Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: LP ToEE (LOCKED)  (Read 14962 times)

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile

I'd do some questing in town before heading out anywhere dangerous. Even if it won't be enough to level up (just look at Nero, 4 hp, one stray arrow and we have dead sorcerer) some extra gold should come in handy.

He won't die. The most damage an arrow can do is, I believe 8 if shot from a longbow. And you'll have to take 13-14hp damage in total to be oneshotted.

That said, this is a ridiculously brutal game, where the RNG hates you at early levels. Good thing you have a cleric.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Oh god, how I love ToEE. Maybe I should play it again :P.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile

I'd do some questing in town before heading out anywhere dangerous. Even if it won't be enough to level up (just look at Nero, 4 hp, one stray arrow and we have dead sorcerer) some extra gold should come in handy.

He won't die. The most damage an arrow can do is, I believe 8 if shot from a longbow. And you'll have to take 13-14hp damage in total to be oneshotted.

That said, this is a ridiculously brutal game, where the RNG hates you at early levels. Good thing you have a cleric.
Like the original baulders gate?
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

janekk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah yeah negative hp. Still when lying in pool of his own blood he won't be very helpful and you'd need good amount of heals to get him back on feet after every fight involving ranged weapons.
Oh god, how I love ToEE. Maybe I should play it again :P.
I know I will.

Uhh... original spelling on this one and TOEE is much more brutal and unforgiving. Baldurs wasn't bad in that aspect only thing that really ever bothered me was that mage at that inn I-forgot-how-named and his mirror images.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile

Yeah, that mage that is either lv 1 and has a horror scroll or a level 3 mage that has a horror spell memorised, probably the lv 3 mage at 1st level. Ouch. 2d4+2. Also I am sorry for the spelling. And its the friendly arm inn, south of the ankegs.
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile

Much worse. The only thing keeping your characters alive in this game at early levels is the -10 HP before death rule, which an Ogre or any strong low-level enemy could total easily.
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

I was not far in the original BG, but I explored BG2 from top to bottom. I always want to try that mod which combines BG, BG2:SoA and BG2:ToB into 1 game, but I always lack time... Anyway, in BG2 dual class mage/kensai was able to solo most of the enemies, well maybe except for dragons where it needed some cleric buffs. So BG2 was easy for me. But it must be the fact that you start at quite a high level.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile

Yeah. Starting at first level is alot easier to die. But you do manage to pick more stuff up.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

After the first couple combat encounters, we had 4/6 characters unconscious by the end, and we only survived because two of the enemy were Charmed. This is going to be Fun.

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile

Really? I can't wait to read all about it.

Oh wait, I can wait. I just don't want to, even though I have to.
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

janekk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

After the first couple combat encounters, we had 4/6 characters unconscious by the end, and we only survived because two of the enemy were Charmed. This is going to be Fun.
Pics or didn't happen  ;D.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Chapter 1-3:
Ambushed!

After some discussion, the party decides to spend some time looking for work around town. With no contacts other than the monk Turuko (whom Lassiter still hadn't mentioned to his companions), there was little work to be had. However, they did catch word of a wizard named Burne, who lives in a tower on the east side of town. He was the best person anyone in town could think of for work for adventurers. Not wanting to get into another binding obligation, however, Lassiter persuades the rest of the group to check into the Moathouse first. When they'd built up a reputation around town, people like Burne would trust them with better work.

Thus, the party embarks for the Moathouse a few hours after noon, following the road east through lightly forested hills. After a few hours of quiet travel, the party reaches a denser woodland, dotted with ponds and marshland. The road narrows to become a trail, winding around old trees, with a great canopy of leaves hanging overhead, and strange bird calls echoing around them. As they trek deeper, the afternoon wears on into evening, and the sun begins to set.

As the path begins to curve north, Kelvyn pauses, holding up his hand.

Hold it. Goblin band ahead, with two big'uns. They're coming up the road, and it don't look like they seen us.
Good, let's get off the road and behind these trees. We'll set an ambush.

