Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Today's pedantic bugbear.  (Read 2369 times)

devek

• Bay Watcher
  • [KILL_EVERYTHING]
    • View Profile
Re: Today's pedantic bugbear.
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2010, 01:09:48 pm »

If their mom died or something they would be total assholes not to take the day off, or they are lying and would take the day off. Either way, if you are 24/7 you are just telling people that you are a lying douche who doesn't have or care about your family.

That is why I say that I provide "quick turnaround."

No one cares how much I work, they care how long they have to wait. I would rather a guy who is 8/5 get the job done quickly, than some meth addict take forever just to screw the job up in the end anyway.

"Why do people rebuild things that they know are going to be destroyed? Why do people cling to life when they know they can't live forever?"

Virex

• Bay Watcher
  • Subjects interest attracted. Annalyses pending...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2010, 03:20:09 pm »

If their mom died or something they would be total assholes not to take the day off, or they are lying and would take the day off.
Protip: Most companies hire a bit over the bare minimum to cover those cases.

devek

• Bay Watcher
  • [KILL_EVERYTHING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2010, 03:22:26 pm »

So when my buddy's mom who works with me dies, I can't be there at his funeral for him?

What an unloving workplace. :P
"Why do people rebuild things that they know are going to be destroyed? Why do people cling to life when they know they can't live forever?"

Virex

• Bay Watcher
  • Subjects interest attracted. Annalyses pending...
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2010, 03:30:34 pm »

You'd better get used to it, you're not getting free in such a situation unless you can find a replacement, you're on very good footing with your chef or you've got a pretty high position in the company.

Nikov

• Bay Watcher
  • Riverend's Flame-beater of Earth-Wounders
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2010, 04:20:28 pm »

Perhaps its referring to calendar days as opposed to astronomical days, in which case there are exactly 365 days in a year, save leap years.

... Why am I responding to this anyway.
I should probably have my head checked, because I find myself in complete agreement with Nikov.
Pages: 1 [2]