Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 25

Author Topic: Masters of magic.  (Read 27384 times)

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
Re: Masters of magic.
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2010, 06:47:56 pm »

I think that's the case, but if you don't know what a word does... :P
Exactly. If you're not careful it would be a good way to get yourself killed.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2010, 07:11:36 pm »

When does this start? Also, when will you tell the players what their spells do.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2010, 07:23:25 pm »

Name: Averos
Spells
rom|fa|pan
da-ka|fa-sap|haz
nil|ker-sap|pan
da|om|haz
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2010, 07:35:26 pm »

Your Averos gets five spells; add one.
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2010, 07:59:41 pm »

When does this start? Also, when will you tell the players what their spells do.
It'll probably start in a day or so. I'm PMing everyone their spells as I finish them.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2010, 08:02:58 pm »

I will get these down while I remember them...
flam|plas|orch
eta|loit|eetr
ort|ecro|ide
ort(orch)|ort(plas)|ecro
eetr(loit)|loit|ide
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2010, 08:25:27 pm »

It'll probably start in a day or so. I'm PMing everyone their spells as I finish them.
Do you already have the full dictionary planned? Do you have the purported other styles planned? How will more words be discovered, and how will we know where they go in the phrasing?

Also, if you have a set up like this:

Fire|Move|King
Which would move fire to the king. ;)
Could you do this?
King|Move|Self
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2010, 08:30:49 pm »

Do you already have the full dictionary planned? Do you have the purported other styles planned? How will more words be discovered, and how will we know where they go in the phrasing?
No, no though I have some half-formed, and that's for you to find out.

Also, if you have a set up like this:

Fire|Move|King
Which would move fire to the king. ;)
Could you do this?
King|Move|Self
See rule 2. Though the syntax is a bit more complex(and inexact) than that.

Hugehead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2010, 08:36:53 pm »

Expect me to be dead within three or four turns.
We're Bay12er's. If there is a bug, we will find it, exploit it, and make a recursive statue out of it. Just look up Planepacked.
When a dwarf enters a martial trance, they become Jedi. Short, drunken Jedi.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2010, 08:38:49 pm »

May we state our turns after receiving our spells, or would you rather have us wait?

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2010, 08:44:36 pm »

May we state our turns after receiving our spells, or would you rather have us wait?
Doesn't really matter. Post now or later, either way.

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2010, 08:53:43 pm »

So no further prompt of the general area or where we are?

Also, you seem to have made a mistake; this "The spelling of each word means nothing." isn't true.
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2010, 09:17:14 pm »

So no further prompt of the general area or where we are?
Nope, mage trainees are not allowed to leave the Academy(which, to be fair, is massive and has anythign they might need inside) until their training is complete, so you don't know much about the surroundings. You wouldn't have a hard time finding villages or such in the area, but if you want more detailed information about the area outside you'll have to ask around.

Also, you seem to have made a mistake; this "The spelling of each word means nothing." isn't true.
Silence. It means very little at least... usually.

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2010, 09:27:16 pm »

I'm tempted to put even my actions in PMs, but that would likely make for a duller thread. It will only be the things others can observe.

Spoiler: Postpone (click to show/hide)

Whoops.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2010, 09:43:20 pm by Nivm »

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 27, 2010, 09:59:50 pm »

I'll get it out of the way. First turn this game is awesome. I've already got a bunch of theories typed down.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 25