Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11

Author Topic: New Poll Denies Existance of Wicca  (Read 19854 times)

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
Re: New Poll Denies Existance of Wicca
« Reply #75 on: August 29, 2010, 10:18:31 am »

I thought Wicca was some kind of mystery religion founded some time last century. All performing secret rituals and not telling anyone what they're about, the witches. Then again, I think my knowledge comes from a discussion of a revert war at a wikipedia article. Not the article itself, just the discussion pages with editors accusing each other of sockpuppetry.

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 29, 2010, 01:28:11 pm »

Really? Where at? I spent the last two years of High School in Oromocto. My ex-girlfriend was a pseudo-Wiccan at one point before I met her.
@_@

I'm about five minutes outside of Oromocto, pretty close to Geary. It's a seriously damn small world. Very likely we actually never met even though I've been here for about thirteen years because I was homeschooled, but yeah.

You're one of those Home Schooled Pentecostal kids, eh? You would have gone to high school with me otherwise, assuming you're old enough.

Well, maybe you HAVE heard of me. I'll PM you my real name, we'll compare notes.

Since you're in the Pentecostal scene, do you know Chris and Kaitlyn Comeau?
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
  • The great magmaman adventurer. I do it for hugs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 29, 2010, 01:57:02 pm »

Really? Where at? I spent the last two years of High School in Oromocto. My ex-girlfriend was a pseudo-Wiccan at one point before I met her.
@_@

I'm about five minutes outside of Oromocto, pretty close to Geary. It's a seriously damn small world. Very likely we actually never met even though I've been here for about thirteen years because I was homeschooled, but yeah.

You're one of those Home Schooled Pentecostal kids, eh? You would have gone to high school with me otherwise, assuming you're old enough.

Well, maybe you HAVE heard of me. I'll PM you my real name, we'll compare notes.

Since you're in the Pentecostal scene, do you know Chris and Kaitlyn Comeau?

I'm almost 25, so it's been a little while since High School.

It's entirely possible I've seen them, but I can't say as I run in the same circles they do. My dad's church is one of the smaller, lesser-known ones with a group of about 7-10 families, and we've been meeting at the old oddfellows hall. You probably wouldn't recognise it now since we managed to get rid of most of the graffiti (it will be back of course, since it's right between the school and the mall...) (and by we, I don't mean me, because I was at work that day, sweet justice)
In the wells of livestock vans with shells and garden sands /
Iron mixed with oxygen as per the laws of chemistry and chance /
A shape was roughly human, it was only roughly human /
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 29, 2010, 05:57:06 pm »

For me, a witch = a person who can use magic.  As such, I'd probably have said I don't believe in them.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 29, 2010, 06:00:34 pm »

When my college biology class was supposed to practice with condoms, we used zucchinis.  No one actually had to stay, because they got too many angry letters, but I thought it was entertaining.  They were unlubricated, so I tried to make balloon animals.
ZUCCHINI!
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Nikov

• Bay Watcher
  • Riverend's Flame-beater of Earth-Wounders
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 29, 2010, 08:31:33 pm »

I'd say what a useless waste of money, but there's one thing these screaming babies are teaching me. When you think you know everything about birth control, you fuck up.
I should probably have my head checked, because I find myself in complete agreement with Nikov.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 29, 2010, 08:32:48 pm »

I'd say what a useless waste of money, but there's one thing these screaming babies are teaching me. When you think you know everything about birth control, you fuck up.

What will be hilarious is if they somehow find this forum ten years from now, and see their daddy admitting they were mistakes.  Won't that be awkward.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Nikov

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 29, 2010, 08:44:47 pm »

This is what I read.

Rational rational rational understandable rational reasonable rational. The whole thing was thought up by a hippy INSANE STUPID RIDICULOUS ASININE HEDONIST CHILDISH INDULGENT NUTJOB BULLSHIT.

Hippy is one of my trigger words. You'd be better off waving a red cape at a bull towing a dozen lawnmowers.

Edit: "Kids, you're two magical bundles of joy and brought my wife and I closer together than ever before and even likely saved our marriage. ALSO YOUR MOTHER CAN'T REMEMBER HER MEDICINE AND GOD WORKED IN MYSTERIOUS WAYS.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2010, 08:47:03 pm by Nikov »
I should probably have my head checked, because I find myself in complete agreement with Nikov.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 29, 2010, 08:51:46 pm »

This is what I read.

Rational rational rational understandable rational reasonable rational. The whole thing was thought up by a hippy INSANE STUPID RIDICULOUS ASININE HEDONIST CHILDISH INDULGENT NUTJOB BULLSHIT.

This is why most Wiccans I know of just choose not to talk about what they believe. They can't do so without having someone judge them on the spot and start throwing out terms. To put it terms staunch Christians might under stand, it's like walking up to every Catholic you see and screaming "PEDOPHILE" as though the entire religion condones it.

The fact one group criticizes another over believing in god-like powers of the natural world, without being able to prove it, is also hilarious. But then again the Church never was big on relativism.

AND GOD WORKED IN MYSTERIOUS WAYS.

Case in point.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2010, 08:54:34 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Nikov

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 29, 2010, 09:00:48 pm »

I think you may have replied to my jest with a personal attack, sir. I don't know if I should chide you or invite you to the club.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 29, 2010, 09:05:43 pm »

'Twas only an attack, sir, I'm not sure if it's personal yet.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Nikov

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 29, 2010, 09:17:26 pm »

Hey Aqizzar! See where this is going?

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 29, 2010, 09:21:34 pm »

This is going to end in another honor duel, isn't it.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 29, 2010, 09:23:04 pm »

I call the selling of the foodstuffs.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
  • Multiclass Bard/Kitten trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 29, 2010, 10:27:38 pm »

By my troth!

Forsooth!

Various other Shakespearey terms I don't really understand the meaning of!!!

Kinda funny how disney always talks about magic while at the same time apparently promoting "good christian values" while trying to get prepubescent children with sex appeal....  Disney is just so damn evil.

Though actually they're evil for totally different reasons.
Come see the MOST interesting Twitter account on the internet!  Mine!

Don't worry!  Be happy!  It's the law!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11