Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 908 909 [910] 911 912 ... 1126

Author Topic: Out of context and funny quotes thread. 15000 posts and still chugging.  (Read 1538013 times)

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile

Someone:"This is why I love Irish class, we just sit around and talk about stuff."
Teacher:"Ah, no we don't."
SOMEONE ELSE:"Sure we do, miss, right now we're just sittin' around talkin' abouut slappin' kids."
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile

Someone:"This is why I love Irish class, we just sit around and talk about stuff."

What does Irish class actually entail?

Learning about the country's history, its culture, the language (though that'd probably be Gaelic class, now that I think about it), the differences between it and Scotland?

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile

It's probably pretty general, considering he's from Ireland.
The equivalent of the English classes I had in school would be my guess. Although that is a good point, since those classes were mostly based around language-related topics... maybe they just couldn't bear to have a class called "English" taught in their schools? :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile

My "English" classes were mostly actually lit classes, where we read English-language poems, novels and plays, discussed their context and style, etc. rather than just learning pointless grammar tricks all day.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile

What does Irish class actually entail?

Learning about the country's history, its culture, the language (though that'd probably be Gaelic class, now that I think about it), the differences between it and Scotland?
The language. It's almost entirely dead, even inside the actual nation.
History classes have all of the history and culture of Ireland. We learn about all of what happened to ireland in history, but very little outside of that.
My Irish teacher is great, though, since she's the on,y teacher in the school who doesn't give out to you if you talk back.
Instead, she continues the back talking.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

My "English" classes were mostly actually lit classes, where we read English-language poems, novels and plays, discussed their context and style, etc. rather than just learning pointless grammar tricks all day.
My Eng lit classes were mostly esoteric philosophy, extreme politics and top level banter
Contemporary English is a bad language to learn grammar in anyways, as it is so dodgy. Better to learn grammar from a foreign romance language, or a dead language like Latin, or even older forms of English, applying that to modern English. Wouldn't say it's pointless either, how authors use their grammar tricks is very important to style, and context is important but secondary I think, to text

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile

everyone know that the best kind of english is cormac mccarthys english as it is the most natural and its not like punctuations and proper sentence structure makes things easier to understand i mean why use normal english when your readers can feel smarter just from seeing your style which rotate like an orange on a rotunda as the sea screams for its lost sparrows wait i meant to do cormac mccarthy why do i now sound like lordslowpoke is lsp actually mccarthy illuminati confirmed
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile

Cinder confirmed as Markov Chain generator.

Aedel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

newspeak doubleplusgood form oldspeak
GENERATION 18: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Blucifer: Whenever I talk to you it's like talking to flufflepuff and a temmie mixed together with cuddles.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile

Well, you can pry my linguistic freedom from my cold dead hands.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile

Quote from: A Friend
Times New Roman will come into your life and steal your wife and kids! Georgia will respect your boundaries!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile

Quote from: A Friend
damn gotta have a big booty to hold a human skull like that

Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile

Behold.
Edit:
« Last Edit: May 13, 2017, 12:30:04 pm by H4zardZ1 »
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile

Behold.

How good is that game anyway?

The block by block building system always intimidated me away.

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile

How good is that game anyway?

The block by block building system always intimidated me away.
It was fununtiladdictionloopmovesmeintoadifferentgameanyway. AI concept which i liked drawn me in, ship building and then i learned that is a RTS game(and learning how to play it and failed).
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things
Pages: 1 ... 908 909 [910] 911 912 ... 1126