Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should i add dinosaurs from other periods?

Yeah sure
Nah keep it in the period
Nah put in aliens
NAHAAAR PUTZ IN DA TIME TRAVELIN OCTOPUS
mythical creatures
dont care

Author Topic: YOUR A SENTEINT DINOSAUR YAY \o/  (Read 1212 times)

powpow

• Bay Watcher
  • (UTC+10:00) Canberra, Melbourne, Sydney
    • View Profile
YOUR A SENTEINT DINOSAUR YAY \o/
« on: June 08, 2011, 03:15:46 am »

you're a dinosaur
what dinosaur are you?
what period are you in?

first time making a topic.. sooooo using this as practice
« Last Edit: June 08, 2011, 10:10:03 pm by powpow »

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
Re: YOU ARE A DINOSAUR updates when i feel like it
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2011, 03:20:12 am »

Coelophysis in the triassic.

powpow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: YOU ARE A DINOSAUR (WARNING NOT HISTORICALLY ACCURATE
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2011, 04:21:00 am »

you're a adult Coelophysis a slim and agile dinosaur standing around 3m Tall!
It is the triassic period a normally dry and hot time for living

As you crawl off your mound which is your home you take in your surroundings : a small group of Clevosaurs (you loath them by the way because for some reason you just hate them alot) playing in the distance, the morning sun thats just risen above the horizon and and a dry and dusty expanse for kilometres around you with a few clusters of plant life here and there.

And you feel sort of sick of it all actually. The dirt, dry air , hot sun, those stupid Clevosaurs and their annoying games and endless partying.
But most of all you're sick of the same old you and relise you haven't really done much with your life anyway, the same old routine of waking up and kiling off some of those bastard clevosaurs (who buy the way think of you as a great way to past the time using you as some sort of way to get the adrenaline pumping), cleaning up your sorry excuse for a home, sleep and begin it all again the next day, sometimes crawling up to that log you affectionally call betty for some alone time, but you dont do it much any more cause the last time you were with her she gave you splinters and it took weeks to get them out.

You need a change from all that and  feel that change should happen now, its not like you have anything else to do, you know that Betty probably wont notice you anyway because of that new shrub that’s popped up and they've become best buds instantly.
Maybe an adventure of some sorts but where to go?
The north pole with there lush forest and tropical climate?
Maybe to the hot springs east of here near the volcanoes where dinosaurs such as yourself can relax
or maybe go to the west and tour the great fossils of the past and maybe check out what your ancestors looked like back then
your not sure what there is to the south  but you are sure that it is much better then what is around here.

Which direction should you head?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(since we don''t know the habits of dinosaurs and it is probably impossible for me to endlessly look up data on dinosaurs that lived in those times and their mental capacities I have taken a different approach)
plus this took me 30 min to write so i want opinoins if possible and constructive help
« Last Edit: June 08, 2011, 04:31:24 am by powpow »

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
Re: May kill this cause it doesnt make sense
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2011, 07:25:58 am »

South.  If you already know what lies in the other directions, then it will be less of an adventure. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

powpow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: YOUR A SENTEINT DINOSAUR YAY \o/
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2011, 10:12:46 pm »

yerp name change well write a journey soon

also if anyone wants to make up their own dinosaurs and give a brief description about it you can and ill try to put them in to the story cause maybe itll be easier then me trying to research more dinos because the arn't that are very detailed from i can find.

NewsMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2011, 10:36:16 pm »

There were actually not that many types of actual dinosaurs in the Triassic Period. Dinosaurs didn't become wide spread until the early-mid Jurassic.
In fact, there were only 59 species of confirmed dinosaurs, compared to the thousand or so in the Jurassic and Cretaceous.
In the Triassic, the world was more populated by large lizards with their legs not directly underneath them, opposite of the dinosaurs.

But yes, go south, to adventure.

powpow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2011, 11:04:11 pm »

To the south it seems would be the best place for a journey because you already know about what is to the other directions, although the hot spring would have been nice....
you decide to pack your things.. if you had any.....in fact your not really sure what you need to pack anyways. Rock? Plenty of them around, besides if anything comes around your sure your agile frame well give you the advantage you need. You say goodbye to Betty and she doesn't seem to mind you going of course because. Well. You haven't really talk to each other for a while an she just assumed the relationship was just causal. You sigh, you relies that that your a really lonely guy and that it probably wouldn't of worked out anyway you think to your self as you head south.

As you start walking one of the Clevosaurs comes up to you and you recognize who it is, Patrick. Patrick is properly the only thing you could consider as a friend. And by friend you mean that he was one of the only on of the Clevosaurs that didn't give you trouble. Although he does have an annoying way of speaking too fast
“heymanwhereyougoin?” Patrick asks speedily
“nowhere special just feel like a lifestyle change would do me some good.” you answer
“reallyawsomecoolmanthatseemsgreat.ivealwayswonderedwhatthereisaroundherbutneverreallythoughtabout,butheydoyoumindificomealong?”

should he?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
yeah just stretching it abit as I am going trough brainstorming ideas of what we'll come across

plus dino ideas are welcome if you have any idea of your own dino plus post your idea
« Last Edit: June 08, 2011, 11:07:02 pm by powpow »

powpow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2011, 11:08:33 pm »

just relised our dinosaur doesn't have a name yet
 :P
soo any names are welcome

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2011, 11:30:29 pm »

Cole.  Yes, I know it sounds unoriginal and dumb, but I can't think of anything else.  As for your fast talking "friend", I say you eat him.  He will probably end up dying anyway, might as well fill your belly. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.