Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: A road to self improvement(hopefully)  (Read 3045 times)

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
A road to self improvement(hopefully)
« on: September 08, 2010, 05:23:40 am »

I should have started this some weeks ago, was rather lazy about it.What is this i hear you ask, well this is a thread for me (and others if they so wish) to try and improve ourselves, this is how it will work, forumites will give us weekly tasks, and by tasks i mean artstuff, i will be taking five orders a week, first five posts containing orders will be done.Hopefully you guys will be somewhat reasonable so you won't get me to draw penises and stuff like that, also i would really like to have some reference when doing the stuff.
Once a week i was given the tasks in i shall post them here, then you comment and criticize, and please don't hold back, if you can make me cry, do so.Then when that is over i get another batch of orders and do them for the next week and so on.This should help me by giving me some point of reference so i can feel my progress and it should make stick to the schedule because there is something keeping track of it.

So gentlemen(and ladies) let the hell begin :)
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A road to self improvement(hopefully)
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2010, 05:38:42 am »

So, this is like an art request thread/megathread?

If I understand the premise correctly, I request Batman jump-kicking Kefka Palazzo. In watercolours. Now go forth, an improve yourself.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2010, 05:40:10 am »

I'd like a robot with flamethrowers. If you can, make it look intimidating and awe-inspiring.

Nah, not silly now is it?

Virex

• Bay Watcher
  • Subjects interest attracted. Annalyses pending...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2010, 06:17:13 am »

Hopefully you guys will be somewhat reasonable so you won't get me to draw penises and stuff like that, also i would really like to have some reference when doing the stuff.

You do realize that putting those two things in that order will probably net you something that doesn't adhere to the first request but respects the second? :P

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2010, 06:19:28 am »

Hopefully you guys will be somewhat reasonable so you won't get me to draw penises and stuff like that, also i would really like to have some reference when doing the stuff.
You do realize that putting those two things in that order will probably net you something that doesn't adhere to the first request but respects the second? :P

Hey, are you looking at me? I payed my dues when it comes to art request threads man, I payed my dues.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2010, 08:35:26 am »

OOooooh! A request theaed not full yet!!! MOAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

I request a battle between a demon of Gnashing and a demon of Purification taking place in a http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlUMRMpLzRo&feature=related made from stainless steel in the red light of a dying sun. In fish eye perspective with high saturation colours.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Little

• Bay Watcher
  • IN SOVIET RUSSIA, LITTLE IS YOU!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2010, 06:44:37 pm »

Could I have a pic of Lenin, Stalin, Trotsky and Marx duking it out in an epic battle?
Blizzard is managed by dark sorcerers, and probably have enough money to bail-out the federal government.

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2010, 07:38:42 pm »

Gilgamesh whooping some PC ass. FF 5 Gilgamesh, I mean. I don't care if he's transformed or not.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2010, 06:11:32 am »

Why does everyone want battles.Anyway Armoks idea is the most awesome yet, but that didn't stop me from doing SHADOW's first, i guess robots will always be my favourite :)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Some backstory, the RW-7 Prometheus was a rebellion design, the original series RW-6 were a product of Yamagato industries, intended for heavy mining and construction operations.By the time the civil war started these robots were very widespread and in everyday use, what rebel engineers did was rather ingenius, they took a mining robot which was allready extremley resilient, slapped some armour on it, added the fuel tanks and replaced it's arms with fire gauntlets, able to cover large areas in flames the Prometheus was wildly succesfull in urban warfare, often used for suppression and clearing out buildings.But with energy weapons becoming more dominant in the later stages of war the unit was renderd almost useless since it could hardly damage some of the heavier vehicles and infrantry could easily snipe them off with AT laser weaponry.

"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2010, 08:54:24 am »

Ho-lay-shite... That is WAAAY better than I anticipated.

You got skill man.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2010, 10:57:01 am »

Niiiice!

The white missed spots are annoying thou, and having brushstrokes being that visible dosn't fit with the rest of the style somehow. Otherwise really good.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2010, 10:58:35 am »

Ho-lay-shite... That is WAAAY better than I anticipated.

You got skill man.
This.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Red Fortune

• Bay Watcher
  • [ALWAYS_CONFUSED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2010, 04:13:10 pm »

Alright then, people! LET'S GET THIS SHIT GOING.

(Yes. Posted this in Engravers too)
This is the starting point for my improvement. I may take requests but if nobody wants anything of mine I will just post stuff I do in here and keep track, seeing if I have improved, making comparisons etc.
"These humans only worship one god. Can you believe it?"
"Man, if I had to decide between the god of magma and the god of rubies, I just don't think I could handle it."

Red Fortune

• Bay Watcher
  • [ALWAYS_CONFUSED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2010, 04:17:26 pm »

*awsum robut*
If you want one thing to improve on with robots (I know you love drawing them) that is somewhat easy to work on, then work on CONTRAST. Metal is all about high contrast, any area that's not getting hit directly by the light source is either very dark or reflecting something being hit by the light source. Basically, just make very SHARP transitions from light to shadow and make them very light and very dark.
"These humans only worship one god. Can you believe it?"
"Man, if I had to decide between the god of magma and the god of rubies, I just don't think I could handle it."

Flaming Dorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh No Indian!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2010, 06:50:34 pm »

Niiice.

EDIT: Jopax, think I could use that sweet robot picture of yours in a little game I'm writing? It's a homebrew thing, so it's not gonna leave my house for any reason. I'd credit you too, obviously.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2010, 06:53:38 pm by Flaming Dorf »
[PERMITTED_JOINT:100] (It's a maximum number per day. This is the elven setting)
Pages: [1] 2