Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 98

Author Topic: Fight to the death the second: Round two  (Read 77536 times)

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fight to the death the second: Round one: Static vs Raphael
« Reply #240 on: September 11, 2010, 11:38:18 am »

Winner: Razor

Razor wins as described above.

Next match: Alien VS Reisen

I accidentally edited this instead of quoting. winner was static.

Spoiler: tree (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 12, 2010, 01:10:27 pm by ed boy »

dwarfguy2

• Bay Watcher
  • Human Meta Knight... 0_o
    • View Profile
Re: Fight to the death the second: Round one: Vindicare Assassin vs Razor
« Reply #241 on: September 11, 2010, 11:40:59 am »

anthropomorphism and kung fu are no match for a huge gun in your hand, kid. assassin all the way.
Caution: This user may or may not be a horrible evil Elder God from the deepest regions of space. He also may or may not be a lawyer.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: September 11, 2010, 12:13:45 pm »

Antropomorphism, kung fu, powered glove capable of stopping anything short of a tank. To wit, the Glovatrix is equipped with:
  • Turboblades: Miniature flat cutting projectiles
  • Grappling claw: Standard grappling hook, except with a claw
  • Mini-Octopus missile: Grappling missile with enough thrust to push a person back (at least somewhat).
  • Buzzsaw blade: Your standard rotary cutting saw, used normally or ejected like a frisbee.
  • Mini plasma cutter: High-temperature plasma jet for cutting metal
  • Shield: Retractable stainless steel buckler-like device
  • Mini cement launcher: propels globs of quick-drying cement to distract or blind an enemy
  • Katscanner: detects warm-blooded lifeforms

Plus, it's essentially a steel gauntlet. Also, SWAT Kat helmets have IR vision, and they also wear deltapacks, which are collapsible gliders in the backpacks - though the latter are quite useless in a jungle. :)

Though despite all that, and me being a fan of the SWAT Kats, there's little Razor can do against a sniper. If he were to at least have the Cyclotron, he'd be able to close in and at least get some cover fire in. As it is, he'd be limited to navigating the jungle on his own two feet, and he has neither enough armor to withstand a sniper bullet, nor enough agility/precognition to evade one. The Katscanner could help, but if the Assassin can already see him, it won't be enough.

On the Assassin's side of the game, he is interfered with by the jungle, so his range won't be too great. Razor makes for a great target since his outfit is easy to spot, but he's very smart and may go for uncanny tactics if he's aware of his enemy. Aand that's about it. If Razor gets within his own weapons range, he has enough stopping power to incapacitate the Assassin until he's able to get close, at which point his martial arts come into play. But that's a big if. I don't know enough about vindicare assassins, can anyone provide insightful details?
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: September 11, 2010, 12:39:36 pm »

Well, from what I read about the vindicare assassin, he'll beat pretty much everyone in the game...You have Kung Fu? HEADSHOT! Revolvers? HEADSHOT! Swords? HEAAADSHOOOT

My only arguments against him is one, they are in a jungle-no clear line of fire for long range weapons. Only one shot, and razor knows where is. With his scanning tech, he might even find him beforehand. I'm also gonna state right here, I think his hand buckler could block ONE shot, center mass.

Two, he's a MOOK-an expendable, faceless enemy soldier. How often do those guys kill the heroes? eh, eh?!

Also, If this guy beats Razor, Roland is dead for sure. So i'm biased.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: September 11, 2010, 01:05:48 pm »

What must be remembered is that the article describing the Assassin is very likely based on Imperial-aligned fluff. Therefore, it's likely they're not even half as competent as claimed to be. At best, he'd be a well-equipped guardsman, which puts Razor on much better terms.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: September 11, 2010, 01:53:24 pm »

The advatages of the sniper rifle is that it allows for extremely high accuracy over a very long range - things like rate of fire would suffer greatly. This would make the jungle a very unsuitable location. I imagine that the assassin would therefore wait on the beach for razor to come. It would then be a matter of how long each one can wait without letting their guard down. The assassin is described as being able to keep up his vigil for days at a time. However, the situation will be different than normal. The supplies that he can bring with him are limited, and sitting on the beach he has no way to replenish them. Razor, on the other hand, will have the advantage in the jungle, and will have access to more supplies. Both have scanner equipment that allows them to keep track of the other through cover. Here's how I imagine it would go down (this is still open to change, though).

