Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Zafalduthnur (Airguard)  (Read 6883 times)

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
  • Cant resist... must edit post.
    • View Profile
Re: Zafalduthnur (Airguard)
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2010, 07:24:57 pm »

GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I wish my grass was emo, then it would cut itself.
Quote from: Jesus
Quote from: The Big Fat Carp
Jesus, you broke the site!
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

Labs

• Bay Watcher
  • This aggresion will not stand, man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2010, 07:51:31 pm »

Bumppity bump bump bump. I know I'll get back to this very soon. My power was out for most of today so I'm in a bit of a writing mood. Expect an update if I don't procrastinate or get distracted.
I like to slip into bear caves around midnight and gently caress the carnivore inside before leaving a small cut of fresh fish and sneaking out.

Labs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2010, 10:23:22 pm »

I got a bit sidetracked, update took longer than expected. Might go off to bed now. If I don't respond soon, my power probably went out. That, or I was attacked by rabid spider monkeys.

As soon as the formations were out of sight, Rigoth and Lor sped out of the cavern back down the corridor. The pair made it back to the central stairway and half stumbled, half hopped down the many flights. When they reached the trade level, they ran back to the depot, hitched the mules to the wagon, and hopped in. Rigoth motioned towards a dwarf who was lounging by their depot and he nodded and took up a position near the entrance. As Lor jumped in the back, the hound let out a yelp.

“Sorry Idar,” Lor said. “I didn’t mean to hit your tail.”

“Idar?” asked Rigoth. “You couldn’t think of a better name than Dog?”

Lor shrugged and said “I didn’t name him, he came with the name. Some humans thought they were being ethnic.”

“Ethnic?” Rigoth asked.

“Dwarven,” replied Lor.

Rigoth nodded as they approached the gate. The gates were already open as the fortress’ ground forces were moving through. Squads of speardwarves followed by squads of axedwarves marched through, the sunlight glinting off of their weapons. An entire company of marksdwarves was blocking the wagon’s advance and Rigoth shouted profanity and insults until the company made room enough for them to move through.

A marksdwarf who was missing a few teeth and more than one finger asked as they rattled by; “Ya goin’ ta’ see th’ battle then?”

Rigoth nodded and asked “How many o’ the bastards are there.?”

“Roundabout twenty squads. Seven on dogs, three flying,” the marksdwarf replied.

Rigoth nodded again as they passed the last of the marksdwarves and the wagon followed the road for a while before turning off and coming to rest atop a hill. The pair had a clear view of the battlefield to be and they could see the smoke of the siege camps miles away. The fortress’ aerial division was already returning from their flight and back towards the fortress. The squads of eagles and riders perched themselves on the cliffs above the main gate as they waited for the ground forces to move out. Rigoth and Lor unhitched the mules and let them graze on the hillside. Slowly, groups of civilians were joining them on the hills overlooking the battlefield and they were setting up tents and makeshift stalls.

“’S great entertainment fer the whole fortress,” Rigoth said. “Like a carnival of sorts only bloodier. Well, only slightly bloodier than some o’ the carnivals we have round here.”

Lor nodded as he watched the merchants set up stalls with various dwarven foods and novelty items. Things like small toy soldiers or goblin skull totems. Other wagons were climbing up the hillside that were loaded with dwarves who had paid for shuttling service to the battlefield. The civilians let out a cheer as the regiments took up position on the battlefield and a few soldiers were stepping out of formation to encourage the crowd. As more dwarves were getting settled, a sound was heard by all. It started as a low rumble but gradually became louder as time went on. Soon it was echoing off of the mountainside and onto the hills below. It was the goblin war horns. Massive instruments made from the bones of elephants. The crowd burst out into a roar as the eagles swooped off of their perches and flew out to meet the squads of quickly approaching goblins mounted on giant bats. The battle was about to begin.

