▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲⌂⌂.♣♣.♣.♣│~
▲▲▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂▲▲▲▲^ ▲▲▲▲⌂..♣♣.♣┌──┘~
▲▲⌂⌂⌂.......⌂▲▲▲ ▲▲▲⌂..♣┌───┘.⌂⌂~
▲⌂⌂......≈⌂⌂▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲⌂⌂..│....⌂▲⌂~
▲⌂.......≈≈≈⌂▲▲▲ ^▲▲⌂.┌─┘.♣♣..⌂~~
▲¤▲⌂⌂..☻.π≈≈⌂⌂▲▲ ▲○⌂..│...♣.♣.~~~
▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂▲▲▲▲ ⌂└──┬┘..♣◘♣..~~.
▲▲^▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂ ....│....♣♣..~..
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂⌂ .♣..└──┐...♣...≈
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲^▲▲▲⌂⌂. ♣♣.....└─┐....≈≈
⌂⌂⌂▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂..♣ ♣♣.♣.....└───≈≈≈
.⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂▲▲⌂⌂⌂⌂..♣. ♣.♣♣♣♣..♣.....≈≈
..⌂≈⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂...♣♣♣ ♣♣≈♣♣♣♣♣.♣♣...≈≈
♣≈≈%≈⌂⌂⌂......♣♣ ♣≈≈≈♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣..≈≈
.♣≈≈≈≈......♣♣♣♣ ♣≈@♣♣♣♣.♣♣♣..≈≈≈
♣.♣♣...♣..♣♣.♣♣♣ ♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣.≈≈≈≈≈

Jencullok Turflifter stood in front of the cliff-face. That was an awful lot of turf to lift. The rest of his party were just catching up, time to get to work...

Xotes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 07, 2008, 12:00:00 pm »

Xotes takes off his backpack and rummages through it, pulling out a miniature Iron  
Man. He places it on the table. "Go forth, and conquer the woods, my friend."
code:

▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂▲▲▲▲ ⌂└──┬┘..!◘♣..~~.

Dark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 07, 2008, 12:05:00 pm »

(OOC: this is a rather important rule im making for settlement placement- your settlements are basically what their surroundings are. If you build a settlment on a forest tile, but that forest tile is surrounded by plains tiles, the settlement is considered 'on da plains'. Take this into consideration when building on the edges of forests, lakes, etc.)

Xotes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 07, 2008, 12:08:00 pm »

(Ah, I see... So, do we take turns, or something?)

Fenrir

« Reply #42 on: February 07, 2008, 12:23:00 pm »

(OOC:If we take turns, this thread will die due to absent players. Maybe we ought to define "sessions" that take place at a certain time. Unfortunately we could be from different time zones.)

[ February 07, 2008: Message edited by: Fenrir ]

Dark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 07, 2008, 12:25:00 pm »

(OOC: Il let Fenrir decide. Btw just to confirm that units do not compromise a tile, so if you place an army on a forest tile, it is considered partially hidden and the tile still acts as a forest tile for any surrounding settlements.

More rules!: settlement bonuses. Settlement placement can give certain realistic bonuses, il go through all the current settlements as examples, these are pretty obious but just to make them official.

The Aegian citadel has a lake tile in each of the four directions (Diagonals matter, however special tiles always gain importance over others, for example a lake on a plain. The lake that in shape is a + will be considered circular and the center tile cannot be accessed.) therefore it is safe from any non-flying or non-swimming races. If it grows bigger rather than seperating into smaller settlements, then this will change.

The werewolf den is considered 'invisible' but reachable. Because its so far into the large forest it cannot be seen by any race except flying races. Forests offer cover but lakes do not and the den is considered 'on the shore of a lake'. Since the trees surrounding the lake block visibility it cannot be seen from the ground. The only way for ground races to find the den is to build settlements in the forest, which may be hard because the werewolves are 'dominant' of the area.

The ironman lair is considered partially visible, it gains a small hidden bonus but since diagonals count it can be found and attacked if searched for.

The dwarven fortress gains no hidden bonus, however it does get a large defense bonus against plains races, due to only 2 plains tiles bordering it. It only gains a moderate bonus against mountain races because they can better traverse 'rocky hills'. It gains no bonus against water races that attack from the lake.

The kobold fortress is considered fully hidden by all but flying races and gains a maximum defence bonus against all races except flying and mountain, however mountain races are still affected by a high defense bonus. But a problem for Armok is, the whole area is little more than a rocky wasteland in terms of life. This means food problems, just like in DF.  :D

(OOC: im skipping my turn cause I need to go play with some friends.)

Xotes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 07, 2008, 12:32:00 pm »

(I see. Have fun, then.)

Xotes moves the Iron Man west one tile.

The Iron Man Kadol Quicknessrushed surveys the surrounding area for suitable settlement positions.

code:
▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂▲▲▲▲ ⌂└──┬┘.!♣◘♣..~~.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 22