Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress music - any tablatures available?  (Read 32753 times)

Ugrok

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Dwarf Fortress music - any tablatures available?
« on: March 25, 2007, 05:52:00 pm »

First of all, hello, mighty fortress builders. Maybe i'm the only one, but i NEVER disabled the dwarf fortress music since i first played it. I like it a lot, and find it highly hypnotic. I'm also a guitar player, and i would like to know if there are tablatures available for the various tunes (i think there are 3 of them) that we can hear in this amazing game. I almost figured the menu music on my own, but didn't quite get it right. Could you help me? Maybe a skilled guitar player could do this for the community?

Thanks !

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
Re: Dwarf Fortress music - any tablatures available?
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2007, 06:41:00 pm »

I wrote those a long time ago.  I never had tabs for song_title.ogg (in your data/sound folder), and the ones I had for song_game.ogg were lost when the computer died.  I just picked up the guitar and think this is vaguely right for the beginning of the main song, and I might be able to help with other bits, though I wouldn't count on it.  This should let you know how I fingered the chords anyway, which might help extrapolate to the other areas.

|---0-----0-0-----0-0-----0-0-----0--|---0-----0-0-----0-0-----0-0-----0-
|.---4---4---4---4---3---3---2---2--.|----1---1---0---0---0---0---0---0--
|-----0-0-----0-0-----2-2-----2-2----|-----0-0-----1-1-----2-2-----1-1---
|------4-------4-------2-------2-----|------2-------0-------0-------0----
|.-2-------2-------0-------0--------.|--0-------2-------2-------2--------
|------------------------------------|-----------------------------------

|------------------------------------------------------------------------
|------------------------------0-----------------------------------------
|--2---2---2---4---5---5---5----5-54---4---4---2---2---2---2---0---------
|---2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2--2--0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3------
|----3---3---3---3---3---3---3-------2---2---2---2---3---3---3---3-------
|--5---------------4---------------3---------------1---------------------

|--0---0---4---0---0---0---0---0---0---0---3---0---0---0---30---0--------
|---0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-4-4-4-4-4-4-4-4-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-4-4-4-4--4-4-4-------
|----2---2---2---2---4---4---4---4---2---2---2---2---4---4----4---4------
|--3---------------2---------------3---------------2---------------------

|--------------------------20--------------------------------------------
|--0---0---2---0---0---30----30---0-0---0---3---0---0---0---0---0--------
|---0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-4-4--4-----4-4---2---2---2---2---10--10--10--10------
|----2---2---2---2---4----4-----4--3--33--33--33--32--22--22--22--2------
|--3---------------2-----------------------------------------------------

|---------------0--------------------------------------------------------
|---0---0---3----3---<don't recall walk down>----------------------------
|----2---2---2----2------------------------------------------------------
|--3--33--33--33---------------------------------------------------------

|--5--5--5-----etc---------------------0--0--0--0--0--0--0----etc--------
|---0--0--0-----------------------------0--0--0--0--0--0--0--------------
|-------6--------6--------6--------6--------0-----------0----------------
|----7--------7--------7--------7--------6-----6-----6-----6--etc--------
|-0--------0--------0--------0--------7-----------7----------------------

|--------0---------------------------------------------------------------
|--5--5---5----etc---------------------0--0--0--0--0--0--0--0------------
|---0--0--------------------------------0--0--0--0--0--0--0--0-----------
|-------6--------6--------6--------6--------0-----------0----------------
|----7--------7--------7--------7--------6-----6-----6-----6-------------
|-0--------0--------0--------0--------7-----------7----------------------

|----------------------------0-------------------------------------------
|--0--0--0--0--0--0--0-------0-------------------------------------------
|---0--0--0--0--0--0--0------9--<don't recall descending chords>---------
|-------0-----5--7--5--7-sl--9-------------------------------------------
|----6-----6-----------------7-------------------------------------------
|-7----------------------------------------------------------------------

|--0---0---0--0--0-0-----0-0-----0-0-----0-------------------------------
|---6-6-6---5--5----3---3---2---2---1---1--------------------------------
|----5---5---4--4----2-2-----2-2-----0-0----etc--------------------------
|-7harm---6-------4---4---2---2-------2----------------------------------
|---------------------------------0--------------------------------------

toad-edit 2009:  forum move killed some of it
« Last Edit: April 03, 2009, 03:45:45 am by Toady One »
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Ugrok

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2007, 03:28:00 am »

Thank you very much, dear genius.

