Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Knights of Bay12- Planning  (Read 2590 times)

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Knights of Bay12- Planning
« Reply #30 on: September 18, 2010, 06:02:32 am »

Even Peasantry with pitchforks are able to demount a Knight on Horseback and kill one if there is enough of them, pretty much a Kitten (Not DF Kind) could kill a Knight if he was on the ground and couldn't get up fast enough (Slightly over exaggerated), which is kinda hard to do when you wear all that armour...

Very true. The billhook was a weapon specifically designed to be used against Heavy cavalry. It was a polarm, to allow use in a phalanx, and it had a hook like end which the sodier used to hook through a slit in the knights armour and drag him off his horse and to the ground. Knights in that much armour had trouble getting on their horses, let alone getting off the floor. This gave a billman ample time to kill him.
A lot of time, even enough to drag the fool from the field for ransom if they were ranked highly and could bring coin for his return...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 18, 2010, 10:15:33 am »

Aye and slings could be used to great effect in that area too, hit the knight hard enough on the head with a rock and he's out of the fight.
Nom nom nom

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 18, 2010, 11:54:06 am »

Well, reach weapons have a major bonus against any non-reach troops, mounted or not. And while you're right about bill hooks and other polearms being good against mounted troops, it's still a fact that heavy cavalry completely dominated medieval tactics until the arrival of the pike and longbow. But I can play with things a bit. Peasants with spears aren't going to stand up in a 1-1 fight against any mounted troops. They have to have numbers to compensate for their lack of training and lousy equipment, and the script will account for having masses of units so you can flank or encircle an opponent.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 18, 2010, 04:01:41 pm »

Added a lot of basics to the OP, including Tactical options and Units.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 19, 2010, 02:23:01 pm »

For your units list, I think it would be better if you split it into subsections, (Ranged, Cavalry, Reach and Melee for example) so it would be easier to find the unit you want. Otherwise you might miss one.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 19, 2010, 03:53:14 pm »

Good idea
Come play Mafia with us!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 20, 2010, 03:19:19 pm »

Updated the unit list a bit. Reordered it, added Strong or Weak to show differentiation for a few troops, and made some changes to the mounted troops.
Come play Mafia with us!

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 20, 2010, 07:19:59 pm »

Axemen should have a bonus against shields.
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 25, 2010, 05:32:30 pm »

Looks interesting.
Pages: 1 2 [3]