« Last Edit: February 26, 2010, 10:24:54 pm by Labs »
I like to slip into bear caves around midnight and gently caress the carnivore inside before leaving a small cut of fresh fish and sneaking out.

Labs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2010, 12:12:42 pm »

Alright, for those of you following the story, I will be updating sometime today. Probably later on.

halberdear

• Bay Watcher
  • Ronald has gone mad!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2010, 08:17:37 pm »

damn it man, why did you have to stop there!  ???
We have received word of a possible syndicate nuke squad in the area. We are now detonating the station to prevent nuclear destruction. Please stand by.

Labs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2010, 08:56:37 pm »

I've been busy with my forum game all day. I know, I never update when I say I will. So I will suprise you all with the next update.

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
  • Cant resist... must edit post.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2010, 11:45:19 pm »

« Last Edit: March 10, 2010, 01:30:53 am by QuakeIV »
GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I wish my grass was emo, then it would cut itself.
Quote from: Jesus
Quote from: The Big Fat Carp
Jesus, you broke the site!
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

Odd!x

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2010, 07:25:33 pm »

Thought I was the only one who had this idea of making a story without a fort... looks like you beat me to the punch by quite a longshot :D
We are who we are, depending on who we were.

Labs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2010, 12:55:26 pm »

Wow. That long? I should write now.

Labs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2010, 04:21:18 pm »

“Th’ battle was a great one. They nearly got us on th’ right flank but we pushed em off. Axes make short work of goblins. Th’ aerial squads were divin an swoopin through th’ goblin ranks and pretty soon, the bodies piled up taller than the fighters. Anyway, that’s what it was like the first time I watched em fight. Now get yer face outta that biscuit an pay attention.” said Rigoth as he slapped Lor on the back, making him spew biscuit chunks on the ground.

The thump of the war drums and the resonating blasts from the horns nearly drowned out the sounds of the dwarven crowds. The crowds grew silent as the aerial squads met high above the battlefield. A few moments later, the first of the bats dropped from the melee. Then another, and another. The dull thuds and ringing of metal could be heard coming from the squads. A handful rider-less bats managed to get away but were quickly shot down by the mounted marksdwarves.

Lor stared up in awe as the last of the goblins fell or retreated. Only one of the eagles was downed in the fight and a few wounded. The downed rider was saved by his eagle but the bird was not so lucky. The crowed cheered and booed as the riders flew over head and circled around the battlefield.

The dwarves grew silent once more as a force of goblins mounted beak dogs poured over the hill followed closely by the remainder of the siege force. A crowd of hollering goblins armed with every kind of weapon was charging behind the mounted squads. The squad commanders were trying to bring the crowd under control but they wanted blood.

As the goblins drew nearer, the marksdwarves fired the first volley of bolts. Some of the riders went down in mid-stride and more than a few goblins in the crowd were downed. The cries from the goblins grew louder as they went into an advanced state of rage. The few goblins who were armed with bows fired into the dwarven force. Only a few went down. Most of the arrows bounced off of or stuck in their shields. The dwarves let out a battle cry. The goblins grew angrier. Even their commanders had joined the fury.

The mounted goblins were the first to hit the defenders. A few bodies flew but the speardwarves had tactically moved into position beforehand. The casualties were heavy on the goblin side. The riders were frantically slashing into the wall of dwarves as a large section of their force was overtaken by axedwarves.

The rest of the goblin force joined the fray not long afterwards, crushing some of the riders from their weight. As the melee began, a few large explosions rattled the teeth of the onlookers.
“Pop-goblins.” muttered Rigoth as he spat. “Bastards blow ‘emselves up with a special powder that they keep in kegs. Kills a few o the boys every battle."
« Last Edit: May 02, 2010, 04:23:39 pm by Labs »

Bao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Bump
« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2010, 05:22:35 pm »

This conversation is about 3x as bad as any in the mermaid thread. We are discussing which race of children works best as a weapon.
Pages: 1 [2]