Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 18

Author Topic: Massive *SPOILER* (and awesomeness)  (Read 200357 times)

deoxys413

• Bay Watcher
  • Space. It's quiet, too quiet...
    • View Profile
Re: Massive *SPOILER* (and awesomeness)
« Reply #150 on: September 16, 2010, 01:46:30 pm »

Meh, I'll keep chugging along on mine, the demons are much friendlier in my world from the sounds of it. 30 FPS may be slow, but it somehow occupies my short attention span. :) New annex walled off and the hotel is almost completely furnished.
Hah, my hell fort gets about 10 FPS. I actually learned to play DF on an old computer and never got more than 40, and even now I have it capped at 50, anything more feels like it's giving me epilepsy.
Mac voodoo, maybe? *shrug*
WATER is the universal solvent.
MAGMA is the universal solution.

Dante

• Bay Watcher
  • Dante likes cats for their corrupt intentions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: September 16, 2010, 10:43:39 pm »

Wow, neat.

I take it demons don't breed, as such, in the wild? A fully automated demonskull totem and obsidian export industry, housed within a demonsoap tower, would have to be pretty much the ultimate df achievement.

Samrobot

• Bay Watcher
  • Kill it! Burn it! Just make sure it's dead!
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: September 16, 2010, 10:45:47 pm »

i still strongly believe that since hell is defeated that the fort is boring.  Because if you have a army that can defeat hell a stupid goblin seige can't kill.  So all will die because of boredom
Dwarf Fortress: we take assisted suicide of minors very seriously!

Kaeoz Crimson

• Bay Watcher
  • Strike The Earth Until It Bleeds!
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: September 18, 2010, 01:05:27 am »

Here's an idea: cap the glowing pits, dig a tunnel that goes under the ocean, and another that goes into the great magma sea.  Flood both magma and water under there until both empty out completely.  Now send a team of artisans down to start carving obsidian statues.  You never need worry about money ever again.

And a thought occurs: if you made soap out of those poison demon squirrels, wouldn't it dissolve your flesh when used?  I THINK WE HAVE OUR NEXT EXPORT TO THE ELVEN KINGDOMS, GENTLEMEN!!!
« Last Edit: September 18, 2010, 01:12:46 am by Kaeoz Crimson »
Violence, Fire, And Duct Tape Have One Thing In Common: If They're Not Solving The Problem, Then You Need To Use More!
Dwarf Fortress: Proving That Violence IS The Answer Since 2002.
And a thought occurs: if you made soap out of those poison demon squirrels, wouldn't it dissolve your flesh when used?  I THINK WE HAVE OUR NEXT EXPORT TO THE ELVEN KINGDOMS, GENTLEMEN!!!

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: September 18, 2010, 01:33:29 am »

Let the sigging commence.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Mel_Vixen

• Bay Watcher
  • Hobby: accidently thread derailment
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: September 19, 2010, 06:18:40 pm »

Actually you could experiment now with anmals and syndroms. Maybe you can coat some weapons in the squirreldemon blood for sage against the nxt wave f gobbos.
[sarcasm] You know what? I love grammar Nazis! They give me that warm and fuzzy feeling. I am so ashamed of my bad english and that my first language is German. [/sarcasm]

Proud to be a Furry.

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: September 19, 2010, 07:36:39 pm »

Wow, neat.

I take it demons don't breed, as such, in the wild? A fully automated demonskull totem and obsidian export industry, housed within a demonsoap tower, would have to be pretty much the ultimate df achievement.

No. What we need to do is make a dwarven demonic space cannon. Mine out each adamantite shaft and turn one of them into a super long adamantite shaft that reaches the surface, this is the barrel. Use the demon soap to make explosives like they did in fight club, this is the propellant. Then infinitely launch demons into orbit around the planet, bonus if they land inside of a forest retreat.

GaxkangtheUnbound

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: September 19, 2010, 07:41:31 pm »

Feel the acid on your skin!
No one else can feel it for you!
Only you can let it in!
Proud of my heritage.
Prepare to lose your sanity.

Kaeoz Crimson

• Bay Watcher
  • Strike The Earth Until It Bleeds!
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: September 20, 2010, 03:24:32 am »

Let the sigging commence.

Someone sigged a post I made on Dwarf Fortress Forums.  MY LIFE IS NOW COMPLETE!!! XD
Violence, Fire, And Duct Tape Have One Thing In Common: If They're Not Solving The Problem, Then You Need To Use More!
Dwarf Fortress: Proving That Violence IS The Answer Since 2002.

LilGunmanX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: September 20, 2010, 09:23:45 am »

*Nods in approval.*  Damn, that's impressive.  I've done all the science I can think of in Hell via short-lived expeditions, cheating, and adventurers, but a working fort is new to me.  The pits are identical to glowing pits and bottomless pits from 40d, as far as I can tell, and I have seen no evidence that anything spawns out of them.  Wall off the edges and you're invincible.
Alternatively, wandering demons won't rape your FPS like the first batch that spawns does, so if you ever wanted to build a hell-cannon that shoots demons or something...

>Hell-cannon that shoots demons.
>Hell-cannon
>shoots demons.
>Hell-cannon
>shoots demons.

DEAR GOD AND I THOUGHT THE GLASS-MAGMA CANNON WAS A GOOD IDEA! F*** your save, f*** my solid-gold underwater pyramid complex, f*** my solid gold archer tower! This is the best idea since... since... me!

Vaftrudner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: September 21, 2010, 12:37:30 pm »

Actually you could experiment now with anmals and syndroms. Maybe you can coat some weapons in the squirreldemon blood for sage against the nxt wave f gobbos.
I already have, involuntarily. When picking up weapons covered in squirrel demon blood, dwarves die. A lot.

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: September 21, 2010, 05:12:46 pm »

Its too bad dwarf fortress doesn't yet have the option to make items/furniture out of multiple materials. Or at least a workshop dedicated to tipping swords and arrows with poisons.

Xenos

• Bay Watcher
  • [DWARFINEER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: September 21, 2010, 07:12:30 pm »

Someone needs to attempt this in Kobold Camp.  ;)  Just have *LOTS* of cave in traps set up 8)
This is a useful feature..and this is DF.. so im gonna assume its bugged
That's what cages and minecart shotguns are for!  We don't need to control them.  We just need to aim them.
[DWARFINEERING]

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #163 on: September 21, 2010, 07:39:21 pm »

The avatars of the two people above me look familiar...

Anyway, weapon poison would be awesome, but it's going to be a while before we get it. I think Toady has said that it's planned, but then again, what ISN'T planned in DF?

Kamudo

• Bay Watcher
  • [SO_FLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: September 21, 2010, 07:43:23 pm »

I hope the ability to ascend to the heavens and slay the gods will become possible. Then you colonize heaven, and hell. :D

Then open an inter dimensional rift, and colonize earth while you're at it. O:
Lisidadil - A story of one of my first forts.

The continual tale of survival in a harsh land of hate, Fun, betrayal, love, and maybe a random elf or two... If we're unlucky.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 18