Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: catapult loaders often pick up the farthest stone availa  (Read 1739 times)

numerobis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: catapult loaders often pick up the farthest stone availa
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2008, 09:29:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Draco18s:
<STRONG>Z, not a, but chalk it up to typo.</STRONG>

Oops.  No, I typed that right.  But the autocorrect "fixed" it for me.  That's what I get for forumming at the airport.

Nate879

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2008, 09:47:00 pm »

I have the same problem, and I'm almost certain they get the most recent stone, which is usually farthest away.  I never haul stones to stockpiles, and with thousands of stones in the fortress, there's no way they are all designated for jobs.  A previous comment that "the dorfs may be selecting stones closest to the catapult if a straight line was drawn from the catapult to the stone, but the path to it might be extremely long and windy" isn't the case, at least for me.
There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary and those who don''t.<P>The ultimate fate of the universe.

aha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2008, 03:03:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Keizo:
<STRONG>

I'm pretty sure this bug was addressed a few releases back, and was addressed well.

Stones near your catapults might be designated for jobs from other dorfs. As previously mentioned, the dorfs may be selecting stones closest to the catapult if a straight line was drawn from the catapult to the stone, but the path to it might be extremely long and windy.

Also, not sure why you wouldn't want to just make the stockpile. You'd be saving your siege operators a lot of walking time and train them faster.</STRONG>

I have 60K of stones and no construction projects going on right now. Stockpile would be pointless. I am not training siege operators. I am using them to train my peasants and to get rid of excess stone. Stone stockpile would be pointless since the same dwarves who should train on catapults would be hauling stone. Also I'd have to fine-tune stone-hauling jobs so other jobs wouldn't suffer. Currently I have certain amount of catapults which ensures that there are currently fixed number of dwarves working in the gym.

tail -f -n 10 df_27_176_38a/gamelog.txt

briktal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2008, 03:13:00 pm »

You could, for the time being at least, use pumps to train your peasants I guess.
Pages: 1 [2]