Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15]

Author Topic: Mutant Factions| Subvein reborn onto Steam Green-light.  (Read 18536 times)

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
Re: Mutant Factions| Subvein reborn onto Steam Green-light.
« Reply #210 on: May 07, 2014, 03:06:13 pm »

The skills feel a lot more balanced which is nice. There is also two types of matches now. The first type is quick matches which is like how the game originally was where you level up then put points into skills as the match goes on and at the start of the match everyone starts at level 10. The second type is permanent matches which use a level which goes up slowly as you play and it stays between games. If you played back when it basically switched to just that for a while then any levels you got then probably are still on your character.
   Another thing is that the netcode is improved. The only time I have experienced any kind of lag related annoyance was when I was uploading a video at the same time and the ping was definitely above 300. Even with servers in England and other such far off places (I live in America) have good ping for me, sub 100 most of the time, that even when they are on those servers I can have a good time.
   Finally there is a new gamemode. Its a zombie thing where it is basically a PvE sort of thing. Each map has bombs at various locations and the way you set them off is by filling them one by one with a thousand zombie souls each. In a quick match the way you get experience is by returning the souls to the bomb. Also the zombies comes in waves and start when people have touched the next bomb. Once you complete the first way when the wave is called everyone gets rooted for a short amount of time and the only way to survive that is if you are with the others and you all work together, though I assume if you pick a really good hiding spot you might be able to survive.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

bencelot

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: May 08, 2014, 09:37:29 am »

Glad you like all the new changes akhier! I've been watching all of your videos too, they're great. It's great to get witness such a fresh perspective of the game.

Have you had a chance to play in the ranked servers yet? They take the old gameplay but make it competitive by awarding you ranks based on your performance. It's based on the ELO rating system used in chess so your rank will increase faster if you beat higher ranked opponents. Pretty nifty! Anyway we're playing one now if anyone wants to join :)

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #212 on: May 08, 2014, 02:42:03 pm »

Whenever I pop on there seems to be one or two servers with decent populations so I just play what is being played. I will eventually get onto it but I am very much still learning and I really need to try a strategy other then frenzy.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
The game is now called Geneshift and has a free BR demo
« Reply #213 on: September 29, 2018, 11:01:31 pm »

It took a while to decide but in the end I figured I should post here instead of make a new thread right away so those who still follow this get alerted (though it looks like the thread OP hasn't been active in a while so we might need a new thread for that alone). Anyway the game now has a 2 minute battle royal mode and is now called Geneshift. There is a free demo for it on Steam. So if any of you out there still remember this but never got the Steam version now is a good time to give it another try. The link in the OP still works and redirects to the new website (geneshift.net) and here is a direct link to the Steam page. Oh and the battle royal has an interesting tweak to it. When you die instead of being out of the game you get dropped back in as a zombie. If you then kill a human your back in the game.

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15]