Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Nir Tholest, The Land of Cyclones (Explore this world!)  (Read 2686 times)

vrga

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Nir Tholest, The Land of Cyclones (Explore this world!)
« on: September 23, 2010, 08:34:50 am »

Good day, so today i managed to gen a pretty nice world, thanks to the PerfectWorldDF utility.

So without further ado.
Meet Nir Tholest - warning 4 megabyte png

Pure unembarked save - 30-ish megabytes

Unzip this into your save folder, you need Phoebus graphics pack, it was made in r31.12, with following caveats.

1. Phoebus Graphics pack, preferably the 31.12 v03 version, as i've genned with this.
2. Dwarven Higher learning mod
3. Dwarf speed set to 250. If you wish to rever this, go into the save's "raw" folder, find the creature_standard.txt, open it, search for "[SPEED:250]" (without qutation marks) and remove that line.
4. Some minor smelting stuff was changed to make my life easier, but didnt, and i forgot to revert it before genning, so yeah.
5. Its a LARGE region.
6. I might have changed some other stuff, so i'm not sure. If you find anything, do tell me.

My goals for this thread?

1. Explore this world with other people, find interesting and awesome stuff there, and kill it.
2. Learn more about entertaining stuff in DF.
3. To witness the insanity abound afterwards.

Worldgen stuff, the excerpt from the worldgen.txt and the perfectworld save pwset file - around 10 megabytes

[as a side note, am i posting this in the right section anyhow?]

[edit] Also, my just started fortress on said world, The Arms of Dreams
« Last Edit: September 23, 2010, 09:16:03 am by vrga »
Zeocin's take on the current situation in Ardentdikes:
Otherwise known as the Release Urist Now Apocalyptic Weapon of Arse Yerking, or the R.U.N.A.W.A.Y. system.

JAFANZ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Nir Tholest, The Land of Cyclones (Explore this world!)
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2010, 11:40:04 am »

If you want to post the World Gen Params (I assume you exported them) directly to this thread, I might have a look at this, but I don't have the bandwidth/speed to bother with downloading a 4MiB picture & 10MiB 7z (whereas I can leave the World Gen Running whilst I sleep without interfering with my more important downloads) of something where I may or not find an embark site I consider suitable.

vrga

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2010, 12:46:05 pm »

worldgen parameters are massive due to heightmap data in them. the text file is a megabyte in size, so yeah.
Otherwise known as the Release Urist Now Apocalyptic Weapon of Arse Yerking, or the R.U.N.A.W.A.Y. system.

JAFANZ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2010, 01:22:00 pm »

Ok. Yeah, that's a big World Gen. I haven't really played with Perfect World that much, just the randomisation elements.

vrga

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2010, 03:04:25 pm »

hehe :p

Some things i found out afterwards, Emry form quakenet's #dwarffortress told me that with my worldgen settings and all there tends to be a lot of surviving civs, which i can confirm, since i let worldgen run till year 1000 and there were all the races still alive.