Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]

Author Topic: New Poll Denies Existance of Wicca  (Read 20052 times)

Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • The Light shall take us
    • View Profile
Re: New Poll Denies Existance of Wicca
« Reply #150 on: June 17, 2011, 05:31:52 pm »

You'll have to forgive me if I didn't really understand any of that.
Quote from: Akura
Now, if we could only mod Giant War Eagles to carry crossbows, we could do strafing runs on the elves who sold the eagles to us in the first place.

Eagleon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #151 on: June 17, 2011, 06:50:05 pm »

You'll have to forgive me if I didn't really understand any of that.
Really? None of it? That doesn't give me much to work on. I could just say chaos magic interprets everything and every tradition as the same thing (a tool to work magic), but that's not strictly correct either. It doesn't ignore the differences, and it doesn't force you to believe or not believe in anything. It works with their differences, because underneath it all is the belief that belief (or prayer, or magic, or whatever) has power, and your mind will act differently when believing in different things.
Agora: open-source, next-gen online discussions with formal outcomes!
Music, Ballpoint
Support 100% Emigration, Everyone Walking Around Confused Forever 2044

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: June 23, 2011, 03:25:03 am »

underneath it all is the belief that belief (or prayer, or magic, or whatever) has power

Hasn't pretty much every scientific study done on this (power of prayer, etc.) shown it to be false, at least as much as is possible?
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: June 23, 2011, 03:30:20 am »

underneath it all is the belief that belief (or prayer, or magic, or whatever) has power

Hasn't pretty much every scientific study done on this (power of prayer, etc.) shown it to be false, at least as much as is possible?
This study concluded that knowing people were praying for you to recover from injury made things worse.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: June 23, 2011, 03:43:19 am »

They just lack faith.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: August 22, 2011, 11:20:43 pm »

This study concluded that knowing people were praying for you to recover from injury made things worse.

Maybe they didn't pick the right god to pray to.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]