Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15

Author Topic: Mutant Factions| Subvein reborn onto Steam Green-light.  (Read 18527 times)

PsyberianHusky

• Bay Watcher
  • The best at being the worst at video games.
    • View Profile
Re: Subvein. Like MMO GTA 2 with more mutants
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2010, 10:45:57 am »

B12 is probably a better tag, I'll do it.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2010, 07:09:51 am by PsyberianHusky »
Thank you based dwarf.

Trorbes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2010, 11:24:24 am »

Tried this, I died alot :P And then my computer overheated for some reason.
MAAAAAAYBE it's because of the framerate. My game said it rendered 512 frames per second. Sometimes this makes GPUs all warm and fuzzy. Band aid solution: Enable vsync, in your graphics drivers controls if you have to. If that doesnt drop frames down to monitor refresh rate, or if it does and your computer still overheats, id say clean the computer from dust.
That frame rate is excessively high, no matter what.  Aside from far surpassing what most monitors could even display, I'm pretty sure that's well above the threshold for what the eye could discern, let alone what would be comfortable for normal games.  I can only see that number justified if it produces a frame each "tic" of the engine, but even that's the product of sloppy design.

Cheese

• Bay Watcher
  • 99% Dairy
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2010, 11:37:27 am »

Just wasn't expecting this to do it. It usually takes borderlands or something on UT3 engine at full settings to overheat me.

Puck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2010, 12:13:46 pm »

I can only see that number justified if it produces a frame each "tic" of the engine, but even that's the product of sloppy design.
I checked it. It's REALLY frames per second. No, I dont have superninja eye skillz, I just forced vsync on in nvidia control panel, and tadaaa, framerate display in the game says 85, instead of the usual 500-700. And even that pisses me off a little, because 85hz isnt the refresh I set the monitor to, at that resolution, its the max refresh rate for that resolution. Mild raeg.

Just wasn't expecting this to do it. It usually takes borderlands or something on UT3 engine at full settings to overheat me.
See, that isnt really the problem here. It's not that the graphics are that demanding, its the opposite. The GPU has an EASY time drawing the frame, does it fast, and happily procedes to the next frame, churning out several hundred frames per second. Even if the cooling is working alright, that can lead to problems sooner or later.

From time to time games do that. The Eve online client did it at one point; the space graphics would tax your GPU normally, but when the screen went black during gating, it would start to render 200 frames or so, and more often than not the vidcard would shut down. In this period of the game a lot of "Eve fried my videocard" posts popped up on their forums, mysteriously.

Please, for the love of god, dont ask me why graphics drivers dont come with a max FPS setting, because the only theory I got is a conspiracy theory. (if we could cap our games at a stable rate, we wouldnt notice our hardware getting old so fast and wouldnt buy new shit that often...)

At any rate, whenever you notice a game doing that, you can help yourself a bit with forcing vsync on.

Oh and btw, if your GPU overheats when displaying demanding stuff... THEN you should worry and maybe open that case and manually clean your fans.

Hugehead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2010, 02:06:25 pm »

It's fun, the community is good, and it sounds like the maker is nice.
We're Bay12er's. If there is a bug, we will find it, exploit it, and make a recursive statue out of it. Just look up Planepacked.
When a dwarf enters a martial trance, they become Jedi. Short, drunken Jedi.

AussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • [Australian]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2010, 05:20:47 pm »

Benedict (the creator) is a really nice person and answers every question you ask. He even laughed when I mentioned the game as counter strike sounds.

Duelmaster409

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_FIGHT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2010, 07:27:52 pm »

Downloading this game right now, looks loads of fun!
Dwarf fortress: Teaching uni level geology to sadistic elf killers for years.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2010, 10:01:24 pm »

This looks entertaining. I'm gonna try it.

PsyberianHusky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2010, 07:49:30 am »

It was really cool seeing a bunch of people on today with the DFC,Bay 12, and B 12 tags.
Thank you based dwarf.

PsyberianHusky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2010, 02:07:06 am »

I'm noticing alot of players are getting frustrated with the game, I wanna help you guys get better
Thank you based dwarf.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2010, 03:23:48 am »

Downloaded, account made, Tagged as B12 and getting ready to work this shit out...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Cheese

• Bay Watcher
  • 99% Dairy
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 04, 2010, 04:32:20 am »

I'm getting better. I managed to snipe 4 people in a row with invis like a nubcake. They were sniping us though. Shotguns are fairly easy to use short range, vehicles are easy to hit and take out, people generally strafe side-to-side so it's easy enough to lead and when someone's knifing blade fury+shotty=win.
The only thing that annoys me about this is people with maxed out blade fury who run up to you and grind you away before you even get a chance to shoot, it's really overpowered.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2010, 05:30:31 am by Cheese »

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 04, 2010, 06:21:15 am »

Ah yeah that sucked... Three people with Full Blade Fury just sat at our spawn..... Not fun...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Cheese

• Bay Watcher
  • 99% Dairy
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 04, 2010, 07:13:04 am »

The grenade should insta-kill on impact but only be purchased once per spawn and fairly inaccurate at long ranges. That way it can be used to clear out spawn campers while not being OP.

Duelmaster409

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_FIGHT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 04, 2010, 10:42:54 am »

I've been using invis for a while now to gain a tactical advantage against snipers. When they're too busy looking for targets to notice me shanking them it's pretty easy to kill them. I've also found a favorite weapon; the spacker!
Dwarf fortress: Teaching uni level geology to sadistic elf killers for years.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15