Bas Cost Budde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.heuveltop.nl
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2007, 03:41:00 pm »

Wow! That'll send me to the practice hall for the remainder of the season. Thanks a lot.

Leniad

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2007, 07:42:00 am »

Toady, how much have you studied with your guitar? Because that song is amazing, and quite hard to play fast too!

I wonder if you wrote it down as sheet music?

Bas Cost Budde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2007, 03:03:00 pm »

It shouldn't be that difficult to write down. At least not to me, and certainly less difficult than playing it  :) which represents quite well my musical state.

Well hey! What'd you expect from a base player?

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2007, 03:28:00 am »

I don't have a written record, though it could be reconstructed.  I never learned to play the guitar from sheet music, though I learned the flute and piano that way back when I was playing those, so I can read single notes (and chords sloooowly).  I've been playing the guitar since October 2003, I think, so three and a half years.  I just started in on flamenco on a whim (not accompanying anybody, and I haven't learned enough of the rhythm patterns well enough to really say I play it), and just went from there.  Lately I've been butchering Sabicas tabs, though I mostly just pick up the guitar and make stuff up as I go along.  Hopefully I'll get a chance to record a few more songs at some point, and I'll be sure to keep the tabs around in case anybody wants a look.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

4bh0r53n

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phpbber.com/phpbb/index.php?c=1&mforum=abhorsengames
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2007, 02:37:00 pm »

quote:
What'd you expect from a base player

try BASS player...

.B.H.O.R.S.E.N.: Abhorrent, Bloodthirsty, Hitchhiker-Obliterating Ravager from the Sunless Enchanted Necropolis

I dont explode Cats, its way to hard to coax them into the microwave...

Bas Cost Budde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2007, 03:27:00 pm »

quote:

quote: What'd you expect from a base player

try BASS player...

... whose native language isn't even English...  :D

Yes, thank you.  ;) even on the letters now.

Would it matter that I only learned to play the bass guitar two years ago? Before that I could play the double bass only--I think it is called that way at least.

dot12321

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2010, 02:57:20 pm »

I'm sorry for bumping an ancient thread, but, does anybody know of the tabs for the actual gameplay? Say, when you load a fortress, there's that quick music playing. What are the tabs for those?

bombcar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2010, 03:46:23 pm »

I want to know how much $ we'd have to raise to get Toady to record more songs.  ;D

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2010, 04:02:05 pm »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>
    quote: What'd you expect from a base player <P>try BASS player... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>... whose native language isn't even English...  :D<P>Yes, thank you.  ;) even on the letters now.<P>Would it matter that I only learned to play the bass guitar two years ago? Before that I could play the double bass only--I think it is called that way at least.
We bass players are the master race.
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.

blueflame_99

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2010, 08:33:36 pm »

These are tabs for song_title.ogg, which is my favorite track.

Random good deed for the day. Copy paste this to Wordpad and you'll get it in a more legible format.

Track 1 (Capo 4)
     ^                          ^                          ^                          ^                       
     E  E  E  E  E  E  E  E     E  E  E  E  E  E  E  E     E  E  E  E  E  E  E  E     E  E  E  E  E  E  E  E   
E||--0--------------------0--|-----------------------0--|--------------------------|--------------------------|
B||--3--3--------3-----------|--1-----------1-----------|--------------------------|--------------------------|
G||--1-----1--------1--------|--2--2-----------2--------|--2-----------------2-----|--0-----------0-----------|
D||--2--------2--------2-----|--2-----2-----------2-----|--1--1-----1-----1-----1--|--2--2-----2-----2-----2--|
A||--0-----------------------|--0--------0--------------|--------------------------|--2-----------------------|
E||--L-----------------------|--------------------------|--2-----2-----2-----------|--0-----0-----------0-----|

