Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 38

Author Topic: Arma 2 + Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead  (Read 50029 times)

Spaghetti7

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam ID: wavy shapes dude
    • View Profile
Re: Arma 2 + Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead
« Reply #405 on: October 22, 2011, 03:20:58 pm »

Alright, so about 4pm over here. I'll be on then, and we can do some PLANNING AND JAZZ.
Sounds good.
That's nothing. I had something mate with a pile of dead meat.

kg333

• Bay Watcher
  • Derp.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #406 on: November 08, 2011, 06:03:45 pm »

All ArmA games are on sale on Steam, including both Vanilla and OA at $10, and Combined Ops at $15.   Best sale on it I've seen in a while.

KG

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: November 09, 2011, 09:44:46 am »

which one was the game with the auto generated randomized multiplayer skirmishes?

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: November 09, 2011, 09:55:02 am »

there is a website that generates the missions. Just buy combined ops for $15, it is the most content and best optimized version of the engine.
Only a simple mind can be certain.

justinlee999

• Bay Watcher
  • Unflappably FABULOUS
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: November 09, 2011, 09:57:43 am »

now that there's ArmA free, are the ArmA2/Operation Arrowhead games still worth buying? Are there any players on the servers?

Birdy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: November 09, 2011, 10:05:58 am »

now that there's ArmA free, are the ArmA2/Operation Arrowhead games still worth buying? Are there any players on the servers?

1. Yes, yes very much so. You haven't truly played Arma2 untill you've played online with 120+ players, all with working mics, radios (yes I said radios, it accurately models radio behaviour [meaning hills block them/power of the radios/static over the radio] and makes the game very immersive!) and 3D mic usage, if you talk, only players within your immediate position (1-100m) can hear you, it gets more faint as the distance gets higher, and it's 3d meaning you will hear in one ear if hes on that side.

2. It's not as played on a regular monday than say - call of dooty, but some events can have up to 120+ players

If you need any help getting the game started/knowing where to find these communities that play, I'd be glad to introduce you to the game!

BTW the main community that I play on is called United operations (you can google it, they have a website and info on how to play with us)
« Last Edit: November 09, 2011, 10:12:01 am by Birdy »

justinlee999

• Bay Watcher
  • Unflappably FABULOUS
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: November 09, 2011, 10:18:15 am »

But I'm living in Southeast Asia, I hope I won't have ridiculous ping on the populated servers...

kg333

• Bay Watcher
  • Derp.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #412 on: November 09, 2011, 10:25:30 am »

There's a lot of European servers, so hopefully that won't be too much of an issue for you.  One of the warfare servers I sometimes play on is in Russia, and I get decent pings from the US.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #413 on: November 09, 2011, 10:25:57 am »

I would love to try out a really big server so long as it isn't very serious. In fact, a 120 player server with all of takistan and a bunch of AI fighting and vehicles spawning and civilians wandering around might be a lot of fun to mess around in.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

justinlee999

• Bay Watcher
  • Unflappably FABULOUS
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: November 09, 2011, 10:29:12 am »

There's a lot of European servers, so hopefully that won't be too much of an issue for you.  One of the warfare servers I sometimes play on is in Russia, and I get decent pings from the US.
If you can get decent pings from US to Russia, I guess I can get decent pings from Southeast Asia, as it's nearer to Russia than the US.

Also the Project Reality mod for ArmA2 looks interesting.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: November 10, 2011, 04:15:09 pm »

soooooo I got OA and private company.

any server to join?  ::)

any noob friendly server to join?  :D

Birdy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: November 11, 2011, 05:31:45 am »

I would love to try out a really big server so long as it isn't very serious. In fact, a 120 player server with all of takistan and a bunch of AI fighting and vehicles spawning and civilians wandering around might be a lot of fun to mess around in.

Ah, then I'd recommend the 3RD Marine Division Server... you have to get ACE mod, but it's an MSO server (Multi Session Ops) meaning people play on it, and mark out enemy positions/briefs/report logs when they sign out to basically let the next batch of players know what's up.

They're not so serious bunch of gamers, but I will warn you that they don't like herpderperdy. (Don't go around shooting everything and trying to disrupt other players good time)

they also have their own teamspeak server, just google for 3rdMD and you should find all you need.

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
« Reply #417 on: November 11, 2011, 06:13:35 am »

soooooo I got OA and private company.

any server to join?  ::)

any noob friendly server to join?  :D
There's sometimes a DFC server up. Times and dates are usually posted in this thread.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: November 17, 2011, 05:38:22 pm »

I continuously get stuck on 'receiving data...' in the multiplayer setup after I join a game,

anyone know why this could happen and knows a workaround/what to check to diagnose the problem?

Calhoun

• Bay Watcher
  • Reusable-Box
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: November 24, 2011, 11:36:41 am »

New ARMA 2 zombie mod for future reference: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=15300

Its Turkey day, but hell, we still might get something up today at some point. Watch the DFC chat to be sure (Or join the teamspeak).
I know it's unrealistic, but I can't help but imagine little bearded babies for dwarves. In my mind, they come out of the womb fully bearded. That's how the mother carries them around, too, she just drags them around by the beard or ties it to her belt. When the father's on duty, he just ties their beards together and the baby just kind of hangs there, swinging to and fro with Urist McDaddy's movements.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 38