Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9

Author Topic: Apparently the Fanfic thread  (Read 42009 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Temporary absence
« Reply #30 on: September 19, 2010, 10:21:18 pm »

And that takes care of the 'household abuse' problem.

We know who wears the pants.
She be one o' the toughest she-pirates aroun'. She'll gut ya fast'r 'n' ya c'n say, "yar!"

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 19, 2010, 10:24:05 pm »

I'd Keelhaul any son o' mutton who tried t' be hurlin' me overboard!
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 19, 2010, 10:29:45 pm »

I'd Keelhaul any son o' mutton who tried t' be hurlin' me overboard!
Ain't ya be talkin' 'bout me life par'ner, ye scalliwag? 'Ave at thee!

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 19, 2010, 11:22:05 pm »

The best defense is a good defenestration.

I'm not usually one for sigs. However, this is worth it. Also, you are all officially Nutters. Wear them badges with pride.

SirBayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Riflepenguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 19, 2010, 11:31:25 pm »

All of that was just sigged, FYI.

It will all be MSPainted when the time comes around.
Dude, you don't want to be messing around with imperial assloads.  The conversion rate to horseloads is atrocious.
Rules are for suckers.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 19, 2010, 11:56:02 pm »

What have I dooooone XD
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 20, 2010, 07:33:46 am »

Tha' be number 2 'n' 3 for me sigs. Th'late dakarian be holdin' the first. 'Tis a good day to be webadic'.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 20, 2010, 10:55:05 am »

Figured out the entire story:
Vector and Dak, married, chart a voyage on a merchant vessel trying to fill room.
Pandarsenic, another local, also fills another spot on board.
The three meet Webadict, captain of the boat before settling in, where they also meet Org, the first mate, and ToonyMan, cook/ship hand. The ship is rather dilapidated, but the fare is cheap and the captain both charismatic and knowledgeable.
Also on board is Mr.Person, a temporary ship hand for the voyage.
Character development during the first Day's journey: The ship sets sail carrying a high value cargo headed towards Pandarsenic's home. The couple is visiting for the marriage of Vector's sister, who happens to be marrying a relative of Pandarsenic's. ToonyMan turns out to be a lunatic, as well as constantly paranoid. Webadict assures the travelers he is harmless, as does Mr.Person, who has worked previously with the man. Org stumbles and is fairly incompetent. It is found that Org simply holds the title First Mate for surviving the longest. The boat also has a history, it has survived many a crash and even had a brief naval run in its past.
Night falls and a light storm hits the boat. It is hard to sleep.
The Day comes and Org is doesn't report to the captain. The crew searches the holds. He is found in the cargo bay, dead. He appears to have been crushed by some of the cargo.
Pandarsenic and Webadict search Org's quarters. They find plans to steal the cargo. Webadict tells the fellow to gather his crew.
The plans reveal what amounts to stealing the cargo in small amounts and selling it after landing. Org, being incompetent, seems to have had help. ToonyMan instinctively lashes out at everyone. He is suspected. The passengers decide to lock him up for their safety.
Webadict and Vector search ToonyMan's quarters. There he attempts to court the woman. She adamantly refuses.
Webadict finds and presents the plans to the passengers. ToonyMan suspects Webadict, claiming to have heard Org and the captain plotting previously (Org and ToonyMan's quarters are neighboring.) Webadict rubs off the comment as crazy and keeps him locked up.
The next morning, Mr.Person is found dead. Pandarsenic, having followed the captain the previous Night, saw the murder committed by Webadict. Webadict says the man is crazy and was bribed by ToonyMan. The married couple is confused.
Webadict smooth-talks his way past Pandarsenic and gets the murder blamed on him.
Pandarsenic removes a pistol and aims it at Webadict. He tries to convince the couple that it is the captain's fault, but while explaining, Webadict attacks him with a knife he had hidden, stabbing Pandarsenic in the throat. He drops the pistol. Webadict takes it and aims at Dakarian. Vector jumps in front of the bullet. Webadict is upset. His plans of sailing away with the woman shatter.
Webadict turns out to be the culprit. He was going to blame the theft on the first mate all along, but the accident mixed up the plans. He managed to snag some of the evidence in Org's quarters and place them in ToonyMan's. As he was crazy and paranoid, it appeared to be the perfect crime. Mr.Person, having known ToonyMan from before, attempted to find out for himself. He saw Webadict stealing some of the cargo. Webadict had no choice but to kill him.
Dakarian and Webadict fight. Dakarian manages to grab a chunk of wood and slashes Webadict in the face. However, he removes the knife from Pandarsenic's throat and stabs Dakarian in the heart. He appears to have won. He is suddenly shot by ToonyMan in the stomach.
While the two were fighting, Vector had managed to crawl to where ToonyMan is being held. She released him. He shows up just a moment after Dakarian is stabbed.
The ship makes landfall. Vector is torn apart by the loss of her husband and the murders. ToonyMan has managed to sail the boat almost singlehandedly.
Vector arrives at her sister's house with the help of ToonyMan. There she is comforted by her family and given medical attention.
But something is amiss. The ship is abandoned at the docks after ToonyMan had anchored it. On board four bodies are found. Webadict is missing. So is the cargo. ToonyMan has taken it. He was planning the heist by himself the entire time.
He lives a wealthy life style immediately afterward in a distant country for a while. He is found murdered after much of his money is stolen. He appears to have bleed out from being shot in his stomach.
Vector appears to have recovered from the ordeal. She lives with her sister and her husband. It is a rather grand place. She still misses the late Dakarian.
It is Night. She has another dream about the man. She awakes and sees a shadow in the room. "Dakarian?" she asks.
"No," says a rough voice. One that she has dreaded for a long time. She opens her mouth to scream as the man with the scarred face covers it.

SirBayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Riflepenguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 20, 2010, 11:55:48 am »

Haha. You thought this out way more than I did. Not much time to be around today, but when there is some I'll finish my version and then do yours.

MSPaint is fun and easy. :D
Dude, you don't want to be messing around with imperial assloads.  The conversion rate to horseloads is atrocious.
Rules are for suckers.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 20, 2010, 12:04:00 pm »

Haha. You thought this out way more than I did. Not much time to be around today, but when there is some I'll finish my version and then do yours.
Yes, but I'm missing character development on Dakarian and Vector. Or at least Dakarian, since Vector gets a little towards the end. Vector just needs more development towards the beginning. Perhaps pre-voyage, they'll have some interactions which'll help develop their characters and relationship as a whole.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 20, 2010, 01:47:09 pm »

That was really cool Webadict, except for me like, dying in an undignified way by some stranger.
Which was probably you Webadict, seeing as I was shot in the stomach just like when I did the same to you.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 20, 2010, 02:06:18 pm »

I couldn't very well let you get away.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 20, 2010, 02:08:33 pm »

ToonyMan (sk) has won the game~!

Scatterbrain

• Bay Watcher
  • 'Oh PLEASE be my prisoner!'
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 20, 2010, 02:59:48 pm »

Vector just needs more development towards the beginning. Perhaps pre-voyage, they'll have some interactions which'll help develop their characters and relationship as a whole.

Scatterbrain has claimed a writer's workshop!
Scatterbrain has begun a mysterious construction!

< got an idea in the shower. it's actually mostly done, but whatever. THE WORDS, THEY CALL TO ME D: >

Scatterbrain

• Bay Watcher
  • 'Oh PLEASE be my prisoner!'
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 20, 2010, 03:51:14 pm »

also this goes form past tense to present tense and back again like crazy. oh well D:
« Last Edit: September 22, 2010, 12:12:42 pm by Scatterbrain »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9