E  E  E  E  E  E  E  E     E  E  E  E  E  E  E  E     E  E  E  E  E  E  E  E     E  E  E  E  E  E  E  E   
--------------------------|--------------------------|--------------------------|--------------------------|
--------------------------|--------------------------|--------------------------|--1-----------1-----------|
--0-----------0-----------|--0-----------0-----------|--0-----------0-----------|-----0-----0-----0-----0--|
-----2-----2-----2-----2--|-----2-----2-----2-----2--|-----2-----2-----2-----2--|--------2-----------2-----|
--------------------------|--------------------------|--------------------------|--------------------------|
--------0-----------0-----|--------0-----------0-----|--------0-----------0-----|--------------------------|

E  E  E  E  E  E  E  E     E  E  E  E  E  E  E  E     E  E  E  E  H           E  E  E  E  E  E  E  E   
--------------------------|--------------------------|-----------------------|--------------------------|
--0-----------0-----------|--1-----------1-----------|-----------------------|--0-----------0-----------|
-----0-----0-----0-----0--|-----0-----0-----0-----0--|-----------0-----------|-----0-----0-----0-----0--|
--------2-----------2-----|--------2-----------2-----|-----2--------2--------|--------2-----------2-----|
--------------------------|--------------------------|--------2--------------|--0-----------------------|
--------------------------|--------------------------|--0--------------------|--------------------------|

^                       
  E  E  E  E  E  E  E  E     E  E  E  E  E  E  E  E     E  E  E  E  H           E  E  E  E  E  E  E  E   
--------------------------|--------------------------|-----------------------|--------------------------|
--------------0-----------|--------------------------|-----------------------|--0-----------------------|
--3--------3-----3-----3--|-----------0-----------0--|-----------0-----------|--3--3--------3--------3--|
--2--2--------------2-----|--2--2--------2--2--------|--2--2--------2--------|--2-----2--------2--------|
--------2-----------------|--------2-----------2-----|--------2--------------|--2--------2--------2-----|
--------------------------|--0-----------0-----------|--0--------------------|--------------------------|

-----------0-----------0--|-----------0--------------|--------------0-----------|--------------------------|
--1-----------1-----1-----|--3-----------3--------3--|--1--------------1-----2--|--0--------0--------0-----|
-----2-----------2--------|-----2-----------2--------|-----2-----2--------2-----|-----2--------2--------2--|
--------2-----------------|--------2-----------2-----|--------2-----------------|--------2--------2--------|
--0-----------------------|--0-----------------------|--0-----------------------|--0-----------------------|

--0--------0--------0-----|--------------------------|--------------------------|--0-----------0-----------|
-----2--------2--------2--|-----2-----2--------2-----|--2-----2-----------2-----|-----2-----2-----2-----0--|
--------2--------2--------|--------------1--------1--|-----2-----2-----2-----2--|--------2-----------2-----|
--0-----------------------|--2-----2--------2--------|--0-----------0-----------|--0-----------------------|

--------------------------|--------------------------|--------------------------|--------------------------|-----||
--------------------------|--------------------------|--------------------------|--------------------------|-----||
--1-----------------------|--------------------------|--------------------------|--------------------------|-----||
--------2-----------2-----|--------2-----------2-----|--------2-----------2-----|--------2-----------2-----|-----||
-----2-----2-----2-----2--|-----2-----2-----2-----2--|-----2-----2-----2-----2--|-----2-----2-----2-----2--|-----||
--0-----------0-----------|--0-----------0-----------|--0-----------0-----------|--0-----------0-----------|-----||

Duration Legend
---------------
W - whole
H - half
Q - quarter
E - 8th
S - 16th
T - 32nd
X - 64th
. - note dotted
|-n-|  - n-tuplets

Tablature Legend
----------------
L - tied note
g - grace note
^ - brush up
v - brush down
« Last Edit: March 09, 2010, 08:37:00 pm by blueflame_99 »

bombcar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2010, 12:03:06 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
code tags make it line up.

NRN_R_Sumo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2010, 12:43:45 am »

I used to play brass.
Any chance for a baritone/trumpet/trombone? (all are written the same)
A dwarf is nothing but an alcohol powered beard.
Pages: [1] 2