Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 98

Author Topic: Fight to the death the second: Round two  (Read 76015 times)

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
Re: Fight to the death the second: Round one: Barney VS A guardian naga
« Reply #300 on: September 15, 2010, 06:07:04 am »

Am I the only one who sees a tiny typo in ed boy's post? Like, the fact that it refers to Alien and Reisen, but the winner is Youmu Konpaku?

I mean, really:
Winner: Youmu Konpaku

If both are unwilling to actively engage in combat, then there will not be a tie. Instead, the match will continue until one of them dies (even if it ends up being old age). Reisen will need to sleep at some point, and it seems that the alien will be able to use that moment to strike.

Next match:Barney the dinosaur VS A guardian naga

Spoiler: tree (click to show/hide)

Also, does anyone have access to one of the ultra-realistic pictures of barney? Ive been trying to find something like this or this, but for barney.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: September 15, 2010, 06:12:48 am »

¬words¬
You seem to forget something, though. Do you remember the jurassic park movies, where the dinosaurs chase down the humans with ruthless efficiency and amazing cunning? Barney puts them all to shame.

Barney does not just posesses the bloodthirsty and ferocious body of a dinosaur, but he posesses a mind that is no doubt far beyond any human one. Despite being a perfectly honed beast of unimaginable carnage, he has managed to insert himself into our society so deeply and skillfully that generations of children are being indoctrinated by him and his ways.

He has also been observed to use tools in the past - this is a very major point in his favour. It would certainly be within his abilities to accquire an assault rifle, body armour and a myriad of other armaments.

Am I the only one who sees a tiny typo in ed boy's post? Like, the fact that it refers to Alien and Reisen, but the winner is Youmu Konpaku?

I mean, really:
Winner: Youmu Konpaku

If both are unwilling to actively engage in combat, then there will not be a tie. Instead, the match will continue until one of them dies (even if it ends up being old age). Reisen will need to sleep at some point, and it seems that the alien will be able to use that moment to strike.

Next match:Barney the dinosaur VS A guardian naga

Spoiler: tree (click to show/hide)

Also, does anyone have access to one of the ultra-realistic pictures of barney? Ive been trying to find something like this or this, but for barney.

I made a bit of an error there. I tried to save time by quoting the previous post and chainging the relevant details and removing the quote tags. However, I hit the modify button instead of the quote one, and modified the last post. I then realised what I had done, quoted that one, removed the quote tags and posted it. I kept the subject line of the old post, though.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: September 15, 2010, 06:14:56 am »

You still kept the text about Reisen and Alien though. Can we see a detalization of why Youmu won?
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: September 15, 2010, 06:26:46 am »

Barney is a dinosaur, which has been an extinct species for, what, 65 million years? So in the absence of any other dinosaurs, Barney must have -
I. love. you.
You. love. me.
We're a hap-py fam-il-y.

-been alive all that time. If a dragon was that old, it would have advanced some-
I. love. you.
You. love. me.
We're a hap-py fam-il-y.

- 325 thousand age categories, and we can only assume that an intelligent, immortal dinosaur would advance in a similar fashion. making a conservative estimate of -
I. love. you.
You. love. me.
We're a hap-py fam-il-y.

-one hit die per age category, and an advancement rate one tenth that of a dragon it would still have -
I. love. you.
You. love. me.
We're a hap-py fam-il-y.

-over ten thousand hit dice, granting it abundant feats to enhance its obvious choice of attack, which is singing. Given -
I. love. you.
You. love. me.
We're a hap-py fam-il-y.

-its skill points, and the fact that its hit dice would enhance the DC of its songs, I can only imagine that it could compel an entire planet to do whatever it wanted, just by singing at them...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: September 15, 2010, 06:31:13 am »

You are not going to convince me that some silly pink suit is going to beat -
I. love. you.
You. love. me.
We're a hap-py fam-il-y.

-a disciplined, intelligent snake that can spit a contact venom so deadly that it could kill a rag-
I. love. you.
You. love. me.
We're a hap-py fam-il-y.

-ing dwarven barbarian with a single shot. Add in an invisibility spell an-
I. love. you.
You. love. me.
We're a hap-py fam-il-y.

-d it is a foregone conclusion. Besides, if it was really that strong then it would be disqualified!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: September 15, 2010, 08:13:22 am »

I think that the guardian naga's snakelike body would allow it to crush the life out of Barney, even with his weighty build.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: September 15, 2010, 04:10:35 pm »

You still kept the text about Reisen and Alien though. Can we see a detalization of why Youmu won?
Done - I put it in the previous post.

¬applies DnD rules¬
We don't do that here.

HailFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: September 15, 2010, 04:17:30 pm »

¬applies DnD rules¬
We don't do that here.

It was a joke, obviously.  :P

The naga eats Barney. Next!
[22:59] <apotheoseGrifter> COMMIT SUDOKU ALL NIGHT LONG FUCK YEAH
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am here.
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am always here.
[18:15] <The_Gamemaster> I have always been here, and I always will be here. I am the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: September 15, 2010, 04:54:36 pm »

It's quite simple. The naga will be marching through the forest, hacking down trees as it searches for its prey. A twig snaps in the distance. The snakelike horror twists around, searching for the source of the noise. It finds nothing. The hunt continues further, and the snapping comes again. Not to be deterred, the naga pursues after it, determined to end the life of whatever creature it may hunt. Too late he realizes what has happened: He has been led into a large valley, rocky walls blocking off all entryways save the way he came. Above him, a pebble falls and hits his head.

"Clever girl..." It hisses. A purple shadow streaks from above, and a horrible gurgling noise. Then silence.

Winner: Barney the Dinosaur.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: September 16, 2010, 01:13:11 pm »

If we take barney as man-in-suit, then the naga wins without a problem.
If we take barney as ultra-intelligent-dinosaur, then I'm going to give it to barney - the naga's spells have a duration of less than a minute, and it needs a long while of resting to recharge them. Barney, as an ultra-intelligent dinosaur, can trick the naga into wasting its spells and then use a combination of natural abilities and modern weaponry to kill the naga.

So shall we take barney as a man in a suit, or an ultra-intelligent dinosaur?

eclipsetail

• Bay Watcher
  • [HIGH_FIVES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: September 16, 2010, 01:41:28 pm »

We should take barney as what barney actually is.

A man in a suit that can make random child toys appear wherever he wants.

Why are we even talking about this?  :P
The abovious winner is Barney.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: September 16, 2010, 05:42:26 pm »

The naga can stay invisible for 4 minutes, can move twice as fast as a human for 5 minutes. And can spit a really really toxic venom that just has to touch someone, while it is invisible. Not to mention that its physical and mental abilities make it a champion in almost every field. I am not convinced that an intelligent dinosaur necessarily has this one in the bag...
Read the First Post!

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: September 16, 2010, 05:58:07 pm »

The naga can stay invisible for 4 minutes
Nope. One round(6secs)/level, casts as a lvl 9 sorceror.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: September 16, 2010, 06:21:00 pm »

And it can cast it 5 times
Read the First Post!

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: September 16, 2010, 09:53:31 pm »

Barney, were he a real dinosaur, would still be horrible.
He is not a raptor, he's a tyrannosaurus rex.
T. Rex probably had a top speed of around 18kmh/11mph, based on its legs.
It's also likely that they were scavengers, and not hunters.
And then, Barney's not even a fully-grown one, being only a little bigger than a normal human.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 98