Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: Worms Reloaded (Steam Players)  (Read 8217 times)

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Worms Reloaded (Steam Players)
« Reply #90 on: September 03, 2010, 04:54:24 pm »

I don't know man, It's a turn based game, having more than 4 teams makes waiting for your turn almost insufferable. More then 4 worms? Unless its wormpick mode in which it doesn't make much of a difference in other cases more worm = more badly placed worms = a hindrance.

Team Fortress 2 was designed and balanced for 24-player servers, so clearly 32-player servers should be banned; the game should prevent you entirely from running a server with more than 24.

TF2 was designed and balanced for 24-player servers, and that's all they had initially. Once demand rose for 32-player servers, they were formally added.

Worms Reloaded was designed and balanced for 4 worms per team, and the developers have officially stated that larger teams are something they are considering for the future.

The comparison is more valid than you'd think.  ;)

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 03, 2010, 09:26:44 pm »

it's just that it would be nice to have 8 worms for a 2-team match... that's how i usually did it in Armageddon. With more teams it makes more sense to have fewer worms.

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
« Reply #92 on: September 04, 2010, 11:30:22 am »

I had 8 teams with 3 worms each on WWP.

Anyway, apparently there was an update which I have yet to try. Guess what I'm gonna go and do?
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 04, 2010, 04:41:09 pm »

They didn't even release any update info did they? I was doing stuff and then it said "worms has finished downloading" ...
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]