Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 15

Author Topic: The human race needs a mega-project.  (Read 29393 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: The human race needs a mega-project.
« Reply #105 on: September 07, 2010, 10:07:35 pm »

If we tried to unite and take over the world, all of us would try to sabatoge each other to ensure we could create our ideal utopias. By the end we'd all have a bunch of crazy resource gathering mechanical worms trying to gather everything left on Earth. In short, we all have too much overall mastermind, and then Toady would ban everyone, causing the plan to fall apart.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

nbonaparte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 07, 2010, 10:13:00 pm »

Somehow I think DF players taking over the world is a bad idea.
A service to the forum: clowns=demons, cotton candy=adamantine, clown car=adamantine tube, circus=hell, circus tent=demonic fortress.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #107 on: September 07, 2010, 10:15:45 pm »

I have an idea to make and retain world peace. A common goal, a MEGABEAST. We need one rampant across the world with everyone united in taking an invincible thing out.

We must build ourselves a bronze colossus. Nobody would ever think to throw a bunny at it's head.

SolarShado

• Bay Watcher
  • Psi-Blade => Your Back
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 07, 2010, 10:16:32 pm »

From the Launch Loop page I found the Orbital Ring page. On it I found another awesome idea...

the concept of "supramundane worlds" such as supra-jovian and supra-stellar "planets". These are artificial planets that would be supported by a grid of orbital rings that would be positioned above a planet, supergiant or even a star.

Build a ring around a planet/star, then hang platforms from the ring.... o.m.f.g... how have I never come across this idea before!?!?

it could be a ringworld, space elevator(s) and dyson sphere all in one stupidly massive construction...

mind = blown
Avid (rabid?) Linux user. Preferred flavor: Arch

atomicwinter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 07, 2010, 10:16:36 pm »

Somehow I think DF players taking over the world is a bad idea.
Whats the worst that could happen? The kidnapping, harvesting, growing, and genocide of mermaids just for their bones?

Beeskee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 07, 2010, 10:23:30 pm »

Not on the list: Something a T3+ civ could do would be to spin up a black hole to expose the singularity and then harvest photons and gravitational energy from it.

Edit: Yes it's from Schlock Mercenary. :D
« Last Edit: September 07, 2010, 10:25:42 pm by Beeskee »
When a wizard is tired of looking for broken glass in his dinner, he is tired of life.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 07, 2010, 10:23:49 pm »

We'd have to genetically combine fish and humans to create mermaids first, and THEN harvest them for their bones.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 07, 2010, 10:28:05 pm »

And then somehow justify it to the public. Anyone else remember the Illuminati card game? We could so make a custom conspiracy for Bay 12. The name even kind of sounds like a secret society!
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 07, 2010, 10:28:32 pm »

Not on the list: Something a T3+ civ could do would be to spin up a black hole to expose the singularity and then harvest photons and gravitational energy from it.

What about the Buuthandi? I think we could do one of those up nicely.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

SolarShado

• Bay Watcher
  • Psi-Blade => Your Back
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 07, 2010, 10:29:30 pm »

I've heard about the spinning black hole thing, but I've never really heard much about the properties of the resulting naked singularity... I imagine it'd still be black itself, probably with an extremely mind-fucky gravitational-lens effect surrounding it....

Very cool idea, not sure why you'd harvest photons from it though... they're not too hard to come by :)
Avid (rabid?) Linux user. Preferred flavor: Arch

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 07, 2010, 10:30:46 pm »

TuRn ThE sUn InTo A iCe GiAnT bRo, MoThErFuCkInG mIrAcLeS.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

The Doctor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 07, 2010, 10:38:28 pm »

Yeah but then they all rush out of their fortress of doom when the nations of Earth attack them, because there's a giant mole inside..

Plus, those guys have great socks, ya know?

atomicwinter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 07, 2010, 10:39:33 pm »

How about we turn the Earth inside out so its like core, mantle, crust instead of the opposite :O

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 07, 2010, 10:45:36 pm »

TuRn ThE sUn InTo A iCe GiAnT iCe CrEaM cOnE bRo, MoThErFuCkInG mIrAcLeS.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 07, 2010, 10:46:46 pm »

Go back in time, recurse like mother fuckers.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 15