Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 25

Author Topic: Masters of magic.  (Read 27372 times)

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
Re: Masters of magic.
« Reply #150 on: September 16, 2010, 06:47:53 pm »

I reserch.

Edit: I also sugest that the new words are added to the OP, and that some sumary of the stuff we've lerned so far is included in the PMs we get.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2010, 06:52:19 pm by Armok »
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: September 16, 2010, 06:54:10 pm »

This better apply globally... If not it means nothing!
It does.

You have all just graduated as full-fledged mages, and the Academy will be kicking you out in 2 turns. After that you will need to find a more permanent residence.
Does this imply that we'll need to find a new lab to continue our studies? Or is studying magic effects simple enough to let us do it out in the woods? (Where the chances of blowing someone up are minimal).
While you can research without a home, it's obviously a bit tougher. Only two spells per turn... presumably your remaining time is spent SURVIVING.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: September 16, 2010, 07:10:32 pm »

While you can research without a home, it's obviously a bit tougher. Only two spells per turn... presumably your remaining time is spent SURVIVING.
What do we need to survive? Would a hypothetical Summon Flying Fortress spell cast in the wilderness allow three research/turn?
If we need food, then would simply knowing a hypothetical Summon Food spell work?
How about thieves? Do they interrupt our research if we know the hypothetical Power Word: Eternity of Torment spell?
Or ... Apprentices? Can we train swarms of apprentices to Power Word: Mild Annoyance the thieves for us?

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: September 16, 2010, 08:45:56 pm »

You'll need shelter of some sort and a food source. Doesn't matter how you get them.

I would recommend using this time to research, then adventuring for a bit to try and get some money/magic stuff.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: September 17, 2010, 02:34:05 am »

I research then. I really liked that mausoleum and that cave was so promising... even if I needed to clean it out first.
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

Virex

• Bay Watcher
  • Subjects interest attracted. Annalyses pending...
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: September 17, 2010, 09:56:50 am »

I shall research!

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: September 17, 2010, 04:13:18 pm »

umm, to the researchmobile!
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: September 17, 2010, 04:47:59 pm »

Turn 1: The mages all study. How exciting!

1 turn til everyone gets kicked out!

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: September 17, 2010, 05:01:52 pm »

Continue my research! I must have Power Word: Eternity of Torment!

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: September 17, 2010, 06:29:32 pm »

I study!

Also, did you mis my previus sugestions abaut updating the OP and the like?
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: September 17, 2010, 06:41:18 pm »

Also, did you miss my previous suggestions about updating the OP and the like?
Hmm?

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: September 17, 2010, 08:13:43 pm »

I also sugest that the new words are added to the OP, and that some sumary of the stuff we've lerned so far is included in the PMs we get.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: September 17, 2010, 08:32:29 pm »

[.....] that some sumary of the stuff we've lerned so far is included in the PMs we get.
I disagree with this. Dragnar would have to put more time and effort into turns, which equates to less turns per week, when it's easy to just copy-paste whatever spells he sends us into a text document.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: September 17, 2010, 10:32:20 pm »

The public new words we have now would be nice, although I have already PMed them to myself... Although additional words could be discovered that would be secret, and not printed on the thread, so we need some sort of private record keeping anyway...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: September 18, 2010, 06:10:57 am »

It looks like everyone is researching again. Also, doesn't everyone have text documents open for record keeping and gratuitous notes?
 For public information; I'm still alive! This fact astonishes me every time it happens. Heh, even outside of the game too.
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 25