Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Syndrome survival side-effect  (Read 14288 times)

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
Re: Syndrome survival side-effect
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2010, 11:03:33 pm »

[NOPAIN] no gain.

I lol'd

The only thing that stayed for all dwarves except the wounds is the rotten liver. Poor sods. Still doesn't stop them to get drunk all the time... :D

Obviously, the alcohol is pickling the liver faster than it rots, thus allowing time for more liver to grow.

Yes, dwarves have regenerating livers. That's how they handle the wide assortment of vile substances that enter their bodies.

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2010, 12:19:32 pm »

So now the new gold standard of military personnel is a pain-immune scar-covered dwarf (do scars improve the capabilities of skin as armor?) who "just doesn't care about anything anymore" and is shy such a significant portion of their anatomy that they move faster?

If ever we get the chance to designate surgical operations on healthy dwarves, Armok help the goblins. Of course, by "help" i mean "kill before they fall apart blubbering on seeing the perfect military dwarf".

Biag

• Bay Watcher
  • Huzzah!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2010, 12:32:08 pm »

Yes, dwarves have regenerating livers. That's how they handle the wide assortment of vile substances that enter their bodies.

Humans also have regenerating livers. "As little as 25% of a liver can regenerate into a whole liver." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liver#Regeneration

Nay, nay, stay your tongues. The ultimate dwarven soldier is magma.

MaDeR Levap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2010, 04:35:28 pm »

I guess the infection had some kind of queen in the upper lip and once that it was removed the rest of the infection died.
Or it is just another bug that removes all rot info after one operation that was supposed to remove only one rotten part.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2010, 10:31:58 pm »

Humans also have regenerating livers. "As little as 25% of a liver can regenerate into a whole liver." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liver#Regeneration

Nay, nay, stay your tongues. The ultimate dwarven soldier is magma.

So it does; I bow before your superior knowledge of livers.

And if the ultimate dwarven soldier is magma, does that mean that Magma Men are some kind of insane raging legendary soldiers? Insane and raging because they now cause booze to evaporate, of course.

...man, Now I want to play a Magma Man civ

The Doctor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2010, 06:09:01 pm »

Go ahead, it's just a hope, a skip, and a jump into the RAWs. :P

Emily

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2010, 07:08:58 pm »

Actually I think they'd cause booze to explode.

Anyway, a dwarven liver is 1.5 times the size of a human liver proportional to the rest of their body, according to the raws.

Anyway, the easiest (and probably simplistic and mild problem causing, but whatever) way to play a magma man civ is to change [CREATURE:DWARF] under [ENTITY:MOUNTAIN] to [CREATURE:ELEMENTMAN_MAGMA]

...it might lead to problems with said exploding booze though.

BurningLed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2010, 07:25:12 pm »

Actually I think they'd cause booze to explode.

Just a quick jump into the raws later, we set all wood's ignition temperature to 15000 U.  Of course, I don't know if that would actually keep the contained booze from exploding, but it might.
IIRC, 'overkill' is not a concept that exists in the dwarven psyche.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2010, 07:26:29 pm »

Set the booze's boiling point to 15000 U.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Nightscar982

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 19, 2010, 11:41:40 pm »

booze that wont ignite under normal (as in magmery) temperatures, there goes the hope of booze hand grenades  :D
In all things you were. In nothing you become.

lolghurt

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:failures]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2010, 08:36:18 am »

booze that wont ignite under normal (as in magmery) temperatures, there goes the hope of booze hand grenades  :D
You vile elf, wasting booze like that!
Quote from: acetech09 date=1343968486
It's probably made from baby bone, with a handle of baby leather. Probably uses the leg bones wound together for the handle, the pelvis for the handle/pick joint, and the pick is the spine.

But that's all in theory, of course. Not like I've made a pick out of my own 5 month old baby before.

TheyTarget

• Bay Watcher
  • Memento Mori
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2010, 09:54:32 am »

He could have only been cooler if he was stitched back together with adamantine. If he has no fat left, wouldn't he be immune to fire, and as such, could fight in lava up to his knees? I could just imagine that, an eyeless dwarf, all sowed up with adamantine, in full armor, with a battle axe standing in a pool of lava just waiting for the goblins to try.
Code: [Select]
This is a platinum warhammer. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. it menaces with spikes of platinum.
there is an image of the goblin Utes Gozrusrozsnus and dwarves in elf bone. The goblin is making a plaintive gesture. the dwarves are striking a menacing pose.
this image relates to the slaying of Utes Gozrusroz

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 20, 2010, 11:52:56 am »

So now the new gold standard of military personnel is a pain-immune scar-covered dwarf (do scars improve the capabilities of skin as armor?)

jugeing from my Adventurers no scars dont thicken up the skin much, it may just be that lack of keloidal scars.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Zodel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 19, 2010, 09:22:29 am »

He could have only been cooler if he was stitched back together with adamantine. If he has no fat left, wouldn't he be immune to fire, and as such, could fight in lava up to his knees? I could just imagine that, an eyeless dwarf, all sowed up with adamantine, in full armor, with a battle axe standing in a pool of lava just waiting for the goblins to try.

I think the Goblins would flee. Very fast. Into the nearest forgotten beast. Simply because it'd be easier.

Tyrs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 19, 2010, 07:03:14 pm »

This seems to be all that ever happens to my dwarves. Every FB has this effect, and the surgery almost never fails, so I'm up to where my surgery removed eyeballs should be in scarred badass dwaves.

In my experience though they tend to stand around a lot more, even if the enemy is only a couple of tiles away. So if a gobo is chasing some kid down the hall and the blind soldier is never targeted, they run right past each other.
Pages: 1 [2] 3