Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9

Author Topic: Apparently the Fanfic thread  (Read 42745 times)

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
Re: Apparently the Fanfic thread
« Reply #60 on: September 21, 2010, 08:03:04 pm »

I laughed at the change in the thread title.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

SirBayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Riflepenguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 21, 2010, 08:04:31 pm »

We are all hilariously awesome.

Just wanted to say. Almost done here.
Dude, you don't want to be messing around with imperial assloads.  The conversion rate to horseloads is atrocious.
Rules are for suckers.

SirBayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Riflepenguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 21, 2010, 08:11:06 pm »

Well then, Webadict, I guess you could consider mine the GOOD ending.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2010, 08:48:09 pm by SirBayer »
Dude, you don't want to be messing around with imperial assloads.  The conversion rate to horseloads is atrocious.
Rules are for suckers.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 21, 2010, 08:25:59 pm »

Yours would be an ending had there not been four bodies found on the boat. If you entirely retcon out the bodies part, or find a way to somehow fix that, then maybe it works, but pretty sure if any of that happened, it would be Vector hallucinating. Which I wouldn't put past her.

In fact, it could end with Pandarsenic being the one to comfort her. Turns out I was the dead one. But that leaves ToonyMan's death a complete mystery. Perhaps it's another element of Vector's craziness.

I'll say that my addition to the story is not to the end, but to the beginning, after Scatterbrain's Vector/Web backstory. It was actually a Bayer/Mafia backstory.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 21, 2010, 08:42:47 pm »

Ghost!Pandarsenic = win
:D
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

SirBayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Riflepenguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 21, 2010, 08:47:52 pm »

Yours would be an ending had there not been four bodies found on the boat. If you entirely retcon out the bodies part, or find a way to somehow fix that, then maybe it works, but pretty sure if any of that happened, it would be Vector hallucinating. Which I wouldn't put past her.

In fact, it could end with Pandarsenic being the one to comfort her. Turns out I was the dead one. But that leaves ToonyMan's death a complete mystery. Perhaps it's another element of Vector's craziness.

I'll say that my addition to the story is not to the end, but to the beginning, after Scatterbrain's Vector/Web backstory. It was actually a Bayer/Mafia backstory.

I was unaware that there were bodies found. Didn't specify, I checked the original thingy-ma-whatcher. I think this is a perfectly acceptable addition. I'm willing to ret-con for happy endings. >_>;

Also: Sorry, Vector. XD

Also: Fixing quotes now, leaving immediately.
Rules are for suckers.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 21, 2010, 08:48:42 pm »

Where did fanfic become involved with an absence thread? o.O Also, how did penguins become involved with all the masters' avatars?
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Temporary absence
« Reply #67 on: September 21, 2010, 08:52:20 pm »

I was unaware that there were bodies found. Didn't specify, I checked the original thingy-ma-whatcher. I think this is a perfectly acceptable addition. I'm willing to ret-con for happy endings. >_>;

Vector arrives at her sister's house with the help of ToonyMan. There she is comforted by her family and given medical attention.
But something is amiss. The ship is abandoned at the docks after ToonyMan had anchored it. On board four bodies are found. Webadict is missing. So is the cargo. ToonyMan has taken it. He was planning the heist by himself the entire time.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 21, 2010, 09:01:51 pm »

Also, how did penguins become involved with all the masters' avatars?
I laughed.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 21, 2010, 09:47:24 pm »

Also, how did penguins become involved with all the masters' avatars?
It's a long story dating back to a short-lived MSPaint series drawn up by inaluct known as Boxslayer. During this run, inaluct made himself a penguin avatar. Then, he made another penguin avatar for another player, penguinofhonor. The trifecta was complete when Org received the last of the true penguins.

Shortly thereafter, many penguin avatars popped up. It became a new fad. It lasted quite a while and even persists today through several players, including myself. It has since been very common to have a penguin avatar on these boards, especially within the Mafia subforum (Or Games forum altogether), as penguins represent a playful creature, much like a game.

But, happy endings are lame. Like I said, your best bet is the bittersweet ending of Vector being crazy and Pandarsenic still being alive. Or ToonyMan still being alive. One or the other.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 21, 2010, 10:17:37 pm »

Everybody Dies

Toony chewed on his napkin, this wasn't going well.

Dinner was suppose to be a delightful evening, but instead Pandarsenic was seen motionless on the ground.  His chair fallen back on the ground beside him.  Wine spilled all over his nice, once-clean, white bib.  Neighboring chairs' Webadict and Org rushed over to his side, but the poison had already finished its malevolent business.

There was banging at the front door.  Everyone except Webadict, Org, and Pandarsenic (understandably) dashed as fast as they could sprint to see who this visitor was.

Inaluct stood wide-eyed and surprised when nine people swung the huge wooden door back, almost causing him to tumble backwards.

Parcville was a town at the base of Mount Cosanostra, it was a plain town with a population in the thousand range.  Life was ordinary and that's what everybody there enjoyed.  Parcville had a reputation of being boring and difficult to find through maps, new faces were a sight to be seen.

Four days ago I received a letter in the mail by an anonymous sender, that would be a Friday I believe.  I would soon find out that eleven others would receive the same exact letter.  Straight down to the font and spacing.  At first I scoffed at the letter, "Anonymous letter?  Why would I open something from someone that didn't even have the decency to reveal their name?  The right thing to do would have been to throw that wretched letter in the fire, but I opened it.

