Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11

Author Topic: New Poll Denies Existance of Wicca  (Read 20090 times)

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
Re: New Poll Denies Existance of Wicca
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2010, 04:50:09 pm »

Yea it frustrated me when I saw this. Isn't Christianity silly? Zombie jews are more ridiculous than some of the Wiccan beliefs.

Well obviously when you deliberately cast it in a ridiculous light like "zombie jews" it does.

Anyway, yeah, America has dumb people, I wasn't aware we had a monopoly on them though.  Have any of these studies been replicated in other first world countries?

But that's less funny, and the insulting America is like a security blanket for news sites.
It's a heavy burden, but the American people wish for our news sites to remain functioning. So we unintentionally do this crap to make sure the industry survives. Somebody needs to do it.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

ILikePie

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me Ron
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2010, 04:51:00 pm »

Obama? Why do people try to make every single president look like an idiot? Also Judaism and Buddhism should be up on that list too.

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2010, 04:56:22 pm »

Does it even matter if Obama is a Muslim or not? If he was, I'm not going to freak out. I'd be more concerned if he was a Fundamentalist than a Muslim.

My ever-growing curiosity now wonders if there's a non-magical religion. Something plausible and re-creatable.
While talking to AJ:
In college I studied the teachings of Socrates and Aeropostale

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2010, 04:59:33 pm »

Does it even matter if Obama is a Muslim or not?

To a not insignificant chunk of the country, yes it does matter.  Namely, the same remarkably large chunk of the country that thinks beard bomb-throwing loonies are hiding down every dark alley waiting to brainwash federal judges and ban football.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2010, 05:01:24 pm »

Perhaps history should have more emphasis on the world in general, instead of every little detail about America.
While talking to AJ:
In college I studied the teachings of Socrates and Aeropostale

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2010, 05:02:44 pm »

Perhaps history should have more emphasis on the world in general, instead of every little detail about America.

Have you ever been to America?  These are the same people whose version of History includes Thomas Jefferson as a revival evangelist and the Ten Commandments in the Preamble.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Phmcw

• Bay Watcher
  • Damn max 500 characters
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2010, 05:11:52 pm »

Witch... well it's a silly thing to believe into all right. Astrology too.
Quote from: toady

In bug news, the zombies in a necromancer's tower became suspicious after the necromancer failed to age and he fled into the hills.

ILikePie

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me Ron
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2010, 05:16:02 pm »

So is free beer and free speech. *ahem* Einie's theory of relativity is hardly believable as well.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2010, 05:19:10 pm by ILikePie »

Phmcw

• Bay Watcher
  • Damn max 500 characters
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2010, 05:16:45 pm »

Well those too. No Einstein's theory is easily provable.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2010, 03:08:05 pm by Phmcw »
Quote from: toady

In bug news, the zombies in a necromancer's tower became suspicious after the necromancer failed to age and he fled into the hills.

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2010, 05:23:19 pm »

That's sort of a funny statement. I assume you mean History as taught in America, because as a Canadian I can tell you they didn't teach us shit about the US in school, and I certainly don't associate "history" with "every little detail about America". At all.

My ever-growing curiosity now wonders if there's a non-magical religion. Something plausible and re-creatable.

You are thinking of science.

(Not to pick on you or anything smigenboger, I mean it in the most non-antagonistic way.)
« Last Edit: August 28, 2010, 05:26:58 pm by kinseti »

ILikePie

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me Ron
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2010, 05:28:20 pm »

That's sort of a funny statement. I assume you mean History as taught in America, because as a Canadian I can tell you they didn't teach us shit about the US in school, and I certainly don't associate "history" with "every little detail about America". At all.
Nothing about British colonies? They teach that in Israel.

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2010, 05:31:40 pm »

Nothing about British colonies? They teach that in Israel.

Well yeah, a little about Imperialism in general, and the British colonization of North America was big on the curriculum. What I mean to say, I guess, is that we didn't learn much about America after 1812.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 28, 2010, 05:36:39 pm »

I learned a little about Canada in Geography class.

I would love to be part of a coalition that takes over Canada, and when they're dividing up Canada and ask what I want, I say "Nunavut" and give the most dumbass grin imaginable.
Shoes...

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2010, 06:01:27 pm »

You are my sexy american hero.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 28, 2010, 06:14:51 pm »

You are thinking of science.

(Not to pick on you or anything smigenboger, I mean it in the most non-antagonistic way.)

That debate is like the King of shitstorms.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11