Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 48

Author Topic: Crime Focused Roguelike  (Read 93339 times)

Lap

• Bay Watcher
  • I <3 Lua
    • View Profile
Re: Crime Focused Roguelike
« Reply #420 on: September 03, 2010, 05:01:27 pm »

Bug report: If you shoot something, the game slows down considerably, to the point of unplayability.  To be exact, you take several turns to take each action, noticeable if you're standing on an item.

Might actually have be an error from when I transferred it over it over Viral Resistance. I don't remember that being a problem. I'll check it out. Easter egg bazooka is also a legacy from Yufra. By the way, unless someone is going to volunteer to host it, I'll be hosting forums for this game as this thread is a messy hell hole.

Things like talking about prison and such are valid and vital to the game, but having so many different topics ongoing in the same thread just makes vital info hard to reach. I'll have it up later tonight.

rawr359

• Bay Watcher
  • dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: September 03, 2010, 05:07:51 pm »

If its an SMF or another mobile compatible forum that would be dandy.
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

Lap

• Bay Watcher
  • I <3 Lua
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: September 03, 2010, 08:11:28 pm »

It's an SMF. I'm too addicted to its features not to. I made sure to put in plenty of categories so it's very easy to find relevant ideas when coding and contributing. If you have any suggestions for more let me know.

Forum is up!
« Last Edit: September 03, 2010, 09:31:21 pm by Lap »

rawr359

• Bay Watcher
  • dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: September 03, 2010, 09:37:32 pm »

Do I get something for being the first to register?
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: September 03, 2010, 09:39:24 pm »

I got to the forum, but I'm finding it incredibly slow.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: September 03, 2010, 09:49:12 pm »

Where's the SVN?

Sir Pseudonymous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: September 03, 2010, 10:08:19 pm »

Sourceforge apparently provides a forum for each project. I don't know how good it is, but it's there.

Where's the SVN?
On sourceforge, the url is a couple of pages back... let's see... https://crimelike.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/crimelike

I have not resolved my current situation, and don't expect to at this point, but I've gotten my head back together, and will return to what I was working on in the morning. I understand what's going on now, know that it is inherently irrational and that I can't fix it, and simply have to take this as an opportunity to do what I've wanted to do for months now. I'm being vague because the specifics of what's going on are rather meaningless to anyone but myself, and I don't want to derail the thread with a discussion of my problems (or worse, have them go completely ignored :P). So uh... yeah. I'm back to working on my part.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2010, 10:22:28 pm by Sir Pseudonymous »
I'm all for eating the heart of your enemies to gain their courage though.

rawr359

• Bay Watcher
  • dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: September 03, 2010, 11:14:04 pm »

For the people that don't know how to access it, first, you get the tortoise svn client that lets you download and upload files to and from the SVN repository. Then, make sure you have Lua. You can use Lua's editor tool, or just any old text editor, to modify the code. In order to run it, I just plopped the game into a new folder in the module folder of the TE4 engine.

Alright, so... I downloaded Lua 5.1.4 at http://www.lua.org/download.html and... well, I have no goddamn clue what I'm supposed to do next. Please help?

EDIT: I'm a silly bitch and I figured this out. I don't like how big TE4 is though.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2010, 11:39:03 pm by rawr359 »

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: September 04, 2010, 01:54:34 am »

Sourceforge apparently provides a forum for each project. I don't know how good it is, but it's there.

Where's the SVN?
On sourceforge, the url is a couple of pages back... let's see... https://crimelike.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/crimelike

I have not resolved my current situation, and don't expect to at this point, but I've gotten my head back together, and will return to what I was working on in the morning. I understand what's going on now, know that it is inherently irrational and that I can't fix it, and simply have to take this as an opportunity to do what I've wanted to do for months now. I'm being vague because the specifics of what's going on are rather meaningless to anyone but myself, and I don't want to derail the thread with a discussion of my problems (or worse, have them go completely ignored :P). So uh... yeah. I'm back to working on my part.

Few if any actively use the forums SourceForge provide. They're generally not very pleasant user experiences. And prone to spam.

DarkGod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: September 04, 2010, 07:31:27 am »

EDIT: I'm a silly bitch and I figured this out. I don't like how big TE4 is though.

Download the music-less version then.
And you do not need to download lua, it's embedded in TE4

rawr359

• Bay Watcher
  • dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: September 04, 2010, 09:27:43 am »

I already downloaded it.

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
  • Pile the bodies, set them aflame.
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: September 04, 2010, 09:29:26 am »

How do I run this?I haven't downloaded it I just want to know.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: September 04, 2010, 09:56:22 am »

Double-Click it.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: September 04, 2010, 10:03:37 am »

I am on the fora. Yaaay!

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
  • Pile the bodies, set them aflame.
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: September 05, 2010, 04:38:47 am »

I can't find a link to download this anywhere. D:
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 48