Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Well Crash Still There  (Read 1213 times)

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Well Crash Still There
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2007, 09:20:00 pm »

I get it on build 33, I never noticed on 32 because I generally don't build wells but everything was frozen up and I was getting unable to get water spam.

Anyway the well was build over 2 by 2 dug out aquifer reservoir, which was also being used a source for my screw pump so the level was between 2 and 3 most of the time. Not sure if that makes a difference.

Its like playing god with sentient legos. - They Got Leader
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd

Darkfall

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Well Crash Still There
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2007, 12:57:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Shades:
<STRONG>so the level was between 2 and 3 most of the time. Not sure if that makes a difference.</STRONG>

Yeah, with LP saying it may be caused by a well over no water, I was thinking that might have been my problem too (the water not being deep enough).  I drained an above-ground pond down about 8 levels into a makeshift underground lake, but I think my water levels were only between 1 and 3 when the well got made.  This time I'll wait until the pool fills up before I put in the well and see what happens.  I'd send Toady the savegame but my last save was at the start of the season and we're nowhere near having the well back in there.

[ November 05, 2007: Message edited by: Darkfall ]

[ November 05, 2007: Message edited by: Darkfall ]

Pages: 1 [2]