Finally... > General Discussion

Out of context and funny quotes thread. 15000 posts and still chugging.

(1/3378) > >>

Dermonster:
Quotes!Generally speaking, there are a lot of quotes that are gut-bustingly hilarious, that we don't get to see. Post them here. Rules in the Original post are to be followed.
--- Quote from: MaximumZero on January 15, 2012, 11:14:13 pm ---I think the spirit of the thread lies more along the lines of, "Did this thing from the forums make you WTF in a good way? Would it make other people WTF in a good way? Would you sig it if you had space? If so, post it here!"
--- End quote ---
^ A good summary. Not a total guideline though.
ATTENTION!
There are to be no quotes specifically involving the crotch/ass region solely because it involves the region. This results in an angry Derm, an angrier ToadyOne, and a locked thread. Nobody wants that. So keep your fetishistic crap to yourself.
I did not even notice that pun.
Original post
Spoiler (click to show/hide)Whether it's funny, freudian, or frightening, there is a goldmine of entertainment in these forums that goes largely unnoticed due to the way it becomes lost among the context of the discussion. Or it becomes undiscovered due to being lost in a sig or thread nobody reads. The purpose of this thread is to compile the unintentional, odd, or just really funny and weird things we say when that context is removed. Anyone can contribute, but they must do so under the following rules:

1. You must quote the original post using that post's quote button. It's towards the top right corner of every post. The reason for this rule is so that people can easily find the original discussion that the quote came from if they want to read it within context. It's also a good way of letting everyone know who made the original post.

2. You must post only one whole excerpt per quote. I don't mind if you have to trim the top or bottom from a post as long as whatever you quote is an unbroken passage. It's too easy to find a long post and edit out every word except "...I...eat...socks...". It's also not funny at all and goes against the purpose of this thread.

3. No discussion, only contributions. Discussion can clutter up or derail a thread like this one, with the added annoyance of removing the mystery behind the out-of-context quotes. So please, if you must discuss, take it to another thread. This doesn't mean that you can't introduce or comment on a quote, though, as long as you do so when you're quoting it.

4. Make sure that what you're quoting is actually without context. I shouldn't have to mention this rule, since it's in the bloody thread title. Still, a fair few of you guys are simply quoting whole passages of conversation where it's immediately apparent what the original posters were talking about. For instance: a guy talking about his duck in the middle of a discussion is still a guy talking about his duck when taken out of context. This is not a thread for random quotes about some guy's duck. Start your own duck-loving thread for that.

5. Don't quote yourself. Seriously, that's a really stupid thing to do. Pull your head out of your ass.

6. Quotes from different website forums are accepted. As are quotes taken from a chat room, livestream and such, as long as they are reasonable short. You must, however, attempt to include the source.\

AUXILLARY/TL;DR RULES:
1. Keep it short.
2. Nothing vulgar for the sake of vulgar.
3. Keep it readable. Translate the leetspeak or don't post it.

Heron TSG:

--- Quote from: dermonster on September 06, 2010, 05:02:46 pm ---"...I...eat...socks..."
--- End quote ---

G-Flex:
Noting the irony right now of stating a "no discussion" guideline in the OP of a thread which is then moved to General Discussion. Not really making a point here, I just thought it was funny.

ToonyMan:

--- Quote from: G-Flex on September 06, 2010, 05:07:24 pm ---Noting the irony right now of stating a "no discussion" guideline in the OP of a thread which is then moved to General Discussion. Not really making a point here, I just thought it was funny.

--- End quote ---
Don't worry G-Flex, we already know your pain.

Here's something that was posted in the last out of context thread,

--- Quote from: Duke 2.0 on June 16, 2009, 08:24:48 pm ---Why don't you LIGHT YOUR HANDS ON FIRE AND PUNCH THE 'COON TO DEATH.

--- End quote ---

MetalSlimeHunt:

--- Quote from: RAM on June 25, 2010, 01:03:10 am ---Joe Lieberman runs the South American wing of the Taliban.

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version