Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Pablumistic Phantasmagoria  (Read 1145 times)

WhiskerMeister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Pablumistic Phantasmagoria
« on: September 02, 2010, 03:35:25 pm »

a story i wrote for you, bay12.

Chapter One.
light and dark, sun and moon, changing shifting shapes surrounded me. i knew what it was and what it meant but i was afraid to act. i couldn't. her beautiful face had driven me so very mad, the ever present threat of loss served as my motivator. i needed to do something, i knew that i needed to act. standing idly by would not help either cause. and so i did it. i swore to myself i would do it.

colors and spirals and lights! i had to press on. i ignored the vehement opposition and the stalwart crowds. i diffused the naysayers and sought only vindication. righteous judgment and eternal suffering, internal confusion rife with obtrusions. i battled and ignored, i fell for their ploy but refused to surrender. it was my hope for salvation that pushed me further, ever further past my original goals. i needed reassurance yet my disparate pleading and yearning lead to naught but despair and disgust.

my view forever rejected, dismissed by all. my internal convictions lamented, my principles invalidated. i had neither strength nor will to continue, beaten aback by stoic, uncaring monstrosities. their wise words made me weary, they confirmed the undesirable truth. i ignored these cries and pledged to forget, but memory is not one so easily coerced. the seeds of doubt had been planted, seeds of enlightenment gestating, and so i had lost it all. the path to redemption was visible before me, a path rife with strife, ravaged, one not voyaged by me before. it was an unknown, a perplexity, i was offered a chance and a decision was forced upon me.

would i take it?

Chapter One end.

maybe more later you guys if you guys think it's as rad as i think it is.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2010, 08:00:25 pm by WhiskerMeister »

Huesoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Like yeah dude
    • View Profile
Re: Pablumistic Phantasmagoria
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2010, 04:46:57 pm »

I think its fucking amazing man, do your thing.  8)
BOTTLED MESSAGE BE AFLOAT

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2010, 08:03:37 pm »

Not bad, though I'm wondering about the title.

If it's pablum, why are you writing it?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

WhiskerMeister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2010, 08:08:19 pm »

Not bad, though I'm wondering about the title.

If it's pablum, why are you writing it?
pablumistic wasn't actually a word to my utter dismay (probably because pablum works just as well as an adjective 'that pablum argument' etc) so i sought to remedy this. beyond that i felt compelled to write, i guess? plus the alliteration made me warm and fuzzy inside.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2010, 08:21:00 pm »

^_^;;

Okay.  Well, good luck to you.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Supermikhail

• Bay Watcher
  • The Dwarf Of Steel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2010, 11:34:43 am »

Bump in case not abandoned.