Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15]

Author Topic: Riddles Galore  (Read 15736 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Riddles Galore
« Reply #210 on: September 26, 2010, 11:07:31 pm »

Down-to-forward punch!
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: September 26, 2010, 11:34:01 pm »

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: September 27, 2010, 12:59:40 am »

I always remembered it as (Down)-(Down Forward)-(Forward)-(Punch)... though I was usually Blanka or Dhalsim. My friend always abused Hadoken as Ryu though, whenever we played, so rage-inducing is right.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: September 27, 2010, 01:47:59 am »

A boy was at a carnival and went to a booth where a man said to the boy, "If I write your exact weight on this piece of paper then you have to give me $50, but if I cannot, I will pay you $50."

The boy looked around and saw no scale so he agrees, thinking no matter what the carny writes he'll just say he weighs more or less.

In the end the boy ended up paying the man $50. How did the man win the bet?

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: September 27, 2010, 01:56:29 am »

By telling him he weighs 1, measured in units of himself (the boy).
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: September 27, 2010, 01:58:26 am »

Heh, such a awesome answer that I'll say correct. The original answer was hat he wrote "your exact weight" on the paper just as he said he would

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: September 27, 2010, 02:08:27 am »

I probably should have come up with a riddle before answering...

"Bright as a mirror black as the sea."
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15]