Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The Halo RPG  (Read 1743 times)

Jakob

• Bay Watcher
  • !!FABULOUS!!
    • View Profile
The Halo RPG
« on: August 21, 2011, 11:10:57 pm »

Hey Halo fans! I come from a website called the Yappa's Halo RPG. We have a long and rich history and are the most popular halo RP on the internet since 2007. We would love to have members, preferably those who are good at RPing and writing and even those who are not, to come and join in on the fun. We are always welcoming new people. Even if you do not want to RP in a Halo realism setting, there is still a great community that you can join with plenty of Side RP's that allow you to RP in any universe you want.

I urge you to come in and take a look, we would love to hear from you. http://yappashalorpg.proboards.com/index.cgi
Build a replica of the Krusty Krab around the creature, then lock prisoners customers inside it so that the sponge can mutilate them take their order.

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
Re: The Halo RPG
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2011, 09:54:50 am »

This should probably go in the Other Games board.
Nothing important here, move along.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2011, 10:07:58 am »

This belongs in the spambot forum (the trash)
Edit: Maybe not, forgive my conclusion jumping, i've just been jaded by all the spambot's i've seen today :s
« Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 10:09:47 am by MarcAFK »
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2011, 10:12:34 am »

Heh, not a spambot, but perhaps this would better fit in the Forum Games & Roleplaying forum?
Or is it better here? Maybe creative projects? Damn, what a dilemma. ???
Oh, and I'll probably check this site out... Not much of a Halo fan, but I like roleplaying. :)
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Jakob

• Bay Watcher
  • !!FABULOUS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2011, 05:35:02 pm »

This belongs in the spambot forum (the trash)
Edit: Maybe not, forgive my conclusion jumping, i've just been jaded by all the spambot's i've seen today :s

What? I typed this up to see if anyone wanted to RP with us because it is a great site. Fucking shoot me.

I was confused on where to put it so I settled on this board.
Build a replica of the Krusty Krab around the creature, then lock prisoners customers inside it so that the sponge can mutilate them take their order.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
  • Hi!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2011, 06:18:24 pm »

Hey, come now. He apologized. You've a right to be irked, but there's no reason to retaliate.

This board is probably as good a choice as any.

Indeed. He even edited his post. What gives?

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2011, 06:19:34 pm »

What the fuck. What the fuck is wrong with you. You don't have to be such an asshole and be such a jekrbjavbsdlaglglasbdasf *spit*

Jakob

• Bay Watcher
  • !!FABULOUS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2011, 09:30:10 pm »

Hey, come now. He apologized. You've a right to be irked, but there's no reason to retaliate.

This board is probably as good a choice as any.

Indeed. He even edited his post. What gives?

I apologize, do not like being called a spam bot.

Anyway, is anyone interested?

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2011, 10:46:27 pm »

Admittedly, you'd probably have to try to get a spammier sounding OP. :P

I'll probably check it out, I'm always looking for good RP communities, though Haloverse really wouldn't be my setting of choice. We'll see.

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2011, 12:06:56 am »

Just out of curiosity, is this set in the pre-reach era? Or around the same time as Halo 3?

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2011, 02:29:52 am »

Eeeep, I'm really sorry for starting so mujch butthurt in here.
Anyway this sounds like something i would be interested in, which is the whole reason i looked in here ayway, however my other commitments are rather time consuming so i'll have to pass.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Jakob

• Bay Watcher
  • !!FABULOUS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2011, 05:26:40 am »

I want to mention that not everyone is a Spartan and new players can not be. Many people who just join or who are interested in the RP want one. Each player is either Covenant, ODST, Marine's or Navy. We have tried to make it semi-realistic so the Marine's will no longer pump several thousand assault rifle bullets to kill a grunt across the street from him. It is quite fun actually.

Just out of curiosity, is this set in the pre-reach era? Or around the same time as Halo 3?

We dislike a lot of the things that Halo is about and did not want it to revolve around supr awsum sprtns an measter cheef. So we opted to make it quite a bit forward, 2532. The campaign started with players destroying Covenant AA in Arcadia (note: other players were free to play as Covie's) and when they were down; everyone pulled to the ONI building to evacuate personal and wait for evac. Of course the UNSC player base ended up royally screwing everything over and our time line has pretty much divulged from Halo, we now have an independent story not touched by the Halo verse.

Eeeep, I'm really sorry for starting so mujch butthurt in here.
Anyway this sounds like something i would be interested in, which is the whole reason i looked in here ayway, however my other commitments are rather time consuming so i'll have to pass.

It is no problem, come by if you change your mind.