Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: gay dwarfs?  (Read 5293 times)

tps12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
gay dwarfs?
« on: August 26, 2010, 02:03:26 pm »

I was thinking it might be possible to make some percentage of dwarves gay or bisexual.

I don't think there's anything in the game allowing for adoption, and AFAIK reproduction of sentient creatures is only via marriage, but would it at least be possible to add some castes so you'd see the occaisional same-sex couple, who might not reproduce but would get married or be listed as lovers?

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
Re: gay dwarfs?
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2010, 02:29:21 pm »

I was thinking it might be possible to make some percentage of dwarves gay or bisexual.

I don't think there's anything in the game allowing for adoption, and AFAIK reproduction of sentient creatures is only via marriage, but would it at least be possible to add some castes so you'd see the occaisional same-sex couple, who might not reproduce but would get married or be listed as lovers?
siveak is working on race changing in his runesmith but due to an error this leaves men or women with bodies changed but preference the same... so you get Female Male dwarfs who will hook up with Male Female dwarfs or Female Female dwarfs and vice versa.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Jayce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2010, 02:34:38 pm »

Why because your gay you demand gay dwarfs?,plus i suspect there already are gay dwarfs,ones that like to consume he and she and never bare offspring.

tps12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2010, 02:35:43 pm »

Nobody should bare their offspring, at least not in public.

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2010, 02:39:27 pm »

It'll be only possible if Toady makes it possible. The creatures in the raws have no sexual preferences.
You could try making a dwarf caste with wanted personality traits, like very outgoing, and like parties, and whatnot.
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2010, 04:26:41 pm »

Or you can make a female caste with male names and beards. Oh wait, you can't differentiate names, and that popular "bearded woman" modding affection... They just want to mod in homosexual dwarves, I get it now.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository