Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 25

Author Topic: Masters of magic.  (Read 27304 times)

Virex

• Bay Watcher
  • Subjects interest attracted. Annalyses pending...
    • View Profile
Re: Masters of magic.
« Reply #165 on: September 18, 2010, 11:54:46 am »

Yeah it seems everyone's just investigating stuff and so am I.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: September 18, 2010, 04:09:21 pm »

Well we get a bonus to investigation for the first two turns, and have much to investigate. It is really the only logical course of action...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
Re: Masters of piracy!
« Reply #167 on: September 19, 2010, 11:32:56 am »

Yarr! Begone ye lubbers! The academy won't house yer sorry hides no longer!

All yonder mages be studying. A waste! Ye should be off plunderin' an lootin'! Get to ye adventurin' or soon ye be walkin' the plank!
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: September 19, 2010, 04:03:43 pm »

What? But my tuition is paid up for another month at least.

Ah, no, no need to get the guards. Fine, I'll go.

Lousy money-grubbing, lying, cheating ...

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: September 19, 2010, 07:23:45 pm »

Gather information.
I will travel around the local farmsteads(or homeless folk if we are in a big city) and ominously ask about the hazards that they face and the information that they would offer to someone who helps with them.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

techno65535

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: September 19, 2010, 09:13:42 pm »

"What? What do you mean I can't stay here? I only caused one trainee's head to explode. What? What do you mean one was enough? There's got to be at least a hundred trainees here, one isn't going to hurt anything... Alright alright, I 'll go. Sheesh, no need to call the guards."

Igniarli heads off into the woods to find a river to set up camp next to.
... while being chased by axe-welding cats in the dark.
Scratch that, throwing-axe-wielding cats in the dark.
They're cute but my god that's terrifying.
GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Virex

• Bay Watcher
  • Subjects interest attracted. Annalyses pending...
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: September 20, 2010, 10:52:37 am »

"So it's over then? They didn't read the petition?"
"Tore it apart you say?"
"Well, then I think there's little else left to do. I'll write you as soon as I've taken up residence. You'll know where to find me."

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: September 20, 2010, 12:57:46 pm »

Croix leaves the academy before he is even asked: he knew quite well that the academy would find reasons to evict those who had finished their education. They wouldn't need to make up a reason for him.
 He teams up with or ghosts Ramir', depending on which one will get more information...PM.
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: September 21, 2010, 08:46:02 pm »

Before everyone leaves, Igniarli and Ramirez are seen working together, trading their magical knowledge. They soon part though, and you can all sense that they were not significantly weakened by the trade, the knowledge taught too minor too make them too vulnerable.

The students then spread out, mostly heading for the village a couple miles away from the Academy, though Krazongol and Igniarli head out into the wilderness.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: September 21, 2010, 08:59:43 pm »

How do multiple spells per turn and/or magical exertion work? I could pull some zany stuff with tri-(or even dual-)spells, but it wouldn't really be worth it if it would leave me comatose.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: September 21, 2010, 09:13:58 pm »

How do multiple spells per turn and/or magical exertion work? I could pull some zany stuff with tri-(or even dual-)spells, but it wouldn't really be worth it if it would leave me comatose.
It depends, you can increase or decrease the effect of any spell by changing how much energy you put into it. So while you can cast as many spells as you like, you will either have to make them all very weak or end up passing out once you were done.

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: September 21, 2010, 09:35:40 pm »

I will be zapping things with magic all over the village.
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: September 21, 2010, 09:40:06 pm »

Your cryptic goals confuse me.

It depends, you can increase or decrease the effect of any spell by changing how much energy you put into it. So while you can cast as many spells as you like, you will either have to make them all very weak or end up passing out once you were done.
Thanks for clarifying.

techno65535

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: September 22, 2010, 03:25:09 am »

Igniarli continues doing what he had been doing the previous day. Putting on the finishing touches.

P.S. Can we get an updated first post?
... while being chased by axe-welding cats in the dark.
Scratch that, throwing-axe-wielding cats in the dark.
They're cute but my god that's terrifying.
GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: September 22, 2010, 06:38:22 am »

Watching/Waiting list/Late Joining...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 25