Inside was a single piece of paper folded twice to fit the letter size.  I fetched my reading glasses from my coat pocket (it was winter) and casually read the first few words out loud before I focused all attention on it through my head.

My automobile was a piece of crap to be honest, but I had to follow the directions of that letter or I would've been screwed.

I should have expected my junkmobile to break down half way up the mountain, I still couldn't believe I was going through with this "Important meeting", what nonsense I thought, but...I had to go.  At the end of the letter was a piece of hair under a strip of adhesive tape right at the bottom.  It was my hair.  Blond and curly, they knew who I was somehow.

About fifteen minutes later a hatted man with a curly mustache came cruising by on his curved dash.  Seeing my predicament he pulled over beside me and tilted his hat forward as per greeting.

"Hello there!"  He said in the most casual manner.  "Heading up the mountain as well?  Hop in I've got plenty room!"  The young chummy man leaned to his side to open the door for me.

"Thank you."  I said, keeping my eyes at a slight angle away from him.

The ride wasn't much further, but oh boy did this guy love to talk.  I don't even remember what he spoke about, some young chick he saw or something.  I was too busy pondering why we were being told to drive up the mountain to the old abandoned cabin I recalled as a young boy.  There was a sharp pain in my ribcage suddenly, I turned and saw that we had stopped and the hatted man was jabbing my ribs!

"Excuse me, but I don't remember us ever exchanging names.."  I saw the old cabin in the corner of my eye for the first time, guess we reached our destination while I spaced out.

"Oh right, yes yes.  I'm SirBayer!"  He stuck a hand out, I shook it twice before forcibly letting go.  "ToonyMan."

SirBayer frowned for the first time I had seen him, "You got that letter too, right?  That's the only reason you would want to come up here..."  He trailed off.

I shook my head and showed him the letter I kept in my pocket (I took the tape and hair off obviously).  His eyes widened and he jammed his hand into his own pocket eagerly like saving two seconds would have been worth hurting his fingers.  Out he pulled a letter of his own with every detail identical except the name, there wasn't any sign of tape being pulled off or anything, I tried my best to be nonchalant about checking.

A silence befell us as SirBayer realized he should probably turn the car off now.  We exchanged glances a few times awkwardly.

"You think anybody else got this letter?"  He asked questionably.

The sun was starting to set as we entered the long abandoned cabin.  Or so we thought anyway.  Unsurprisingly the front door was unlocked.  I swore to God we would have a blizzard or similar that would keep us cooped up there, but that never happened thankfully, at least I thought having a blizzard would be the worst of our worries.  It wasn't.

After five minutes of looking through the suspiciously clean house, which wasn't surprising but was still suspicious non-the-less there was the sound of shouting from a oddly high-pitched voice from outside.  SirBayer and I went to the front door to discover two guys.

"Hey there!"  SirBayer shot a hand out to both individuals.  "I'm SirBayer and this is uh-ToonyMan!"

I waved my hand in a plain manner, I could see the other two felt my pain matched up with this foil.

The first one SirBayer shook hands with called themselves Dakarian and they must have been the one shouting because the voice was very similar.

The second man was less willing to talk, even after SirBayer shook hands with the well dressed man and asked him for his name.  Dakarian interrupted the interaction.

"SirBayer, this is Rysith.  He's mute so try to lay back with the questions."  Dakarian gives SirBayer a stern look.

"Oh, sorry..."  SirBayer frowns for a second time, he doesn't know what to say.

Suddenly a loud revving is heard  lower down the mountain and starts steadily growing louder as it gets closer (obviously).  The four men turn their focus towards the noise to see who the newcomers are.  A single light appears through the darkening sky as what can be made out as a two wheeled vehicle comes roaring up the mountain in an increasingly foreign way, which is an odd way to put it.

That's when I had a huge realization that in a five second period lasted five minutes.

I don't know any of these people.  In a town of a thousand I don't have the faintest idea who these three people are.  That couldn't be possible, I'm was going to have to do some questioning later.

Time restored back to normal, the biped vehicle had two passengers on board, both wearing some protection over their head and thick shiny jackets reflecting off the fainting sun.  The driver turns off the vehicle and takes their head protection off with a swish of their hair.  What I heard next was unexpected.

"Who the hell are you people and why was I told to come here?  You could all suck lemons for all I cared!"

to be continued

SirBayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Riflepenguin
    • View Profile
Re: Temporary absence
« Reply #71 on: September 21, 2010, 10:32:56 pm »

Vector arrives at her sister's house with the help of ToonyMan. There she is comforted by her family and given medical attention.
But something is amiss. The ship is abandoned at the docks after ToonyMan had anchored it. On board four bodies are found. Webadict is missing. So is the cargo. ToonyMan has taken it. He was planning the heist by himself the entire time.

Saw that, Webby :I

I still like happy endings, so unless someone has something that Pandarsenic approves of more, I'm considering this canon:

Rules are for suckers.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 21, 2010, 10:44:27 pm »

Why do we have a canon?  Whyyyy
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

SirBayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Riflepenguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 21, 2010, 10:45:58 pm »

Why do we have a canon?  Whyyyy

Because HELL YEAH.
Rules are for suckers.

Scatterbrain

• Bay Watcher
  • 'Oh PLEASE be my prisoner!'
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 22, 2010, 05:30:45 am »

collaborative fanfiction, hoooo!

all of this is so great :D
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9