Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: hey ^^  (Read 557 times)

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • You can't spell slaughter without laughter!
    • View Profile
hey ^^
« on: September 30, 2010, 06:07:23 am »

Hey im kinda new and was just wondering how do i update my dwarf fortress but keep all my saves and tile-set, because im using maydays tile-set cause i can get on with the normal dwarf fortress graphics :P. any help is welcomed and thanks in advanced :).

also hoping to become a welcome member of the community and shall be posting  a lot more :), dwarf fortress is one of the best goddamn games i have ever seen so much micromanagement i love it :)
He must be running 3.5 abacuses of RAM

Jar of Jam

• Bay Watcher
  • [ITEM_FOOD:ITEM_FOOD_JAM]
    • View Profile
Re: hey ^^
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2010, 06:18:04 am »

There are instructions on the Mayday's site:
Pre-steps: Presumably, download the latest Mayday's DFG and unpack it somewhere.
After you copy your df_31_**/data/save folder to a new version of DFG, do this:
1) delete data/save/region***/raw/ (the whole folder!)
2) copy /raw/ from the main DFG folder into your data/save/region***/ folder

ZhangC1459

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2010, 06:24:54 am »

Hey im kinda new and was just wondering how do i update my dwarf fortress but keep all my saves and tile-set, because im using maydays tile-set cause i can get on with the normal dwarf fortress graphics :P. any help is welcomed and thanks in advanced :).

also hoping to become a welcome member of the community and shall be posting  a lot more :), dwarf fortress is one of the best goddamn games i have ever seen so much micromanagement i love it :)

I'm pretty sure there's a save updater utility, the link of which escapes me at this moment.

As for the tile-set, what Jar said

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2010, 06:44:21 am »

Just to remind you but there are sometimes issues when using a save game from a world generated on an older version of the game.

The change log for the current version mentions a rock that it shouldn't be possibly to mine but now is on old worlds. New worlds of course won't have this problem. Everything else probably works okay though.
Its like playing god with sentient legos. - They Got Leader
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • You can't spell slaughter without laughter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2010, 06:48:37 am »

bleah thanks for the help :) i just checked maydays website and he has the latest version of dwarf fortress so its ok... i thought they did not update the tile sets very often :P but that for your help :), just start from scratch :P
He must be running 3.5 abacuses of RAM