Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18

Author Topic: Massive *SPOILER* (and awesomeness)  (Read 199849 times)

Gutanoth

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:ILLUSIONS OF GRANDEUR]
    • View Profile
    • Umomushil - the fortress of dark Ice, an overlord list compliant fort
Re: Massive *SPOILER* (and awesomeness)
« Reply #225 on: September 26, 2010, 11:30:52 am »

so semi molten rock doesnt count as its own rock?
Look at what a totally original signature this is.

Vaftrudner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: September 26, 2010, 12:23:11 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Just keep digging, just keep digging...

Redesignate.
Yeah, thanks! I had to wait until they had no job before designating, if they were doing something important like eating or sleeping, they would just ignore the designation after finishing. Digging upwards worked great now, I had a mix of stone for my stairs, but I'm through the SMR. Now I just have to go through a couple of caverns and an aquifer and I'll have my very own hellhole, from the tundra straight down into a glowing pit. I have a home-made magma pool in that pit too, I'll probably build a little refillable pocket under the hellhole so I can choose whether to dump animals 60 z-levels into magma or into the core of the earth :)

Kaeoz Crimson

• Bay Watcher
  • Strike The Earth Until It Bleeds!
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: October 04, 2010, 09:12:33 pm »

My longtime goal in .31 is to expose an eerie glowing pit tile to the sky. I know how to do it too.
An interesting goal, but I have a better idea for you: make a tunnel that leads from the happy fun stuff to the middle of an elvish settlement (preferably the capital of the region).  I mean, a hell cannon to launch demons and magma at elves would be great and all, but that means you have to wait for them to visit you.  Demon Squirrel Soap (Trademark) is good too, but you have to convince the elves to come and buy it.  But, a hell tunnel that releases endless hordes of nightmarish abominations in the middle of their kingdom, well, that's a gift that keeps on giving.
Violence, Fire, And Duct Tape Have One Thing In Common: If They're Not Solving The Problem, Then You Need To Use More!
Dwarf Fortress: Proving That Violence IS The Answer Since 2002.
And a thought occurs: if you made soap out of those poison demon squirrels, wouldn't it dissolve your flesh when used?  I THINK WE HAVE OUR NEXT EXPORT TO THE ELVEN KINGDOMS, GENTLEMEN!!!

Zifnab

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: October 05, 2010, 11:58:55 pm »

My longtime goal in .31 is to expose an eerie glowing pit tile to the sky. I know how to do it too.

I've genned a couple of bugged worlds in which you can start with the eerie pits exposed to the sky.  Of course you would need an awesome setup to use these sites, as there are constant magma waterfalls from the magma seas down into the pits and also water draining from the caverns.

If you position your embark right, you can even embark on a site with no diggable stone, no soil, no wood, no water, no resources of any kind save what you bring with you, trade for, and take off your foes' corpses.

Gutanoth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: October 06, 2010, 11:10:30 am »

If you position your embark right, you can even embark on a site with no diggable stone, no soil, no wood, no water, no resources of any kind save what you bring with you, trade for, and take off your foes' corpses.

wts? you mean theres slade through and through? or some weird crap like that.

Zifnab

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: October 06, 2010, 12:13:21 pm »

wts? you mean theres slade through and through? or some weird crap like that.

Vehudur

• Bay Watcher
  • [evil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: October 06, 2010, 12:15:22 pm »

So, you spawned with Fun right there?  Fun times.  I bet it was over quick.
...and a third died in his bunk of natural causes - for a dagger in the heart quite naturally ends one's life.

I used to have an avatar, but I was told to remove it after it kept making people go insane.

Gutanoth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: October 06, 2010, 12:34:50 pm »

what the fuck.

has this happened to anyone else since leik 31.13-15?

The wierdest thing thats happened to me is the caverns being open to the outside without any form of cave system...

Quick! to kobold camp!

Encased in burning magma

• Bay Watcher
  • Nekkid
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: October 06, 2010, 12:58:08 pm »

This is heaven, got a save?
[MILL_CHILD:ONLY_IF_GOOD_REASON]

Zifnab

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: October 06, 2010, 01:23:52 pm »

what the fuck.

has this happened to anyone else since leik 31.13-15?

The wierdest thing thats happened to me is the caverns being open to the outside without any form of cave system...

Quick! to kobold camp!

I had the same thing happen to me with the open caverns, and was curious, so started embarking in nearby areas.  Thats when I found the hell areas.  I also found some sites where many layers of stone and water fall from the sky on embark, which I would think is related to the exposed hell somehow.

I've got a save.  In fact a couple of them.  The one where I remember where the site is is on an island, so there isn't any contact with non-dwarves.  I'm trying to find the other site again now, as I believe it was on the mainland.

Edit:
Wow, just wow.

I've been looking for the other site, and haven't found it yet, but I did find one with the slade fortress open to the surface.  And another where the embark party started 30 z-levels above the ground.  There is some messed up stuff.

If you gen this world, I am getting all of the messed up stuff around the south-central part of the evil sea in the upper-right part of the map.  You may have to use a 2*2 embark to get the map to load without crashing.  If noone gets anything strange, I'll upload the save after work.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2010, 02:26:37 pm by Zifnab »

vadia

• Bay Watcher
  • tacky picture given the forum; I know.
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: November 23, 2010, 10:56:05 am »

With a bug? and opening the game perhaps -- been there done that uploaded it. http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=70879.msg1726496#msg1726496

*edit*
oops a bit late there.  But this was in .18
« Last Edit: November 23, 2010, 10:58:59 am by vadia »

Terrahex

• Bay Watcher
  • The Bee's Knees
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: November 26, 2010, 02:38:19 am »

has anyone else noticed that half the people that posted on this forum have sigs from it?
What do you think? Yes? No?

Genoraven

• Bay Watcher
  • 4 Ichy Tasty
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: March 20, 2011, 01:25:55 am »

has anyone else noticed that half the people that posted on this forum have sigs from it?
I don't know what you're talking about.
Urist McPeasant cancels point and laugh at Philosopher - Philosopher no longer exists.
Philosopher cancels job: abstractualize existence: interrupted by personal nonexistence.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: March 20, 2011, 01:29:09 am »

I would call necro, but this thread deserves it, being the original Hell-colony thread.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Genoraven

• Bay Watcher
  • 4 Ichy Tasty
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: March 20, 2011, 01:36:39 am »

What. Why was it on the first page. Didn't even see the date. Sorry i suppose.
Urist McPeasant cancels point and laugh at Philosopher - Philosopher no longer exists.
Philosopher cancels job: abstractualize existence: interrupted by personal nonexistence.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18