Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 38

Author Topic: Arma 2 + Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead  (Read 50031 times)

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
Re: Arma 2 + Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead
« Reply #345 on: August 22, 2011, 10:28:34 am »

How does that mod work? There'd have to be some pressure to keep moving, right? So is there a food meter or some other goal?
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
« Reply #346 on: August 22, 2011, 10:50:54 am »

Sounds fun. Gotta try it with you guys sometime.

Calhoun

• Bay Watcher
  • Reusable-Box
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: August 22, 2011, 11:38:31 am »

And I sat in a tiny villa while trying to help my girlfriend make a CD over the internet. Then, after a half hour of condemning the others to a life in hell (I was the priest), I was scared shitless by a nuclear missle strike, and ran off the side of the second floor balcony. I died painfully.

I know it's unrealistic, but I can't help but imagine little bearded babies for dwarves. In my mind, they come out of the womb fully bearded. That's how the mother carries them around, too, she just drags them around by the beard or ties it to her belt. When the father's on duty, he just ties their beards together and the baby just kind of hangs there, swinging to and fro with Urist McDaddy's movements.

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: August 22, 2011, 11:51:24 am »

How does that mod work? There'd have to be some pressure to keep moving, right? So is there a food meter or some other goal?

Don't die. That's the goal. Zombies are ferocious, and quickly overwhelmed the army which had an MG equipped Humvee and multiple troops with assault rifles.
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

kg333

• Bay Watcher
  • Derp.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #349 on: August 22, 2011, 08:10:38 pm »

Alrighty, I'm set up at my new place and back in business.  I'll be hosting another vanilla ArmA 2 game for tomorrow, around 3:30 EST, so our British compatriots aren't up until the wee hours of the morning.

Info is same as before, just filter by my name or Bay12.  I'm leaving the server up tonight for version checks.

Also, if most of you guys are getting OA now, I can look into hosting some OA or CO games sometime soon.

KG

Fayrik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: August 22, 2011, 08:26:00 pm »

I'll be hosting another vanilla ArmA 2 game for tomorrow, around 3:30 EST, so our British compatriots aren't up until the wee hours of the morning.
Sounds good, I'll try to remember! Though, no promises.
So THIS is how migrations start.
"Hey, dude, there's this crazy bastard digging in the ground for stuff. Let's go watch."

kg333

• Bay Watcher
  • Derp.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #351 on: August 23, 2011, 02:20:26 pm »

Server is up, come out and play!

KG

EDIT: Seems everyone is busy.  I'm leaving the server up if anyone wants to mess around, but I'll be playing a bit of CO Warfare.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2011, 02:43:48 pm by kg333 »

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
« Reply #352 on: August 23, 2011, 03:02:12 pm »

You said tomorrow, man. Either way, woooooo.

kg333

• Bay Watcher
  • Derp.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #353 on: August 23, 2011, 05:34:09 pm »

I forgot it was already tomorrow for you guys, it was 9pm the previous day for me.  Whoops.  OK then, game for Wednesday at 3:30, after I get back from class.  XD

KG

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: August 23, 2011, 06:07:30 pm »

I forgot it was already tomorrow for you guys, it was 9pm the previous day for me.  Whoops.  OK then, game for Wednesday at 3:30, after I get back from class.  XD

KG
Maybe want to use some timezone reference points instead of continuing to fuel the exact same problem?
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

kg333

• Bay Watcher
  • Derp.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #355 on: August 23, 2011, 06:52:55 pm »

Maybe want to use some timezone reference points instead of continuing to fuel the exact same problem?

I did, actually; I stated EST, but missed the day conversion.   When I can, I prefer to use Zulu, since I'm a former radio operator, but I find that tends to leave people even more confused.

Game would be 2011-08-24 at 1930Z/GMT/UTC 2030Z, should you prefer that format.  8)

KG

EDIT: Whoops, Daylight Savings.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2011, 08:04:53 pm by kg333 »

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: August 23, 2011, 07:32:41 pm »

I did, actually; I stated EST, but missed the day conversion.   When I can, I prefer to use Zulu, since I'm a former radio operator, but I find that tends to leave people even more confused.

Game would be 2011-08-24 at 2030Z, should you prefer that format.  8)
For what it's worth, I do believe a significantly large portion of the EST timezone is currently adhering to a thing called daylight savings time.
DST continues until November.
As far as I know, there are very few places that are using EST at this time.
2030Z translates to 3:30pm CDT, or 4:30pm EDT, for the record.

(Also, couldn't you use UTC or GMT, just as easily?  ???  I would expect most people to know their GMT or UTC offset)
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

kg333

• Bay Watcher
  • Derp.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #357 on: August 23, 2011, 07:56:34 pm »

Game would be 2011-08-24 at 2030Z, should you prefer that format.  8)
For what it's worth, I do believe a significantly large portion of the EST timezone is currently adhering to a thing called daylight savings time.
DST continues until November.
As far as I know, there are very few places that are using EST at this time.
2030Z translates to 3:30pm CDT, or 4:30pm EDT, for the record.

(Also, couldn't you use UTC or GMT, just as easily?  ???  I would expect most people to know their GMT or UTC offset)

Actually you're correct, with DST that would make it 1930Z.  Zulu is GMT or UTC, I suppose it's an older term mostly used by the military and pilots at this point.  At least on this side of the pond, though, most people don't know their GMT offset regardless of what you call it, so it tends to be easier to give whatever timezone you're in and let them convert.  The guys in New York tend to remember California is 3 hours behind, rather than GMT+5 (or +4, depending on the season)...actually, thinking about it, Daylight Savings might be why GMT isn't popular over here, since the offset varies.

KG
« Last Edit: August 23, 2011, 08:04:19 pm by kg333 »

kg333

• Bay Watcher
  • Derp.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #358 on: August 24, 2011, 02:25:21 pm »

Well, my university lasted a whole 3 days before their internet went down for this part of campus..although I'll grant the 10Mbps up is nice when they are running.  I'm on my laptop and can't host for a little while yet until they fix it.   :'(

KG

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #359 on: August 24, 2011, 04:21:05 pm »

So if I became interested and had the retail versions of ArmA 2 and OA, what patches would I need and all that? Can I just install the latest one or what?

It's probably a billion gb's worth of downloads:(
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 38