• Both contestants entere their doorways at opposite ends of the island
  • the assassin sets his rifle up and waits. Razor enter the jungle and searches it
  • eventually, they appear on each other's scanning device. Razor would wait behind cover on the edge of the jungle.
  • At this point, one of several things would happen. The assassin will have to leave his point and enter the jungle at some point, so he will choose when if he things it will go to his advantage. Similarly, Razor can leave the jungle and get close enough to use his weapons, but if he does it when the assassin is ready, he will be shot once he leaves cover.
    • Razor lets his guard down (falls asleep, etc). The assassin advances.
      • The assassin draws his pistol and kils Razor.
    • Razor does not let his guard down, but the assassin (be it by trickery or a wrong guess) thinks he has.
      • He approaches, but Razor is ready.
      • Razor kills the assassin
    • The assassin lets his guard down. Razor approaches.
      • Razor is able to approach without disturbing the assassin
      • the assassin is killed
    • The assassing does not let his guard down, but razor (be it by trickery or a wrong guess) thinks he has.
      • The assassin is ready when Razor leaves his cover
      • Razor is shot as soon as he is in the open
    • Neither combatant feels confident in advancing
      • Razor will be able to move around a bit while keeping track of the assassin. He can use this wiggle room to get food.
      • The assassin is weakened by lack of food and either dies of it or poses is unable to keep his guard up and Razor advances and kills him.
  • the victor leaves the island

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: September 11, 2010, 01:59:10 pm »

he has a melta pistol for close range which is just a crappy thing which shoots small plasma bolts and its quite unsuited for hand to hand combat which the assissin doesn't have i think

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: September 11, 2010, 02:03:38 pm »

Although his pistol will not be able to contend with an awake and alert Razor, a sleeping razor will killed without problem. It's not a melta pistol, either. from the equipment section in the link provided:
Vindicare Assassins are also issued high-powered Exitus Pistols for close-quarter work, if necessary.[/li][/list]

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: September 11, 2010, 02:11:58 pm »

Variant #Isnt-Gonna-Happen: Razor guides the Cyclotron up to the beach and takes the sniper out with a few missiles.

I don't remember any comparable situation in any episode of the SWAT Kats. Snipers really didn't appear there often, as well as any sort of mano-a-mano duels without vehicles involved. Their survival skills aren't emphasized, either, but I guess the grappling claw alone could net Razor some decent meals. And pertaining to his smarts, I can just see him invent a way to distract the sniper by ditching his suit and turning it, the deltapack, and some branches into a flying decoy of himself, which buys him just enough time to run up and give the assassin a faceful of cement, followed by whatever mode of killing he prefers. Which, by the way, isn't really touched upon in the series either - the 'kats tend to avoid killing whenever possible.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: September 11, 2010, 02:16:24 pm »

Well, what would determine which situation happens is the endurance, cunning, and perceptivity of the two contenders.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: September 11, 2010, 02:54:39 pm »

Perceptivity: Both have that through the roof, one being a trained sniper, the other being a highly experienced feline vigilante crimefighter. Endurance: Pretty equal I'd say, with assassin's training being offset by his limited resources, and Razor's relatively low experience in wilderness survival offset by his highly versatile equipment and natural inclination towards hunting et al. Cunning: Razor is at a major advantage here. Cunning is what he does for a living, more or less. "Just crazy enough to work" is more or less his motto, he always comes up with nonstandard approaches to solve a problem when normal ways are inapplicable. The Assassin, however, is limited in strategy and has only one way of fighting. Trained to wait for his target, he will do that as long as he is able to, giving Razor ample opportunity to outsmart him.

By those criteria, Razor wins. :)

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: September 11, 2010, 06:35:33 pm »

Given the emphasis placed upon waiting for the perfect shot, I am not convinced that assassins are all that skilled at hitting a moving target, which is difficult at range if their movement is unpredictable, and if the bullet has any travel time to consider. And at close range motion is relatively much more pronounced. If Razor can detect the assassin, then I very much doubt that the rifle will decide the match...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: September 11, 2010, 07:28:57 pm »

"Vinny", as I will now call the Vindicare Assassin, probably has learned how to lead someone that's running. With enough practice, you can shoot anyone that's moving at a relatively constant speed.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fight to the death the second: Round one: Alien vs Reisen
« Reply #253 on: September 12, 2010, 01:09:26 pm »

Winner: Alien

If both are unwilling to actively engage in combat, then there will not be a tie. Instead, the match will continue until one of them dies (even if it ends up being old age). Reisen will need to sleep at some point, and it seems that the alien will be able to use that moment to strike.

Next match: Youmu Konpaku VS Xigbar

Spoiler: tree (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 13, 2010, 04:00:10 pm by ed boy »

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
Re: Fight to the death the second: Round one: Alien vs Reisen
« Reply #254 on: September 12, 2010, 01:10:44 pm »

I'm sorry, but organic-feasting xenomorph defeats little girl that's not a little girl with the ability to speak to rabbits. I don't think I even need to explain this one.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 98