Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 98

Author Topic: Fight to the death the second: Round two  (Read 77398 times)

HailFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fight to the death the second: Round one: Alien vs Reisen
« Reply #255 on: September 12, 2010, 01:21:25 pm »

Fortunately, CJ obviously doesn't know a damn thing about Reisen.

First and foremost, she can fly, which gives her an immediate advantage over the Alien, who has limited ranged capabilities.

Secondly, she has the power to manipulate light and sound waves, meaning that as long as she keeps enough distance between her and it that it can't track her by smell, she can use illusions to evade, confuse, and lure the Alien where she wants it.

Thirdly, she has laser eyebeams, magical artillery, and poison gas, and even if those don't work, she's also a competent rifleman from her training in the Lunarian Defense Corps.
[22:59] <apotheoseGrifter> COMMIT SUDOKU ALL NIGHT LONG FUCK YEAH
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am here.
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am always here.
[18:15] <The_Gamemaster> I have always been here, and I always will be here. I am the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end.

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: September 12, 2010, 01:22:21 pm »

But you forgot one thing aliens LIKE spaces like jungles and to get him you must go into the jungle also where he will rip you apart

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: September 12, 2010, 01:22:59 pm »

Fortunately, CJ obviously doesn't know a damn thing about Reisen.

First and foremost, she can fly, which gives her an immediate advantage over the Alien, who has limited ranged capabilities.

Secondly, she has the power to manipulate light and sound waves, meaning that as long as she keeps enough distance between her and it that it can't track her by smell, she can use illusions to evade, confuse, and lure the Alien where she wants it.

Thirdly, she has laser eyebeams, magical artillery, and poison gas, and even if those don't work, she's also a competent rifleman from her training in the Lunarian Defense Corps.

Isn't that a bit op? She can fly to a safe height and start bomabrding anyone

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: September 12, 2010, 01:25:46 pm »

One question, is this the Alien Warrior that commonly attacks Colonial Marines, or the Alien Drone, the one from the First alien movie, with it's acid spitting attack?

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: September 12, 2010, 01:30:48 pm »

From what I read, the Alien would probably win. Its jaws can crush bone and metal, so it could burrow under that mountain and wait for Reisen to show up if it needed to.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

HailFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: September 12, 2010, 01:36:07 pm »

From what I read, the Alien would probably win. Its jaws can crush bone and metal, so it could burrow under that mountain and wait for Reisen to show up if it needed to.

The way I see it, it'd very much be a game of cat and mouse, with the exception that Reisen's the cat- flight gives her superior mobility, meaning she can get whatever provisions she needs, and if the Alien hunkers down to wait, she can use an illusionary clone to lure it out of hiding, or simply gas it out.
[18:15] <The_Gamemaster> I have always been here, and I always will be here. I am the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end.

eclipsetail

• Bay Watcher
  • [HIGH_FIVES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: September 12, 2010, 01:37:47 pm »

The way I see it, it'd very much be a game of cat and mouse, with the exception that Reisen's the cat- flight gives her superior mobility, meaning she can get whatever provisions she needs, and if the Alien hunkers down to wait, she can use an illusionary clone to lure it out of hiding, or simply gas it out.

The flying is starting to sound a little OP...

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: September 12, 2010, 01:38:34 pm »

Considering the Alein seems to be wriggling in Space for a long time without dieing, I doubt gas would do much.
And I'm asking which type of Alien it is, Praetorian? Drone? Warrior? A fecking Queen?

HailFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: September 12, 2010, 01:49:06 pm »

The flying is starting to sound a little OP...

Well, just about everyone in Gensokyo that isn't a bog-standard human can fly.  :P (Youmu can also fly, though she specializes in melee combat)

Also, there are several others in the roster that have magic or ranged weapons (Though her illusion powers could make her a lot harder to hit. Also, Marx can fly). Consider as well that she doesn't have super vision, so she has to maintain a reasonable altitude to actually hit anything.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: September 12, 2010, 01:55:17 pm »

Here's a better link for Kikaida, as it has descriptions of abilities instead of a plot summary.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: September 12, 2010, 01:57:59 pm »

The issue with the xenomorphs is that they have limited intelligence.
It would focus too much on destroying Reisen as a threat to its species, becoming very easy to lure and subsequently destroy.
And then you've got the fact that there's only one of them.
Personally, I think all but the most stupid of the contestants could beat this thing.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: September 12, 2010, 02:03:55 pm »

It would focus too much on destroying Reisen as a threat to its species, becoming very easy to lure and subsequently destroy.
Personally, I think all but the most stupid of the contestants could beat this thing.
You seem to forget that its blood can burn through metal, and they can operate spaceships. They're not that dumb, and they're not that easy to kill.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: September 12, 2010, 02:11:15 pm »

You seem to forget that its blood can burn through metal, and they can operate spaceships. They're not that dumb, and they're not that easy to kill.

LIMITED??!?! in of of the movies the alien NOTICES that railee or whatever she is called (forgot name) wants to blow up the ship and hides in a pod in which she wants to escape. And i red the article again and it says that both in alien 3 and Alien Resurrection the adults (meaning any alien) can spit acid which can melt. and in the films the also i think have the ability to leap. As for alien type i had in my mind , No queen or drone. So either a preatorian or Alien warrior but could anybody clarifiy the difference here?

Edit: as for the intelligence they are extreme good at observating and solving problems to acces their target

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: September 12, 2010, 02:33:09 pm »

The only thing I have to add here is about the Alien-it will be very intelligent.  If there is no queen to control a drone, it rapidly evolves independance and I think, becomes a queen itself. Probably not in the time frame here, but you get the idea. Explains how in the first and 3rd movies, the singular alien slaughtered many times it's number and began to make a new nest, while in the 2nd they just zerged into the marines auto cannons.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: September 12, 2010, 03:06:26 pm »

but lets keep it to a piont where the alien DOESNT evolve into a queen
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 98