The party hurries around, crouching at the roots of a great tree. Soon enough a band of 5 Goblins rounds the corner, followed by 2 Hobgoblins who look better equipped.

*quietly* Here they come. Follow my lea...
Hraaaaaaaugh!

With a cry, Riv hurdles over the roots and charges, bringing his greataxe down on the first Goblin unfortunate enough to be in front of him. It goes down with a yelp, and the Hobgoblins draw their swords, barking guttural orders.

Nine hells... Cormac, take front! Nero, fan out with Kelvyn. Tylee, with me. Time to prove your worth, boys and girls!

The battle joined, Riv and Cormac pair off with the Hobgoblins, swinging and dodging. A goblin with a rusty hatchet runs wide, trying to flank them, but Tylee stands in his way. Uttering a dark prayer, she clubs him once in the gut, and then cracks him over the head with her mace.

Death comes for you, Goblin filth!

The four other goblins dash towards Kelvyn and Nero, knives and swords held high. As they draw close, Kelvyn whistles, and a lone Wolf leaps from the shadows, snarling and snapping at the advancing Goblins. Nero fires at them with his crossbow, but the bolt sails off into the underbrush. The goblins surround the wolf, and begin to slash at its face and legs. Before long, they've overrun it, and it collapses with a whimper.

Aid! We require aid!

With a grunt, Riv whirls away from the Hobgoblin he was fighting. Spinning with his greataxe outstretched, the Barbarian slices clean through one goblin, and mortally wounds the next. A spray of greenish blood arcs with the axe, splattering on a nearby boulder.

Th- thanks!
Weaklings.
What do you mean... behind you! *Exuro! Mano! Incendias!*

Backstepping from the goblin advance, Nero raises his hands, and a fan of flames burst forth from his fingertips, immolating the Hobgoblin Riv had been fighting, and scorching the two remaining Goblins. As they yelp and try to put out the flames, Kelvyn closes the distance between them, dispatching them with his Scimitar

*grunts* Some weaker than others.

Across the battlefield, Cormac still duels with the last Hobgoblin. Cormac lunges, trying to sweep his chain around his opponent's ankles, but misses, fouling his chain on a roadside sapling. With a roar, the Hobgoblin thrusts his longsword, piercing into Cormac's scale armor with a metallic crunch. Lassiter turns to see the Hobgoblin pull the sword from the wound, the tip stained red with fresh blood.

Tylee, get over here, Cormac's wounded!
*grimacing* I'm fine, but I need this greenblood to hold still!
I'm on it. Just keep him occupied!

Gritting his teeth, Cormac pulls his chain free, and whirls like a dervish, the spiked weight on his chain clanging against the Hobgoblin's shield time and again. As the Hobgoblin backsteps under the assault, Lassiter leaps forward, tumbling around his feet to flank him. Before he can react, the Dwarf plunges his shortsword into his back, and he collapses with a howl.

Gods, do I love sneak attacks.

Spoiler: Spoils of Battle (click to show/hide)
===>
« Last Edit: August 19, 2011, 03:30:54 am by Solifuge »

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile

Man, at least you're updating yours. I'm still trying to find a way to get mine to work properly.

skaltum

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAW!
    • View Profile

Arise from your grave
I just realized, after adding the new body parts to the other races, that I have an entire squad of dwarves with a shield in each hand and swinging their axes with their penises. There's nightmare fuel for those goblins, in more ways than one.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

*Solifuge applies a thread-defibrillator*

Arise thread, arise! Now that ToEE is installed on the new compy, I'm going to be continuing with the long-delayed adventures of Lassiter and company! Huzzah!

We're going to try and hold on to the current party for a while, but since this is still a high-mortality Ironman run, we'll be looking for new blood soon. If you have a character idea to add to the crew, I'll do my best to fit them in as soon as possible. We can easily change up the party from expedition to expedition if we have too many members, so feel free to submit characters! Also, I've decided that the longer a character survives, the larger their role in the narrative, and the more characterization they get; feel free to include some traits, quirks, or hooks for me to use for your character's subplots!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4