Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: Discovery Channel being held hostage by Human-hating animal lover.  (Read 15195 times)

Nikov

• Bay Watcher
  • Riverend's Flame-beater of Earth-Wounders
    • View Profile
Re: Discovery Channel being held hostage by Human-hating animal lover.
« Reply #60 on: September 01, 2010, 08:15:06 pm »

Just had to throw that in there, didn't you.
I should probably have my head checked, because I find myself in complete agreement with Nikov.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 01, 2010, 08:15:19 pm »

Do not start that shit in here, man. Seriously.

edit

Ninja'd by Nikov...
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 01, 2010, 08:16:42 pm »

Discovery Channel: Repercussions of Evil

James Lee waited. The lights above him blinked and sparked out of the air. There were filthy immigrants in the building. He didn't see them, but had expected them now for days. His warnings to PETA activists were not listenend to and now it was too late. Far too late for now, anyway.
James was a nutjob for way too many years. When he was young he watched the Discovery Channel and he said to dad "I want to be on a telly, daddy."
Dad said "No! You will BE KILL BY COPS"
There was a time when he believed him. Then as he got oldered he stopped. But now in the headquarters building of the DC he knew there were cops.
"This is Jesus" the radio crackered. "You must fight the filthy humans!"
So James gotted his explosives and blew up the suspense.
"HE GOING TO KILL US" said the hostages
"I will shoot at him" said the sniper and he fired the high-powered rifle. John waved angrily at him and tried to blew himself up. But then the blood pressure fell and he was trapped and not able to kill.
"No! I must kill the humans" he shouted
The radio said "No, James. You are the humans"
And then James was a discussion subject.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 01, 2010, 08:18:51 pm »

Win.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Sir Pseudonymous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 01, 2010, 08:21:23 pm »

(not even PETA, insane terrorist organization that it is, is that openly disconnected from reality).

Fix'd.
They're lunatics, and they and their associates are a grave threat (ideologically, that is; they lack the power to cause real harm on their own, at least for the moment) to the cause of humanity, but not even they are gibbering Malthusian loons.

I am confused...Is the bat shit insane man left winged or right winged

Neither a stereotype of the left nor of the right.  This was an actual person, who had his own opinions.
His mistake was to use violence to broadcast those opinions.  Not only was that morally wrong, but he set back his own agenda by associating it with armed hostage-taking.

He was a danger to himself, others, and everything he believed in.
His beliefs consisted of delusional, incoherent vitriol against humanity. The world is better for his death.
I'm all for eating the heart of your enemies to gain their courage though.

Lumbajak

• Bay Watcher
  • They call me Jude
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 01, 2010, 08:21:31 pm »

Fuck you I lol'd

Nikov

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 01, 2010, 08:27:09 pm »

Neither Jesus, God, nor Religion show up in that man's deluded rantings. Just gonna point that out.
(not even PETA, insane terrorist organization that it is, is that openly disconnected from reality).

Fix'd.
They're lunatics, and they and their associates are a grave threat (ideologically, that is; they lack the power to cause real harm on their own, at least for the moment) to the cause of humanity, but not even they are gibbering Malthusian loons.

Having read Mein Kampf and not being phased I gotta say this Mathusian shit fucking scares me now.
I should probably have my head checked, because I find myself in complete agreement with Nikov.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: These are the Demands and Sayings of Lee.
« Reply #67 on: September 01, 2010, 08:32:35 pm »

Neither Jesus, God, nor Religion show up in that man's deluded rantings. Just gonna point that out

4. Civilization must be exposed for the filth it is. That, and all its disgusting

religious-cultural roots and greed. Broadcast this message until the pollution in

the planet is reversed and the human population goes down! This is your

obligation. If you think it isn't, then get hell off the planet! Breathe Oil! It

is the moral obligation of everyone living otherwise what good are they??

It only gets a passing mention, but its there. Although it is an anti-religious reference instead of a pro-religious reference, as I think you were implying (As in what was not there. Damn English and its sometimes non-specific structure).
« Last Edit: September 01, 2010, 08:36:19 pm by MetalSlimeHunt »
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Sir Pseudonymous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 01, 2010, 08:35:51 pm »

No one takes Malthus seriously these days (aside from the odd lunatic), since his beliefs amounted to "them poor folks is gonna eat all the food, making society collapse, so we should just kill them all". The hilariously ironic thing being that it had nothing to do with environmentalism, and everything to do with a misunderstanding of population dynamics coupled with a desire to preserve the status quo.
I'm all for eating the heart of your enemies to gain their courage though.

Nikov

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: These are the Demands and Sayings of Lee.
« Reply #69 on: September 01, 2010, 08:39:55 pm »

Neither Jesus, God, nor Religion show up in that man's deluded rantings. Just gonna point that out

4. Civilization must be exposed for the filth it is. That, and all its disgusting

religious-cultural roots and greed. Broadcast this message until the pollution in

the planet is reversed and the human population goes down! This is your

obligation. If you think it isn't, then get hell off the planet! Breathe Oil! It

is the moral obligation of everyone living otherwise what good are they??

It only gets a passing mention, but its there. Although it is an anti-religious reference instead of a pro-religious reference, as I think you were implying (As in what was not there. Damn English and its sometimes non-specific structure).

Well spotted, and indeed; he clearly thought religion was filth. I was implying my view that he had no pro-religious sentiments. We seem to be in agreement, good sir.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 01, 2010, 08:41:27 pm »

I was wondering what the fuck all that "Malthus" nonsense was.

I didn't think to check at the time.  Was the Discovery Channel's broadcast ever actually interrupted today?
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 01, 2010, 08:42:46 pm »

I was wondering what the fuck all that "Malthus" nonsense was.

I didn't think to check at the time.  Was the Discovery Channel's broadcast ever actually interrupted today?

I doubt it man. Just use Jamie's mustache whiskers as antennae to broadcast signals.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 01, 2010, 08:45:19 pm »

No one takes Malthus seriously these days (aside from the odd lunatic), since his beliefs amounted to "them poor folks is gonna eat all the food, making society collapse, so we should just kill them all". The hilariously ironic thing being that it had nothing to do with environmentalism, and everything to do with a misunderstanding of population dynamics coupled with a desire to preserve the status quo.

Some of his concepts were on the right path though, at least the very basic ones, I don't know the whole story about him.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 01, 2010, 08:48:09 pm »

Mathus was not a very nice person, from what I remember. I think that he advocated laws that would sterilize and limit the population of the poor, but its been a while since I last read about him, so don't quote me on that.

EDIT: Alright, so Mathus himself only said that their shouldn't be governmental assistance to the poor and welfare because that leads to more poor people, who then must also be supported.

The Neo-Mathusians, on the other hand, advocate actions to sterilize people and lower the population growth to zero with only pre-civilization levels of people left.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2010, 08:53:04 pm by MetalSlimeHunt »
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Nikov

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 01, 2010, 08:48:31 pm »

Brave words, James.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7